“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Pune, India
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and daughter during our vacation in KL. The hotel is absolutely fantastic, very clean, close to Bukit Bintang and all the shopping areas of KL, large rooms, great breakfast and very helpful staff.
Consdering that it is a 50 years old hotel, the hotel is great. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, and this one particular old lady was very helpful, giving extra attention to my daughter. The other restaurants in the hotel are also very good and serve good food.
Overall a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Port-Louis, Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Hi there
I was in KL a the begining of the month and drop by the Federal Hotel.
I was with my wife on honeymoon and I must say that we spend some good moments there. The staff was great and very helpful and the room comfortable. The breakfast was excelent and if I have to make a overall statement, the hotel is nice except for a few things which needs an upgrade. The wash room is a bit old style, and the corridors need some embelishment as they tend to look a bit scarry and cold.
Well me and my wife were on honeymoon and when we boke our room we precise that. but when we have our room we were abit astinish to see that there were nothing special in the room. It was just like every room in any hotel. We would at least expect a bouquet of flowers but there were none.
Apart from these small details, the hotel is well worth the stay as well as the price and is well situated in the center of Bukit Bintang and very close to the shopping mall as well as the metro.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Qadeer-H
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

- Smallest superior room EVER
- The staffs are poorly trained. When checking in , we had requested for an adjoining room as we're traveling with an elderly mother so we can keep a lookout for her. Was told to wait for 2 hours as they are cleaning the rooms. Told the reception to call me as soon as the cleaning are done as i do not believe it will take 2hrs to clean 2 rooms. The reception gave me a strong NO and a shake on the the head. FINE! Upon 2 hrs later and we check in our rooms, we discover it was 2 SEPARATE room. Call the reception and ask them as i had requested for adjoining room. "Oh sir, u requested for adjoining room, you should request for connecting room". WATS the diff ???
- On the day of checking out, we hung the "do not disturb" sign on the door. At 10am, Housekeeping rang the bell several times asking if we want to make up our room. Was furious as we had already hung the sign and WHY DO U NEED TO MAKE OUR ROOM WHEN WE ARE CHECKING OUT 2 HRS later?
- 1145hrs - Reception call us wat time are we checking out. More to chasing us out.
- Checking out. You can only check out on 1 counter attended by a single staff. You cannot check out at other counter ALTHOUGH the other staff are happily chatting and not doing anything. 15mins queue just to give up the card keys in 10s.

Room Tip: Dont bother. Avoid at all cost!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SupsteeL

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

It has been my third time in Federal Hotel since last 02 years back. Simply superb and nice hotel indeed with good amenities. It is situated in the heart of Kualalumpur which area named 'Bukit Bintang'. This area is one of the most happening place on KL. So far as I know it's a 4 star property officially but trust me it is more than that I belief. One can enjoy his nightlife near to Bintang Square near BB Plaza or at hotel in the Salsa Havana Club. But, appreciate if you'd go at Beach Club or Jalan Sultan Ismail road for better enjoyment. Shopping places, restaurants, ATM, money changer, massage parlour etc everything is very near by. Nevertheless, Taxi you can get 24 H a day/ night . So, must stay there in your next visit..............thanks.

Room Tip: Book at online !!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shohagepyllion
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Plus points - great location. Comfortable bed. Nice traditional Chinese dim sum at hotel Chinese restaurant.

Minus points - poor attitude from reception staff. No need for room key to access lift to room (anyone
can access the room levels). Room facilities needs to be Changed (Water boiler was rusty inside.
Shower head is faulty causing the
whole bathroom to be wet when
you shower.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

The rooms were really nice and clean. Most importantly the location is really good. Right in the middle of the nightlife. So even for late sleepers like me, there's lots to do in a minimal walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have been staying at Federal hotel for couples of times, good location, friendly staff and large room. But recent stay was not pleasant and finally makes me escaped from Federal hotel forever.
I checked in a room on fourth floor facing Bukit Bintang. It was very noisy starting from midnight. Firstly I thought it was from pubs opposite the street. When I went down to require room swap, I found It was the pub on second floor right next to reception.
Anybody including hotel staff in lobby was bombed by the sound but did nothing to stop it. Finally we got a room in another wing. I will never return to Federal hotel unless I got confirmed that pub shuts down.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple