“too old...”

Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #88 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great location, next to Lot 10 shopping mall at Bukit Bintang area. You can easily reach Sungei Wang Plaza by crossing the street.

For a 4 star hotel, this hotel is too old. Need maintenance. The room is damp and the towel is smelly.

Would think twice to stay at this hotel again. But if considering price and location, you may choose this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Though the location is excellent, the hotel has seen better days and is now very very tired. The staff are not friendly and understaffed. I had to wait for more than 15 minutes to check in. One staff was busy with a group check in and the other lady staff was busy chatting with a guest over an appointment after she knocks off work at 11pm! The room was dimly lighted. One of the bed lamps was not working. There were "blood stains" on one of the twin beds headrest! The toilet towels were so worn out that they have holes in them. Gave me an impression of a 0 star hotel. The door to the room does not close smoothly and needed a hard push to shut it, hence making a loud noise each time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Sushsi
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Coronade is located right in the hub of shopping centers in the metropolis of KL. Monorail's station is right in front so you can easily catch trains for travelling around KL. However except its location, everything else is not just OK. We stayed their two times and always found something irritating during each stay - like water was not enough, toilet shower was not working etc. Breakfast was fine and so is the room. If I am going to stay again? No. But yes, I will find any other hotel in the same vicinity because as I said, its location is awesome.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights we were on our honey moon and we decided to stay in KL for a couple of days before going to Langkawi plus our tip back home was from KL so we stayed an extra night on the way back. The hotel had a wonderful location and we could basicly walk everywhere. Both rooms were clean and had a wonderful view of the petronas towers and KL tower and room service was good as well. On the other hand the people at the front desk were to a certain extent rude and I felt extremely uncomfortable while checking in, the shower door did not fully close so every time one of us took a shower the entire bathroom floods. We couldn't manage to make reservations prior to arriving so we made this through a traveling agency at the airport and I wouldn't say it's a bad hotel but for how much they charge the service should be better and the hotel must be maintained more frequently or they should charge people less and stop calling it a 4 star hotel, God knows it's not!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone else, I think if you're planning on going to KL m...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I planned a 3 nights business stay at a "DIAMOND" standard room for RM 580 per night.

To my surpirse when I see the room, i see standard of a run down budget hotel room. Feeling tired and realising that there is no available room in other hotels nearby, I continued to checked in.

In the middle on my sleep, i was woke up by itchness of my body.When I turned on the lights to check, I saw tiny bed bugs running around on the bed. This is the most shocking things I can imagine, other then staying in a haunted room.

I checked out from the hotel first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank wongcheewee
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Encoutered very bad experience at Coronade started the day before I checked in the hotel in early June 2011. I would like to hold the room till late evening but without further checking, my request has been turned down by the hotel saying "impossible due to payment not confirmed". However, checked with bank that the payment has deducted from my account., called up the second time and raised my displeasure then only my request been accepted.

On the check in day, i was treated unfairly (which i believed my name is already in the "undesirable character" namelist and the receptionist are so defensive and acted in a rude manner. DO I OWE THEM ANYTHING? WE ARE PAYING FOR THE ACCOMODATION AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET IN RETURN?

From bottom (receptionist) up to the top are rubbish. I have tried to filed a complaint to the hotel but no reply forever.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOUSY HOTEL OR ELSE YOU WILL REGRET! MANY B&B HOTELS AT THAT AREA ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THIS SO CALLED "3 STAR HOTEL".

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CHUNJINKOK
Reviewed July 15, 2011

the place was strategic but the manager and front desk service sucks to the max! we waited for an hour for our room.. whenever we ask, they will say their manager is upstairs checking.. when the mgr came, all he said was for us to wait.. damn! our lunch plan ruined.. and now tt mgr went up
for the second time for god knows what outcome.. their timing screwed yet they blamed certain guests for being dirty guests. up till now, 15 mins after the wait.. we are still stucked at the lobby.. the only people atill waiting for our room.. damn! my first and last definitely!!!' damn!!!
finally he came down- and got the cheek to ask if we have gotten our keys.. all the while saying the room is not ready coz the guest left late!! i insisted an hour refund. from bg ever tolerance i told him tt none of his people even apologise including him. if they think we are worthless guest they are so wrong.. all our preferred higher end hotel were snapped leaving us no choice but to settle for this. and what we got are craps from the stAff!!

• Stayed: July 2011