“Gorgeous!”
Review of Sunway Putra Hotel

Sunway Putra Hotel
Ranked #32 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is in a good area, safe, clean and “quiet”. I spent my last night of my trip around Malaysia and Singapore in this hotel and it was the “cherry on the cake”. Me and my girlfriend were lucky because we gain an upgrade so our room was very big with all the comfort: Queen bed, big bathroom with bath and huge shower, a large table, microwave, 42” TV. Can’t complain at all! The hotel has got a big swimming pool with the Petronas’ view and a gym (we didn’t use it, we were soooo tired…). The staff is very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel, excellent price/quality ratio.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Ceko 1982, thank you very much for such a wonderful review. Rest assured I will share your comments with my team members.

We sure do look forward to welcome you and your girlfriend back at Sunway Putra Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having read some of the recent reviews left for this hotel I am wondering if we are staying in the same hotel...we arrived at Sunway Putra Hotel at 7am from a very early flight, from the door staff to check in we were greeted with welcoming smiles & friendly attitudes. We were allocated our room immediately which was wonderful for 2 tired travelers. The room was huge, clean & very quiet, very comfortable beds, fabulous shower (I had chosen a Crest room, worth every penny). Having access to Crest lounge with breakfast, free coffee, tea cold drinks etc all day plus drinks and free nibbles between 6-8pm at night, free WIFI Internet in room & late 4pm check out we really could not have asked for more. The Lobby of this Hotel is truly beautiful, swimming pool area is fantastic, & as two Australian female travelers (50 & 74yrs young) we never once felt uncomfortable but then again a smile & a friendly attitude goes a long way... I highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Crest Room the extras you receive are well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear GinnyAnne12, this kind of feedback really makes our day. It is very encouraging to learn that you and your friend had a wonderful stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to share your positive comments with them.
I sincerely hope that we are able to welcome you and your friend back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I just returned from Kuala Lumpur and stayed at the Sunway Putra for 6 nights. While the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful, there were also a handful who were aloof and just ignored my friend and I. I understand that the present management probably bought this hotel and is (hopefully) in the process of renovating it - which accounts for the old furnishings. It does not however excuse the fact that I had to have my pillows changed because the pillow cases were stained. I also requested to change my pillow since it was too high and strained my neck, but they simply took the ones from my friend's bed and put it in mine.

I'm an avid traveler and I've stayed in many, many hotels ranging from 3-5 stars. I have to say that in terms of service there is still much room for improvement and it would also help to update their facilities. Lastly most hotels around the world now offer free wifi or at least free LAN in their rooms as a standard service. If the McDonald's at the mall next door can offer free internet access, then why can't a 5 star hotel?

1  Thank dana h
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Dana H, Thank you for your support and feedback. I will definitely share your highlights with my Front Desk and Housekeeping team. However, I do hope that you managed to have a good night’s sleep.

In regards to the wifi access in the rooms, I am glad to announce that the management had finally agreed to extend the services on complimentary basis to bookings made through DotCom. This will be with immediate effect. Hope this good news will bring you and your friends to Sunway Putra Hotel more often.

Thank you & regards.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

we stayed here for 5 nights and it was extremely beyond my expectation. very classy and near public transport. but the staff at the lobby for check in and info counters very moody and not friendly at all. and it was frustrating that the price we paid not include the breakfast thing..because nowadays most of the hotels give breakfast to their customers. ALSO NO INTERNET is a big dissapointment. because it is 2012 already and even every McD outlets give free wifi.

1  Thank wanashahs
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Wanashahs, Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apology for the unpleasant experience you had at the lobby area. Rest assured that I will review this with my Front Desk team on this matter. For your infor, we are really looking into the Wifi issue seriously.

Till then, I sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Excellent service and great value. I was given on the 31st floor and the room was spacious.The location was just perfect with shopping mall, adjacent to the buildng...but the internet is chargeable at RM15 per hour or RM60 for 24 hours...
Overall, i enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear PhillDeGreat, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the wifi/internet, we are really looking into this matter seriously.

We sure do look forward to welcome you back at Sunway Putra Hotel.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was awesome , the only problem they have is that the KLCC is far and every time we use taxi it costs about RM 10 .. It does deserves the amount of money given ... One more thing is there is NO INTERNET , actually you can use the Internet but you will have to pay ..... There were something that was good about it is the mall next to it coz all the fast food is there ..... the price of the hotel is fine .. We really like the hotel ..

Room Tip: Never chose a suite or something special coz it don't really deserve the amount of money but if...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Noor H
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Noor H, I appreciate your feedback and support. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Putra Hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

we'd booked a room before going to KL and wanted a non-smoking room on a top floor. when we got to the hotel they told us the top floors are smoking rooms,we asked them to see one of the rooms if they are smelly or not,since there wasn't any smoke smell in the room we wanted it,but when we came back to the lobby to OK the room they offered a non smoking suite,we went but it was really bad,quite old,bad color in the bedroom old furniture and spots on the bed sheet!
so we changed the room and wanted the smoking room on the 32nd floor,which was very clean,modern and very big. it had a table for dining,microwave,spoon,fork to be used if a guest wanted to eat in the room. so it would be good to be careful with your reservation to get the reconstructed rooms and not the old ones.
the location was perfect because it was only 3 minutes walk to the metro station.
the breakfast buffet changed every three days and it included hot and cold breakfast,rice,pasta,sausage and many other things, but i think it would be much better if they had 2-3 kinds of cheese too because there was only 1 kind which was not a good choice for breakfast(much better for a toast)
the staff were quite friendly and even if you passed through the lobby 20 times an hour they all smiled at you.

Room Tip: get restored rooms to have cleaner and more beautiful room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tnrahimi
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Tnrahimi,

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your review with us. Apart from the earlier incident of which you were extended a room which was not up to your standard, I am most delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us overall. Most importantly you found our staffs friendly and the location is suitable to your needs. I have also shared your food review with my Chefs.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Purta Hotel when you return to Kuala Lumpur.