“Definitely, was not a good choice!”
Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #71 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked a double bed room for 2 persons on the 16th floor; good city view yet the cupboard was too small to fit single person's clothes and certainly no space for your bags -but beside your bed!
The wifi is limited to two devices only (funny)!! The housekeeping is below standards, I left the sign to make my room only to come and see it as I left with the sign thrown under my door inside the room! Shower space is too small and you got to be shorter than 180 cm in order to enjoy your shower. No electric socket for electrical shavers or hairdryers, so you better be good at using the blades.

Good luck with your choice
Issam Abaza
(A Lebanese)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank foxisor
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear foxisor

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted. I apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Beside the superior room, we have another category - Deluxe which is twice the size of the superior where you will definitely enjoy the spaciousness it has to offer. It is fitted with a larger wardrobe, luggage rack, separate shower stall and long bath, including electric socket in the bathroom. Do try the deluxe room for your future stay here.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I have no negative feedback about this hotel. It is clean, the bed is comfortable except it is a bit hard to my liking (but everyone has a different preference!!). The service was great and polite. It is so conveniently situated at the main area of shopping and food court. Shop til you drop!!!! I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Sh1nbi

Thank you for your reveiw and we are most delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us recently. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rooms are very small with old furnitures, can hardly walk. Front Desk sucks as no greetings at all and look down on guests. There is a spa there which offer "extra service" I believe, as u can see those girls loitering around. Not a very big difference from the rate in Gardens Hotel, would not come back here again,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear PinkyJane88

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted with regret. We do not look down on our guest as we provide the same services and treatments alike. The Spa is independently operated with valid licenses from the relevant local authorities. Beside the superior room, we do have another category - Deluxe which is twice the size of the superior room where you will definitely enjoy the spaciousness it has to offer.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

One of the many brands of the St. Giles properties. There's another hotel at it's back also owned by their group. Their breakfast comes at a wide selections. Guests are mostly Chinese. Durian and mangosteen are prohibited inside their property.

• Stayed: August 2013
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Rael F

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us recently.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Business trip.
Huge place. Room's furnitures old, giving the idea of permanent dirt.
Excellent room-and-reception's staff: fully available to solve all my needs, even in bizarre hours.
Excellent restaurant offers.
To be considered the strategical position, close to commercial centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear ViatorErrantis

Thank you for your review and we most delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and our reception associate had attended to your needs.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business in the past and I found it satisfactory.

However of late I am less than happy with the reservation office.

Before making my present booking I sent an email inquiring on certain matters and I never got a reply. I finally had to phone up the reservation office to get their attention.

I subsequently made my online booking through the hotel's website for 5 nights later this month, A few days later I requested for an email confirmation of my booking. Up to today I am still waiting for the confirmation email. It looks like I will have no choice but to phone the hotel once again. This time for the confirmation email.

I believe a hotel's customer service team should make booking a room as painless and trouble free as possible. Unfortunately it does not appear this hotel share my view.

My advice to anyone booking or communicating with the hotel online. Please be prepared for poor customer service.

I might look for another choice the next time I am in Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Rooms above the mall's air cond towers are noisy. The noise last until the mall closes for the d...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear 88WideTraveler

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted with regret. Please accept my most profound aplogy for the inconvenience caused. This is not our norm and I have shared this with our Resveration Manager to improvise on reverting all booking confirmation to guests soonest possible. We are actually shorthanded due to some resignations recently.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'll choose Cititel Midvalley when I decide to shop in Midvalley or The Gardens Mall.
The hotel lobby is directly connected to the shopping mall, without having the necessity to drive out or walk under the sun. Furthermore, there's a covered linked bridge connecting to the Kommuter Station located at 1st floor of Midvalley Megamall. It would be convenient for travellers to travel to KL via kommuter train. The Superior Room is kinda small, but I wouldn't mind as I'm not spending most of the time in the room. If you preferred a larger room, Deluxe Room would be a good one. Free parking is available for guests. For the price I've paid... I would say the breakfast was consider good. Food selections were not bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear honey_mel

Thank you for your review and your continuous support. We are most delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stays with us thus far.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you are planning another shopping trip at Mid Valley and/or The Gardens Mall again.