“Superb Experience”
Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #73 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Chose hotel for its location and nearby facilities, like the mega mall and accessibility to popular attractions. Stayed for 2 nights.
Initial impression during check-in was not at all pleasant as the staff was 'cold' and unresponsive to queries. Never mind, we were there to relax, so let it be. Amenities in the room was sufficiently stocked. Hot water (shower) was not hot; reported to Reception but instead of advising us on a solution, they just said cannot help much as hotel was full. (I did not ask for room-change but attention to the hot water supply). Anyway, let it past as we just wanted a 2 nights of relaxations.
The next morning, as we were leaving the room and informed the maid that there was no shaver in the bathroom.
We were out till the late evening where the Superb Experience was discovered. We found a note written by the Maid, welcoming us to the hotel, wishing us a pleasant stay, etc.... That was something that Service Is all About. That note from the Maid totally erased all the unpleasant encounters the day before.
It really takes a diligent and committed staff to make a difference.
This Memory of the Maid will surely bring us back to the hotel again when in KL..

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms above the 10th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Eroslkh

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that our housekeeping associate had provided the services that exceeded your expectations despite some shortcomings which I have addressed the issues and areas with my team for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you wanna shopping in KL this is the place you must stay. From the hotel itself you have access to one of the biggest and busiest shopping malls you find in KL which is the Midvalley Mega Mall. Next to that you get the Garden Mall which has all the top class brads.

Hotel is nice and clean not very expensive. Their service is not bad and the breakfast too is not bad. It's a good place even for a family visiting KL. Just out side of the hotel you get the LRT and taxi's are always available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Milinda1981

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that your stay here was a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is easy accessible and in great location. We stay for 2 night at this hotel. It is a affordable and convenient hotel as it located in a great location. We have been given a room beside the staircase and some sound of opening and closing the door will be heard clearly at day time.
We book for the superior room, the room not big but is tidy and clean.
Overall the staff for the hotel are friendly with smiling on their face.
We have book the breakfast at citi cafe when booking the room. The price is reasonable and the food is acceptable with what you pay. What a unhappy thing was we discover a 1 flies fly around at our plate which later was killed by my big hand. This are not affected our appetite as the cafe was generally clean.
Definitely will coming back next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear John Ha T

Thank you for your review and we most delighted to learn that you and your family have an enjoyable stay despite some shortcomings which we apologize for the inconveniences. I will share with my team the area and issues for improvement.

We look froward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley again and the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and were very happy with the service. It was very affordable and convenient because it was connected to the MidValley mega mall. The staff were friendly and approachable. We love this hotel because of its central location. Public transportation can be found at all entrances/exits. If you dont like the food offered at the hotel, there are other food outlets in the mall and you will surely find one that suits your tastebud.The only 2 complaints I have would be the size of the room which was a little bit too small. We almost had no room for our luggage and the paper thin walls. Our room was closr to the elevator and we could hear each and every stop on our floor and not to mention the footsteps of other guest walking to and from the lift lobby. We could also hear our neighbours muffled voices through our walls. On the last night, our baby had a very bad night and cried throughout the night. I pity our nrighbours because i am sure they could hear everything! Upon check out the next day, the receptionist did ask about the crying because there had been some complaints, but we were grateful no one came knocking on our door that night. Overall a good stay, but would consider a bigger room for our next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Bedede

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us despite some shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley soon and try our deluxe room which is twice the size of the superior where you and your family will enjoy the spaciousness it has to offer.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was reluctant at first when my fiance wanted to book a hotel room in KL since I am KLite though I have move away for a couple of years due to work. I thought to myself that I can easily find a friend's place to bunk into.

LOCATION & CONVENIENCE
However once I saw how close the hotel is to Mid Valley Megamall (East Atrium entrance), I knew how much time I can save on driving, finding a carpark and waiting in queue of endless traffic of weekends. The hotel location is so close to the mall that it felt like you're living in it. However, the hotel design is so beautiful that my room get a view of the KL Tower and KLCC and simply forgotten about the hustle bustle of the mall. Plus, since my main intention was to attend wedding fair in the mall hence making it so easy to go in and out of my room and at the same time able to check out the fair.
Also, very convenient for my friends to look for me as everyone know where is Mid Valley and convenient to come to this place as it was almost the center of KL and Klang Valley. Not only that, the hotel provide a free carpark and this help out a lot when I need to drive in and out of the hotel and skip the carpark queue!

FOOD
If your room doesn't provide breakfast, no fret!
TIPS to FOREIGNER : If you want to experience TRUE MALAYSIAN breakfast, head to the underground floor of Mid Valley Megamall connecting to The Gardens Mall. There we have row of shops that sell pretty good Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik at a very affordable price. If spicy food is not your cup of tea, you can try the chinese Fried Yoo Tiao (similar to pretzel) to go with either porridge or soya bean milk.
Though the mall opens at 10am but the breakfast place opens as early as 8am.

DISADVANTAGE
However there are downside to this; the room is small (felt like I'm staying in Tokyo) and the wifi sucks BIG time. The room is very convenient to couple, friends, business and not so for family unless you get a bigger room.

SERVICE
Oh not forgetting to mention, their cleaner lady actually bid us good morning and thank you! (never gotten such treatment unless I'm in a 5-stars hotel) BIG thumbs up to her and the management!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the KL tower and KLCC; very nice view!
2  Thank mileinna
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Mileinna

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have made the right choice of staying with us and that our overall hotel service has exceeded your expectations. We will be upgarding our internet facilities before mid October for better connection.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was my second stay here. We stayed here for 1 night prior to catching a flight the next morning. Found the hotel bellboy most helpful and reception guy, Roy, helped us to get checked in early so it was really appreciated. Deluxe room was quite compact and it has the tiniest sink I have ever seen! Was a little unhappy of being charged RM1 for printing of each boarding pass but that was the only hiccup.

However, due to the location and pleasant staff, our stay was quite enjoyable and would recommend non fussy travelers to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Shedee

Thank you for your review and we most delighted to learn that overall you have had an enjoyable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed one night in a deluxe room. Spacious,comfortable and clean. Meet my expectation. Shopping is easy. It shared the same building with mid valley shopping mall.In terms of wifi speed, a bit slow to my liking. Overall I enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Richard82

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that the hotel overall services and facilities have met your expectation.