Midah Hotel
$91
LeMeridien.com
$225
$182
JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$177
$195
$94
$72
  • Restaurant
$92
$87
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$78
$67
$154
$138
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
All reviewscentral marketpetaling streetmonorail stationpasar seni stationbukit bintancomfortable bedsawesome locationenjoyed my staywalking distancepleasant staybudget hotelsleeptubklinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Toilet flush was broken, clogged and full of cigarette butts. Windows were full of pigeon poo. Phone was broken. I implicitly requested upon reservation for 2 pillows but was not even granted. Lobby was old and smelly. Toilet and fixtures were old and dirty. Towels were more like rags and very unhygienic. Terrible experience. I would definitely not recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karl B
Sharul Mizan M, General Manager at Midah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Karl B,

My name is Mizan and I am the General Manager of Hotel Midah Kuala Lumpur.

I came across your review in the TripAdvisor site. First of all I'm very glad that you've taken your time to post a review regarding Hotel Midah. Nevertheless, I'm very sorry for the bad experience you've had during your stay with us. This incident is very much regretted and on behalf of Hotel Midah, please accept our sincere apologies.

Having said that, I hope it is not too much for you to assist me with your details (such as the name you were registered under during your stay with us, or the room number and the date) to allow me to go to the root of the problems and identify the necessary intervention.

I am more than happy to discuss with you on any other things that you may want to share with me. Please feel free to email me at gm@midahhotelkl.com.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,
Sharul Mizan

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was to attend a meeting in KL when I had to stay in this hotel for 4 days.Getting this chance I booked a Land tour package covering KL & Genting stay , sightseeing etc from Antilog Vacations website ( a bulk dealer of KL/Singapore packages in India).They give me a very good service at very good rates.The stay in Kl was arranged in Midah

I do not have many complaints for this booking. I arrived at the hotel after a long drive from the airport. They checked me in quite smooth and quick but an hour after having settled in the room, I found the bed sheets were little stained. Add to it there was already some foody smell lirking around. But they were quick to change my room, and in general were responsive and friendly. Receptionist is well versed with English, wont have any communication probs.

The room had things like TV, Fridge, chair, table, cupboard. There are a lot of different channels on the Tv for your entertainment. The ameneties were fine and all these worked well. Although the bedside lamp had bare wires coming out of it. They have a bathtub and heater (hot & cold.) You can lay down and relax while reading newspaper like I do. Even though it's quite small. As I said earlier rooms are spacious but the there is a different type of smell. They have a card key. softy - comfortable beds, but the air condition wasn’t up to the mark though.

The food- it is pretty much Asian, they serve nasi lamak in the morning (without chicken), boiled rice, fried noodle (ok ok), coffee, juice, but no eggs. The major let down was the location and the transport probs, keeping in mind I was on a business trip, perhaps not the ideal thing I wanted.

I feel maintainence is an issue they should work on along with the variety and taste of their food, other wise it would have been fine. It was an Ok experience for me.

Overall a nice ride by Midah staff and Antilog Vacations

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ashok R
Reviewed August 14, 2011

stayed here for a quick stop on business trip. everything is basic, average. check in easy and fast, very basic cafe with limited menu. room was clean and acceptable. very well situated near the china town, connection with monorail (5 minutes walk), get a taxi to anywhere in KL city from here can be reached within 15 minutes (if no traffic). overall can be rated average.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank tsashi
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The only good thing about the hotel is its location. Near to mono rail station and petaling street. Bukit bintan and twin towers are also not too far away. But other than that the hotel is a big disappointment. Rooms are spacious but the there is a different type of smell. When our room was cleaned up, we were surprise to see a big stain on our bedsheet and we called room service, they said they can provide us a new bedsheet but we have to change our own as its already late in night(around 10) and room service is closed. The water in taps usually come yellow first. strange. Overall if you are with family, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank AM_DEL_INDIA
Reviewed December 13, 2010

During our earlier visit we had stayed elsewhere but this time we were on a tighter budget. So we chose to stay here as recommended by a friend. It was a good choice as the location is very central and the services prompt. They were kind to upgrade us as to a family rooms we had 2 young children with us. The lobby restaurant was good to catch a quick bite. The quality of housekeeping was good but the reception staff could have been a little more friendlier. Overall a good stay and value for money.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family