“Value for Money”
Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #70 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice hotel with neat rooms, Excellent location with huge mall attached to it, Excellent value for money. Rooms are little smaller that is okay. Only one thing negative is when I had to start back to airport early in the morning on 5th, water was too cold in the shower and there was no hot water.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Adaikalavan_Ch

Thank you for the review the contents of which have been noted and appreciated. We are delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us despite the shortcoming of hot water supply. Due to the hotel low occupancy rate during the weekends, the hot water tank took longer time than usual to be heated. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better when you travel back to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

It's clean, everything works, and it feels safe. The location is fabulous - just a few steps from the monster MidValley MegaMall, where you can find all types of food, shops and entertainment. The room size is fine for the price paid - I would definitely return again. And I would use the train to get there to avoid the traffic issues.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Skegness1961

Thank you for your review and we are indeed most delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us recently

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel recently, we found our room very cramped and old. Bathroom lighting was dim. The roads leading to the hotel can get badly congested over the weekends and during lunch and evening rush hours. Breakfast quality was not good and mostly limited to certain ethnic Asian cuisine. The hotel rooms needs a makeover. The only plus point of this hotel is its' location next to Mid Valley Mall where one can do quite a bit of shopping. Overall a slightly below average hotel in its class.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear GlobeTrekker6

Thank you for your reveiw the contents of which have been noted and appreciated. Beside the superior room, we have another category - the Deluxe room which is twice the size of the superior where you will definitely enjoy the spaciousness. Our buffet breakfast is mostly Asian food due to guests demographic.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very disappointed when I walked into this room. It is a very small, basic, room. Really just a bathroom, bed, small desk and a small TV stand with a fridge. Nothing else, very small.

On first explore of the room, I couldn't even find space to unpack and slept with my half filled suitcase on my bed, the closet didn't appear to close with clothes hanging inside. The next day with some creative unpacking I was able to finish unpacking and take the suitcase off my bed.

The room was actually quite clean, the bathroom was clean, the bed was clean. I can't really complain about the cleanliness. Although the bathroom was small, but the shower was nice, with good pressure and hot water.

The breakfast had a wide selection of local and western food, but the quality was not the best, but it was edible.

The location is convenient, attached to the Mid-Valley mall so there are many dining options.

Overall, if you go in expecting a lower cost Malaysian hotel you will be quite pleased with the results. If you expect some high end American chain style hotel you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: From what I have read on here and what I saw on the website there are room that are twice as big as...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jasher0

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted and appreciated. We do have another category of room - Deluxe which is twice the size of the superior, the spaciousness will definitely suit your liking.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley and try out the deluxe room when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The location is both good and bad. Good - the hotel is linked to the Mid Valley Megamall. Bad - traffic to the hotel during peak hour is terrible.

The superior room is pretty small and with 2 single bed no much walking space left.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear wallaw

Thank you for your review the contents of whihc have been noted & appreciated. We have another category of room - Deluxe which is twice the size of the superior room, the spaciousness will definitely suit your liking.

Kind regrads

Reviewed April 22, 2013

To my surprise the room was really really small. No extra space for 2 luggages. Face towel wasn't provided, upon request.

Hair dryer is dying soon. Switch to the hottest, weird sounds can be heard.

Location wise is fantastic. From the lobby walk pass through the chinese restaurant you reached shopping mall. Food courts, restaurant, food kiosk, retail shops, pharmacy can be found in the mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jocey0515
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear yulianjade

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted. Please be informed that the hotel has another category of room - Deluxe which is twice the size of the superior room, the spaciousness will definitely suit your liking.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was staying there for 2 nights. Im surprised to see the room has improved since my stay in 2011. Smooth check in maybe because i booked and paid online. I got queen bed as i requested on my booking. The room was clean and tidy. I really enjoyed my stay. Im satisfied with the housekeeping service as i am really tired from the shopping and comeback to see the room was really clean and fresh. Really make my day. Looking forward to stay there again soon. I hv stayed at their deluxe room before and it is really nice and comfy ..also very spacious.. Its double the size of standard room!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear FarahHammett

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that you have had en enjoyable stay with us recently and our overall hotel services have met your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.