“Thank you Concorde KL”

Ranked #43 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Thank you Concorde KL”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on two seperate nights as I was on my trip to Sabah.

The staff were very attentive especially Rina from the front desk.

The room however has shown it's age and the refurbishment should have take a place.

Walking distance to twin towers and the hard rock cafe is just few steps from the lobby.

The monorail/train station "Bukit Nenas" is just opposite the hotel.

I've given a free upgraded on both of my seperate stays and they delivered a birthday cake to my room just after I checked in. Surprise!!! What a nice touch and wonderful thought!

The only minus point is, the management should have consider to put a sofas or create a seating area at the lobby because when the checking process is going on, there is no place to be seated for mother with babies or family with their kids.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Meow_Boy
LowLaiFun, Manager at Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Meow_Boy

Thank you for selecting Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur as your choice of accommodation during your recent stay.

We appreciate your time taken to write this review and for recognizing our staff's attentiveness especially Rina's. We are delighted that you have been pleasantly surprised with the thoughtful birthday cake and room upgrade.

Your feedback for some sofas to be placed in the lobby for the families with kids, has been noted with appreciation.

May we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palawan Island, Philippines
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here for a week...I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. Excellent location, within KLCC. Wide selection of breakfast. WIFI goes up and down during my stay though but it happens in most hotels.Hard Rock Cafe and another bar just downstairs. The only downside i can say is that, I just didn't find the room service menu in my room, or maybe i just didn't ask - but they have a restaurant in the ground level.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LowLaiFun, Manager at Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear 78volts

Thank you for selecting Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur as your choice of accommodation during your recent visit.

We are glad you had enjoyed the excellent location and wide breakfast spread. Your feedback on the WiFi has been noted and will be addressed for a better accommodation experience.

May we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at concorde kuala lumpur on 11nov2013 for 1 night. The hotel looks stunning from outside with Hard Rock Cafe on the left side of the building. Check in was quite fast with no hassle. Lobby is just mediocre and there is no sofa to sit and relax after hours of driving from east coast. The hotel interior is quite old and aging but well kept and maintain. Our superior room was nice with comfortable bed, but everything looks aging from chair, desk, wallpaper and curtain. But once again its not a big problem for me since its clean and smell nice. Toilet is small with absence of bath tab (for a 4 star hotel?) And I think that was a big letdown for the hotel. The pool was old but great. With decent size and great view, theres nothing comparable for a good dip after a very hectic day. Breakfast is great with plenty of choices. Our table was well taken care with and the staffs are great, service was fast and foods are just simply delicious. I keep remebering the tasty waffle at the counter. Very delicious! !!!! After all it was a very good hotel to stay with.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Concorde February 1st and 2nd of 2014. The room was clean but small compared to the Royale Chulan and Intercontinental where I stayed the previous nights (comparable pricing). I got a room with 2 beds on the 11th floor the first night. I requested a change to a room with a king bed for the 2nd night. I got moved to a new room on the 12th floor for the 2nd night. The unpleasant kick happened when I checked out on the morning of February 3rd. The check out person told me that I had consumed 2 cans of Tiger beer and a bag of potato chips from the fridge in the room the previous day. They had processed a charge of RM 50 and sent it along to the accounts department. I did not consume anything from the fridge in either room. When I protested they asked me to sign another form (essentially disputing the charge). I have no idea how this is going to be resolved. It is either routine practice to foister consumption charges on unsuspecting guests or they are very sloppy in their accounting. Either way I am not pleased. The check out process left me with a very bad feel about this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank pearre
Dear Pearre

Warm greeting from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit which was noted with concern. Your feedback will be shared with our respective section head to avoid recurrence and will be highlighted as we strive to continually improve on our guest accommodation experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in he very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Been staying at the Concorde Hotel nearly exclusively in KL for more than 10 years and it never disappoints. The Premier wing fits the business traveller like a perfect Brioni suit. Flawless Premier Lounge, warm personalised staff, fantastic location and one of the best coffee house food in the city! And for nightlife, there is always Hard Rock Cafe!!! The close proximity to the monorail as well as being walking distance to KLCC, a hop skip and jump to Bukit Bintang and Changkat as well as relative easy access to Bangsar make it a unbeatable choice!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ctl_alan

Thank you for your wonderful patronage towards Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur through the years.

We are very glad to read your encouraging review. Our team is very happy to know you had always enjoyed the accommodation experience and we appreciate your compliments on our personalized staff, facilities, services and location.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back. Have a wonderful 2014 ahead.

West Sussex, England
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location, close to Petronas Towers. Rooms are a good size with lovely bathrooms. Pool closes at 7 though so don't expect a swim after being in the city all day. They do not have a lounge area downstairs just a formal bar which requires smart attire and is not available to an u one under 21 after 7. It meant as a family travelling together we could not sit downstairs and listen to the music. They advised us to go to the Hard Rock Cafe next door or the restaurant, hardly comfortable. If this hotel is taking money from families they really ought to think about providing a better and more comfortable social seating area downstairs for those travelling with teenagers. It's ridiculous that we have to go to a rock bar or a cigar lounge to get a drink with our kids.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank UKBurkey
LowLaiFun, Manager at Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear UKBurkey

Greetings and we thank you for selecting Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur for your recent visit.

We are happy to learn that you had enjoyed the location, good size room and lovely bathroom.

Your concern for a comfortable family restaurant has been noted and we regret we had missed out Melting Pot Cafe. Ideal for families, this outlet serves local and international cuisines for lunch and dinners, in a la and buffet style. For dinners, a strolling 'Batak' band serenades from table to table, nightly. This talented, multi-lingual 5-member band is able to perform songs of diners' choice.

Your feedback has been highlighted for better guest communication as we strive to continually improve on our guest accommodation experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back should your family vacation bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

After a hectic month I decided to treat my wife and kids to a night stay at a nice hotel. I picked Concorde Hotel because of the good reviews and also the reasonable price. Concorde Hotel did not disappoint me.
The pros:
1. The staff service was efficient. Everyone was friendly. The room service was super fast. The fish and chips I ordered wasn't superb but the portion was big and the price reasonable.
2. Even though this is an old hotel, it did not show its age. There was no musty smell. No fungus in the toilets.
3. The rain shower was awesome. It compensates the lack of a bath tub.
4. The swimming pool was good and the pool water didn't feel too chlorinated like at some other swimming pools.
5. Breakfast was magnificent. The place was full but the staff was efficient and escorted the four of us to an empty table. The variety of food was excellent.

Cons:
1. Parking is quite a distance, at the back of the hotel.
2. TV reception was bad...but I did not stay in KL to watch TV (I could have just stayed at home)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AhmadMok
Dear AhmadMok

Thank you for selecting Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur for your recent family break.

We are glad to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback has been noted with appreciation and will be shared with our Team for our continual improvement.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back and wish you and your family a very good year ahead.