“Excellent location , but average hotel”
Review of Hotel Nova

Hotel Nova
Ranked #215 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mistook when booking thinking this hotel is a chain of hotels. Location is excellent ,very near to Bukit bintang and shopping malls .the whole street is full of eateries and restaurants .colourful scene in the evening with people of different countries mobbing the street for food . On reaching hotel , instead of helping us with the luggage ,the staff were staring at us and security shouting at the cab driver to remove vehicle from front of the hotel. Desk staff were not cooperative especially the lady in charge was very harsh and inspite of request to allot Petronas view room , she was reluctant to respond though the attendant was informing the rooms are available . The air conditioner was not working and it was repaired around 3.30 am. COME AND SLEEP WITH US is the slogan of the hotel. But no sleep in night . I cancelled my Penang trip due to bad and no sleep. The bath fitting are of substandard .Breakfast is of average. The only good thing is MANAGER who not only courteous but also attended personally for the complaints. Hope not to go again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank supremecheme

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Although the hotel is in an excellent location there are others much nicer and cleaner nearby. This was the most filthy hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms had not been cleaned, there were cockroaches in the room and the night staff were rude and unhelpful. There were bodily fluids on the mattress protector, we had no bathmat for days as apprently they couldn't find any. We arrived home late one afternoon to find someone had been in the room and made the bed and taken all the towels. When we asked for more it was too hard for the surly woman at the front desk who wouldn't give us any without an argument

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traceian B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my second time to stayed in hotel nova. They provide the best services ever. This time I really travel a lot of places and hotel nova does have a fan page in FACEBOOK and they offer some free stuff so I get some free tickets from them and visited few places with discount. The room is clean all the time and whenever I called to receptionist or housekeeping department to request for iron board then I can get it within few minutes. Room still nice and I like the blue room always. And I guess in every room they put different pictures and the pictures so nice and cute. Jalan Alor always the busiest road and food is just few steps away from hotel nova.

I will stay in this hotel again. Totally recommended to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jessica_wong
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Basic hotel with some lack of cleanliness. Sheets appear clean but sink had dropped toothpaste, also sink only has cold water. Itl is at the end of the eating street so busy at night but convenient if you're hungry.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank EstnetKualaLumpur
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the first time i make comment on any internet website. I must say this hotel is good in location which near to all shopping center. I was here with my girlfriend and actually we're here for our vacation. The breakfast is great and tasty especially the scramble egg. The room is spacious and clean which made my stay even more pleasant. Check in and check out totally no problem for me as the receiptionists were well trained and i got my key within 3mins and this made me feel impress toward their service. Besides that, receiptionists were friendly and always a happy smile on their face especially the bellboy who open the door and welcome us and took our luggage to our room. The best thing is wifi is free and speed is great eventhough the hotel is fully booked. For me everything is great and the rate was cheap too just MYR145 per night.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank ChristianoKhogen
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It took over two hours for them to respond to our need for HOT WATER. Lowest standards of service anywhere. It is not a youth hostel. We got MUCH BETTER service at a youth hostel in Harlem than we did here in KL. Despicable and crappy and they do not deserve to remain in business for another 10 years! When we asked them for a taxi on departure, to help us call one, they kept telling us to ask the "concierge". I didn't see anyone because they were not even on DUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went out to the street to call a taxi because i refused to trust them any further!

Now, aside from that, their breakfasts are the only redeeming point. DO NOT GO HERE AT ALL. For MYR 152, it was even worse service than a Travelodge in the LA area.

Room Tip: Don't come here. This is the best help I can give you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ArgentioC
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

hotel is located at the end of jalan alor which is a wonderful food street. so you have your choices of meals right at your footstep.

it is also located within walking distance to bukit bintang major malls and shopping area. but its also at the cheap end where the 'working ladies' are (surprisingly endorsed by the hotel). expect them to walk in and out of the hotel and banging noises in the wee hours of the morning. not the kind of hotel you would want to be in with your family.

service was also terrible as only one young malay male staff offers a friendly service with a smile. the rest, especially a short, elderly chinese lady with a loud voice just gives you a sour face and sometimes even ignores you when you say 'excuse me'.

breakfast was pleasant and buffet style. the cook was very friendly and hospitable. overall, an average stay just for the location.

• Stayed: March 2013