“Quick gateaway”

Ranked #67 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Quick gateaway”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Cititel has always been my choice for a quick getaways after long working weeks especially to spend hours of shopping and movies marathon. Staying here years ago when they started operations. Apart from the same all-in-one soap, same brownish tiles since then I've seen much improvement - friendly front desk, new toiletries setup, new dine area, great breakfast selections, free wifi and no more slot-in cards in the lift.

Still need improvement, the door-card always fail the first time. Been here twice this year and during both trip I have to go down to change my door-card upon checked-in. Not only 1 card, but both card fails! Sometimes there is complementary fruit and sometimes none - hope this can be made frequent. Wifi only for 2 devices - nowadays we have smartphones, laptop and iPads - so 2 per room restriction is not enough. And the wifi is slow and frequently disconnected. The smoking room type smell is unbearable, they should use some spray to eliminate the odour.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear OpZaharin

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted and appreciated. I have shared with my team to address the issues and areas for improvement. Cleaning of the toilet tiles is included in our daily room preventive maintenance. Housekeeping associates have been reminded to spray the air freshener frequently. We have called in the door lockset vendor to investigate on the issue of keycard.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Edwin Low

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay in Deluxe hotel. Room is spacious and decoration is tasteful. Cleanliness is good too. Actually, 2 main reasons for choosing this hotel - 1) connected huge shopping mall. Very convenient and very wide choices of eateries and merchandise. 2) nice massage place on 1st floor (new world). It opens to 1am and allows me to drop by after a day of long shopping for relaxing massages. Price is not cheap though.
Security is also good and I can shop and walk as I like with much convenience and accessibility.
Traffic coming in and out of hotel could be a problem though. Long jams.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HildaLim72
Dear HildaLim72

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us recently despite the traffic jam within the Mid Valley City which is unavoidable.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The location was right in one of the largest shopping mall (Mid Valley Mega Mall) in Kuala Lumpur city. Available parking space for guest. The hotel have given us a connecting room coz we came together with our 2 children. Room was comfortable but can say a bit small. Facilities were great. No swimming pool. Breakfast was great with varieties of Food to tickle your taste buds. Shopping was just next to the lobby entrance. Cleanliness was being managed well with their House Keeper. Checking In & Out with no frills as the front office Team were well trained with lots of smile...

Room Tip: Plenty of rooms to choose for but it will be great if you could have a higher floor room with better...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Ameer3311

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that our associates services and hotel facilities / products have exceeded your expectation. It is also heartening to know that you and your family have an enjoyable stay with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel back to Kuala Lumopur again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last week. I didn't have high expectations and I was proved correct. Rooms were small (I stayed in a Superior room) but they were clean and had everything you need in them. I stayed in the hotel as I had business in the area. If you compare rates this is a well positioned property aligned to the Mid Valley Mall and the price is good. Cannot ask for more.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Paffytripper

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay despite the room size. For your next stay here, I suggest you try our Deluxe room which is twice the size of superior room where you will definitely enjoy the spaciousness it has to offer.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The location is just perfect as it is not far from KL city and to PJ and even to Subang. And it is just next to a great shopping centre Midvally Mall. I would strongly recommend this hotel all business travllers due to the rate and location. The size of the room is rather small but it is clean. The breakfast is great and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear LacLemanCH

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us despite the room size. For your next stay here, I strongly suggest that you try our Deluxe room which is twice the size of superior room where you will definitely enjoy the spaciousness it has to offer.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Mumbai
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a great experience staying here. The prize was very much reasonable and the stay was comfortable. The hotel staff were very helpful. The room was clean and had locker for safe keeping of valuables which was a great relief for us. The staff at reception arranged taxi whenever required and were very polite. The hotel is conveniently located very near to the mid valley metro station. The way to the station is through a big mall which had all the stuff you might require. We did some shopping there...
All together a great experience for the money we payed....
Tip: When you book, select for stay with breakfast. For a few extra Ringetts (20 I think) you can have a sumptuous buffet breakfast with 25-30 variety of items. We enjoyed it a lot since we did not have to go out in the morning searching for palatable food...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sasidevan

Thank you for your positive review of our facilities and services that have exceeded your expectation. We are most delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable experience staying with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hi,
I have been travelling to KL for business and have been staying in this hotel mostly on all my visits. I would highly recommend this hotel to business traveler, holiday makers with and with out children. Its a fantastic hotel with neat, clean rooms and bathrooms. The staff is excellent and very efficient.
Their breakfast buffet is great with multiple choices for non-vegetarians and having ample choice for vegetarians too. Their in room menu is also of a good quality but make sure you order well in advance as they take time to deliver in the room.
The location of this hotel is right where every shop-o-holic would want. The big mid-valley mall is adjacent to the hotel with a connecting entrance to the mall. There are couple of other malls in the close vicinity. All in all its a perfect place to stay

Hope this review helps you make a decision

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Pixelpaw

Thank you for your positive review and we are most delighted to learn that you have always enjoyed your stay with us thus far.