“Great stay value for money”
Review of Sunway Putra Hotel

Sunway Putra Hotel
Ranked #32 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Without any request, the staff upgraded us from superior room to a one room apartment. The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was huge and my kids really enjoyed their time in the bathtub...really great experience staying here. The only difficulty for me as a family leader is to bring my family's stuff from car park to our room as i need to change the lift and have to walk through the lobby with my bundle of things....that's a bit difficult but overall i really love this hotel. Unfortunately it was fully booked when we wanted to have our return journey.

• Stayed: May 2012
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Stazas, I am grateful for your feedback as there is ample space for us to improve on our services. I would like to suggest that in future, you may advise our Bell Services to assist you with your luggage. Hope to welcome you and your family at Sunway Putra Hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Sunway Putra Hotel

Reviewed May 14, 2012

offerred me an extremely great service with a great room at an affordableb price.worth it !

Room Tip: Higher floors offers a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Neilham_Wisli, Thank you for staying with us !

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had the expectations and I've got it :) it was a nice hotel with clean and trendy rooms available. Gave us a comfortable night rests and was impressed by the breakfasts, swimming pools, the friendly staffs - overall it was a good deal and we love it! Will definitely want to visit here again :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear XY1029, Thank you for your wonderful review of Sunway Putra Hotel !

Reviewed May 5, 2012

This chic hotel has the grandeur of old style palatial hotel albeit with a modern twist in the rooms but the lobby is entirely old style - spiral staircases, wrought iron staircases and a pianist in the evenings. The family room was excellent with the best bed ever, a sitting room, two flat screen tvs, wall to ceiling mirrors and a spacious bathroom with more towels than needed. The carpet was clean and it was properly 4-star hotel, the few times a hotel deserves such a rating in our experience. The pool was great and the view of the KLCC at night outside our window, stunning. The room service was accommodating with a wide choice. Our kitchennette was functional with a microwave, fridge, sink, washing up liquid and stuff and a little counter to eat at. There are some grouses, one of which is the wifi which was RM60 for 24 hours. Every time you are logged on, the time runs, even if you are but reading one page. So make sure you get all your pages open then log off. The breakfast area at the coffee lounge was more like a cafeteria because of the sheer number of people, queues and the functionality of the furniture. Having said that, there are other restaurants in the area you can have your evening meals at - Indian, Chinese and Malay are short walks away and much cheaper. On the whole, service was professional, polite and discreet. An excellent choice and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Book online for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank dowlefamily
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear dowlefamily,

Thank you for your informative feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is better known as the Legend Hotel (its former name). Very big hotel : reception at level 9...
I had booked with booking.com ; my account was debited by the hotel 2 weeks before my stay.
I checked it at around 9pm. No more standard rooms being available, I was upgraded to the upper standard (Crest rooms) at no surcharge. The room was really big, with plenty of space, also in the nicely designed bathroom.
Another good thing in the hotel is the location, a few steps from the metro.
Also the restaurant offer is numerous and of good quality.

BUT :
- wifi costs rm15 an hour or rm60 a day, which seems out of proportion ; most hotels nowadays offer free wifi, right ? anyway, after some discussion (see below), they offered it to me for free, but I couldn't have it working on my Blackberry devices
- the night of my arrival, I went to the Japanese restaurant to enjoy the buffet dinner (yes, I enjoyed it, food was great and fine, and the view is fantastic). Then I asked to sign the bill. I signed a first bill, indicating my name and room number. Then the waiter said that I could get a rebate since I was a hotel guest ; so he had me sign a second bill with the reduced price. After that, I was about to go when the waiter said I had to pay ! I was quite surprised, but he informed me that my status was COD (cash on delivery), so I had to pay - ah, and sign a third bill. I declined to sign the third bill but I had no other choice than to pay. Later I went down to reception where I told them what I thought about this hotel which gets me pay the 2-night stay well in advance and does so much hassle with their customers. How frustrating !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank flyingFrenchman29

Dear flyingFrenchman29,

Do allow us to offer our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience you has with us. We shall definitely look into improving our standard of service to serve you better.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed there for a night after Genting. Can take a train from titiwangsa lrt for one station. The hotel is very grand. Check-in is at level 9 lobby. Booked a one-bedroom, but changed to a crest room as the room looks newer and they have plasma tv. The toilet is quite huge, around 20m2, is the size of those budget hotel. The breakfast has lots of varieties. There is a shopping mall below the hotel, but there isnt much things there, except for cold storage.
The only thing that I will mid is that the crest room do not have a door-bell, whereas the deluxe room has. The crest room has a big balcony, but the deluxe room do not have. The room is overall new and very clean. Like the room very much. The television only has 17 channels, not much choice to choose from.

I have took a cab to mid-valley, around 11rm.
When i checked out, i took a cab to KL Sentral for 10rm.

Room Tip: Asked for free upgrade to crest room, got big balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear dede1217_Singapore ,

Thank you for your feedback. You will be pleased to know that we will be embarking on a refurbishment exercise early next year meanwhile we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Sunway Putra for 9 nights while in KL on business. The main reason for staying here was it was opposite the Putra World Trade Centre [PWTC] where I needed to be for a 4 day expo followed by other business commitments.

Although I arrived at the hotel at 8.30 in the morning after an all night flight, the check in staff were extremely helpful and got me into a room straight away, which was greatly appreciated as I was looking for a few hours sleep after a long night flight . Most hotels won't let you check in before a time later in the afternoon. So I was very pleased to catch up on some sleep.

I just had the standard superior room which was great. It was very big and had an equally large bathroom with a great shower with the large rain head. Perfect! You couldn't ask for much more.

Although they don't have a lot of the extra frills that some hotels have, it had all that was needed. One thing I found rather odd was that it had a bar fridge, but no mini bar. But drinks can be purchased very cheaply at the supermarket in the mall next door. But you'll need to buy a bottle opener if you buy anything other than screw bottles.

The buffet breakfast was tasty and quite extensive with food to carter for most taste buds and nationalities.

The staff throughout the hotel are very accommodating and cheerful.

Great pool and spa with a nice outlook over the city that includes good view of KLCC.

The gym is also very good with a lot of good quality machines and free weights. Again the staff here are excellent and are only too happy to assist with any machines that you aren't familiar with. If you want a massage at the hotel, you'll be disappointed as they don't have a spa or offer in room massage.

The in room internet is a bit on the pricey side. But if you're desperate there is a Starbucks in the mall downstairs that has the usual free wifi, although its pretty slow due to its usage.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel with good facilities, restaurants and friendly staff, this would be a good choice. Its a little bit away from the city centre or the bustle of Bukit Bintang, but taxis are pretty cheap and the hotel is right next door to the train station. The trains are excellent. On time, frequent and spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PingBoy

Dear PingBoy,

Thank you for your informative feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.