“3 night business trip”

Ranked #43 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Southampton, United Kingdom
“3 night business trip”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a reasonable business style hotel, with attentive and friendly staff.

The hotel is located in the city centre, in walking distance of the monorail, Petronas Towers, KL Tower and restaurants.

The hotel has a number of dining options, including a Hard Rock Cafe. It has a central bar, with a little Sports Bar section for those that like watching English football.

I was allocated a premier room, it was spacious, clean and well presented. For a business hotel, it had a good desk and study area. However, the internet connection was a little slow. It was a standard business style hotel room. I will say though that my bed was extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was served in the Spices restaurant. You get a fair selection of fruit, cooked food and pastries. The hot food was a little cold sometimes.

Overall, this is an average business style hotel, the rooms are practical, clean and comfortable. I would stay here again next time I work in KL.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, WA
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I used this hotel for its location mainly as I had never visited KL and had only one night as a stop-over. It's usual for a hotel to take your credit card details on check-in as a guarantee, and then the actual payment is taken on check-out. However whe I got home and checked my CC account, I found that they had taken two payments - on contacting them they explained as follows:
", we believe the amount of AUD156.13 is a pre-authorisation taken upon your check in time to the hotel. The amount is only as a holding amount. Upon check out, we have used the same pre-authorisation to do an offline to your credit card, which means that you are only charged for the actual amount which you have stayed with us. The balance of the amount will be released back to your credit card.
Not to worry, we have contacted our merchant bank to cancel the pre-authorisation taken in order to get the release process faster than the usual time.
Do take note, the process will take about 14working days between banks and we appreciate your kind patience."
Obviously I'm not too happy about this!
As for the hotel, it's a typical city hotel, spacious, clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a modern well-stocked ensuite. Empty mini bar though? Great location only two stops on the mono-rail to Bukit Bintang or a 15 minute gentle walk.
Would be happy to stay here again as long as the credit card debacle could be avoided.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool - you will then get a view of the tops of the Petronas Towers.Ot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had never visited Kuala Lumpur before and only did so as a stopover on my way to Australia. However this hotel was brilliant! It is ideally situated and within walking distance of the shopping centres, monorail, Petronas Towers and Menara. The hotel was very clean, spacious, and the staff were very courteous and helpful. The rooms were to a good standard and had all the usual facilities. The breakfast was delightful and as I had upgraded to privilege I had a free limo car from the airport and a pleasant dining room. The Hard Rock Cafe is attached to the hotel and provided a good evening without having to go too far. I enjoyed it so much that I booked a 5 night stay on my stopover on my return journey and even met my sister there.

Room Tip: I had a very good room as I had upgraded, I am uncertain as to the size of the other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at Concorde because I had to attend a conference at a nearby hotel. I chose this hotel because of its reasonable rate at such a strategic location.

It was just about 10 minutes walk away from KLCC Twin Towers. You could also take the monorail at nearby Bukit Nanas station and two stations away, you will reach the famous Jalan Bukit Bintang.

My stay in Concorde had been pleasant. The staff were friendly and courteous and I enjoyed my breakfast. I experienced warm reception when I was there and I would certainly go back there if I have the opportunity.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

the waiters at the hotel restaurant are not friendly. they never smiled at all. the hotel was clean, the pool is not so attractive for those who bring their children. and this is the part that i hate the most : I lost my RM 100 baby blanket! i didn't know how it happened but it just lost! and there's nothing they could do about it. very disappointed.

Penang
Reviewed September 19, 2012

First of all, as I am driving, I found the hotel car park is very badly designed. It required a certain walking distance and the car park looks like not guarded.

Then, I did feel disappointed when I first stepped into the room, it is so small. Then I found out it was due to my hubby wrongly booked the superior room instead of deluxe room. The room is recently renovated, very simple design doesn't look luxury like some 5-stars hotel.

However, look at the bright side, this hotel is close to many nearby shopping mall. And... they provide great buffet breakfast. After the big breakfast, it kept my full till late afternoon. It is more like brunch than a breakfast. This is really added mark on my review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Concorde Kuala Lumpur. Having arrived late at the airport, I wanted to quickly get a good rest. I was not disappointed. Check-in was quick and painless. The staff were courteous and helpful. We decided to have dinner in our room. Dialled room service and the response was quick. The Soto and Fried Noodles were good. The breakfast array at the Melting Pot was also good. The variety of dishes served was more than enough to satisfy each person's taste. My only complaint is there were customers from the middle east who wasted lots of good food.

The Concorde is within walking to night spots and the Bukit Nanas monorail station should you want to get to the shopping areas in Bukit Bintang. I hope the Concorde would retain it's 4-star rating and not increase it. For a 4-star rated hotel, it certainly delivers a 5-star service at an affordable rate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple