“Value for money in a good location”

Hotel China Town Inn
Ranked #105 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne, Australia
“Value for money in a good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Close to bus stop for Sunway (10) and MRT station to easily navigate around the city.

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on 4 occassions and have had a good experience each time. This time we got 2 rooms, with hot shower in a clean tiled bathroom. The rooms are clean, well maintained and serviced each day.

It is in the middle of China Town which is crazy and full of life but the hotel is quiet and unaffected. Its not the Hilton but have never had a problem with the place or staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nilintentum_reliquit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were booked to stay for 5 nights but left after the first! My wife didn't sleep, the shower was cold and the room was far from clean.
It was the least pleasant night I have ever spent at a hotel in 29 countries. The only good point is that they gave me 3 nights money back!
To get in we had to climb three flights of stairs after crossing a urine infected gutter with a man urinating! Lovely start.
There was mould in the reception area and paint pealing from the walls.
Don't bother with this place, there are pleanty better.
Try the Hotel Geo around the corner, close to the MRT and train station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GordonAussie

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I arrived at KL very late at night and didn't have time to shop around for a better place. I've checked in without asking too many questions. Later that same morning I asked when is the check out time. I was told, that since I checked in today (at 1AM), I could check out tomorrow at 1PM. This sounded good to the extent, that I started not to mind the grumpiness of the staff. Before going out, I asked to check and confirm again if this was the case, which they did. The following morning, I was told "you forgot to pay for your room yesterday". It was said to me in a tone of voice as if I tried to steal something. While on the contrary I went to the reception twice about that matter. When I refused to pay and explained what happened yesterday, they asked me to leave the rooom immediately, which I did (even though it was 6AM). Now I can see that they have charged my credit card for the second day anyway. Thumbs down!

Room Tip: Skip this one, before it poisons your relaxed feeling of holiday.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vi S
Riwaka, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good service, the clerk happily let us check-in 2 hours early. Clean, noise does travel through the rooms a bit, having no windows is a bit odd but you can upgrade if you want. Very cheap - overall good value for money.

Room Tip: If you're trying to get over jet-lag then get a room with windows ;)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel is located in the middle of the china town market and it is not so easy to find it. The taxi will bring you only to the beginning of the market.

Pro:
- hotel is clean and there are no insects (that was very important for me in Asia);
- convinient location: few mintutes to monorail, subway and bus station;
- there is a very good and cheap foodcort in the nearby shopping mal;
- central aircondition works perfectly and it was even cold at night (its definitely not a disadvanttage when otcide it is +40C);
Cons:
- rooms are small and really basic, there was no window in our room (for us it was not an issue due to the outside heat);

Thus if you are not afraid of china town it could be a good point to explore Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
antipolo city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

For those who want to stay in the middle of shopping street market and cheap hotel. This is the perfect hotel for you. We take the standard room with no window the room and bathroom was clean and its ok for us. Unluckily the lift is under renovation so we use staircase going to our room located in third floor. Its near the Paser Seni LRT station, Puduraya bus station, central market, and KL Gallery Museum. Food is not a problem since there's a lot of cheap food stall around chinatown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Planed to stay here for two nights, but decided differently after the first one. I take away 3 points for the cockroach running through my room, the fungus on the ceiling and walls and the day blanket they only had. I give 2 points for location and silence. Price could be cheaper. I would consider staying again, because I have seen worse budget hotels hotels in KL.

1 Thank Spearwing