“Not good”
Review of Capitol Hotel

Capitol Hotel
Ranked #55 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Check in wanted payment up front for the 7 days and then they asked for. 2,000 ringit deposit in case I used a can of cordial. Room for the week was only 2,000 ringit so same for a deposit is dumb.

Hotel is noisy, can't get a non smoking room, 8 channels on the tv, rang for room service and they want that paid by cash. No doubt same deal for laundry.

Just put it on the bill ya clowns.

Worst hotel I have stayed at. Close it would be better for all.

Location is only good point but there are many hotels in the area so stay clear of this one.

Room Tip: Dont stay here is my tip
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Anotherpassword
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have chosen Hotel Capitol for this trip as I have stayed here before. Upon checking in, I was given a room upgrade by the friendly staff (Hafizi, if my memory serves me right). I am pleasantly surprise, even though the room was for my siblings. I stayed in Room 910 (Deluxe) and love how spacious it is. Bathroom is ok, also coffee/tea is provided, as well as an iron and ironing board (for business travelers). TV channels not the best, but who needs TV when there's a lot of fun to be had out there?

Location wise, you can easily go shopping at Sungei Wang Plaza, Berjaya Times Square, and other major shopping malls. As for food, you can find almost everything here in KL, just need to explore on your own. For transport, we took the monorail and KTM Komuter (MRT), as they are cheap. A bit of warning, MRT in KL is not as efficient as the one in Singapore or Hong Kong. At the moment, there is some renovation/construction work being carried out along Jalan Bukit Bintang, but if you love shopping, don't let it stop you!

All in all, I am satisfied with this hotel, and I will stay here again for my next trip.

Room Tip: 1. Book directly from the hotel's website (bit.ly/1nzNZj5), but you do need to make an upfront p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank harris1675
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed in room 1404 Captiol Hotel, KL for 3 nights.

1. Location is wonderful - smack in the middle of Bukit Bintang but it's tucked away so you don't get the noise and traffic.

2. Rooms were sufficient - not the biggest or the best, but the room we had was spacious for two, comfy bed and pillows and was spotless when we arrived. We had a view of the Petronas towers from our room as well.

3. Staff were cheerful and helpful - we arrived slightly later and were told that the one of the rooms had only twin instead of double beds. After we informed them we would rather have a double bed, I felt the receptionist did as much as she could (basically, moved a few reservations here and there) and got me my double bed.

The cleaning staff, bellboys and security guards made us feel safe and welcomed too!

4. Parking
My only gripe about this hotel, is that it advertised parking as a facility but in reality, the free parking is located in the next building (Low Yat Plaza) and redeeming it was a hassle.

You basically needed to get the ticket from Low Yat Plaza's carpark, bring it to the hotel and they will pass you a coupon which is then exchanged for a free pass ticket at Low Yat Plaza's basement.

All in all, a great hotel, good value and comfortable for a short stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor (8 and above) so you don't get noise from the street below. Roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paperdoll_heaven

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here last week and the staffs were friendly. Great location, 3minutes walk to the hawker st and a short distance walk to the Pavilion shopping centre. From our window, we can see the Pentrona twin towers. The only small negative is they don't have the make my room sign so we have to tell staff to clean our room every morning which was abit annoying. But overall I like it and I will stay here again in future.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is the 2nd time I stayed at Capitol Hotel. I like the cleanliness of the place. The customer service of the staff is "EXCELLENT". Since it was my 2nd time at their hotel, they upgraded me to a larger room without event asking for it.

Since the hotel building is a bit aged the equipment (Air con, water taps, TV etc.) are not of the latest models. So there were a few hick-ups. For example, we checked into the room at 5:00PM and when we went to the room it was really hot inside. We turn the aircon ON and left it running till be came back from dinner (approx. 11:00PM) but the room was still not comfortable. I called the service desk and within 5 min the technician came over to take a look. He did something to the A/C although the room wasn't freezing cold but it was comfortable enough to sleep in.

If I come back to KL, i will surely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is in the golden triangle (bukit bintang)...shopping, eateries & entertainment are not an issue...hotel staff are not friendly...room rates are a little pricey but location is good...near monorail station...take taxi from taxi stand at sungai wang as the taxi oitside hotel doesn't use meter (which is illegal)...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family