“Well-located Mid-range Hotel”

Ranked #67 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
“Well-located Mid-range Hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very standard mid-range hotel well-located for the Mega-Mall. The Deluxe room that I stayed in was large but the finishing was very tired and not that well designed. I had a buggy visitor at night - quite common by other reviews in Trip Advisor! Luckily the cockroach was slower than I was and I did my part for pest control by squashing it. I can only imagine there's more where that came from but did not think too much into it as I was there just for the one night. The best thing about this hotel is the location - it's connected to the huge mall so it's super convenient for shopping queens. Traffic surrounding the mall is very heavy so patience is needed. It's a short cab ride away from the KL Airport Express station. Would I stay here again.....? Possibly, if I were sure that all I needed was a bed for the night, and if budget were a concern. If not, I would look for other options.

I did provide my feedback to the hotel manager and got a prompt email response, which does show that the hotel is enlightened about giving a listening ear. Now let's see if the hotel's reassurances for better service have been put to action, and if future traveller reviews show better hotel ratings!

Room Tip: Go for the "refurbished" rooms - mine looked like it was semi-new, goodness knows what the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear peonypoppy

Thank you for your review of which I have responded to your feedback from the hotel E-survey. Once again, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay in January. Our deluxe rooms have completely been refurbished by first week of February.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel back to Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards,
Edwin Low

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Initially I was planning to stay there for 2 nights only. The reason I stayed in this hotel is because
I have to work at the exhibition centre for 3 days over the weekend. It is the best decision ever since it is very convenient to go the exhibition hall. Better than the previous hotel I stayed in Midvalley. The room is a little small, but it's quite okay, it's clean, it's practical & everything was there. I strongly recommend this hotel to business traveller especially those with family. It is because when you go to work, your spouse or family can go shopping, spa, movie, there's just a lot of things to do in Midvalley and you'll be spoilt with the choice of food you can find there. Oh yes, I almost forgot, the breakfast is superb, I love the varieties and delicious too.

Room Tip: Only choose superior if you travelling alone or spend less time in the rooms. Otherwise do choose th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thetravellingbunnies
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Miszreena

Thank you for your favorable review during your recent stay with us. We are most delighted to know that our services and products have exceeded your expectations. We appreciate very much your recommendation of stay at Cititel Mid Valley to all.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Cititel Mid Valley can consider my 2nd home apart from my original home. I stay there every quarter due to business trip. It has improved from the reception service to room maintenance since 2000 the first time I stayed there. However, breakfast is always the same. Guest parking is a problem cos limited parking space. The location is good as one can do shopping, dinning, entertaining, even I close my eyes I know where the stores located ie north/ south court, which level. Hope the management can change the breakfast items so that the next quarter I go there at least I got something new to look forward to.

Room Tip: If you expect a spacious room recommend to book deluxe room. Standard room is for tiny people who tr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear joanwcl

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us thus far despite some shortcomings. I have addressed the breakfast buffet varieties with the Executive Chef to improvise.

Once agian, thank you for your continuous support all these years and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel really disappointed me. The rooms are tiny and very old fashioned, 1977 anyone? In the US, we would call it a motel, not a hotel. So basic, not even a clock to see the time (essential when traveling!). Empty mini bar.

There is always some noise coming from the outside because the walls are paper thin, so sleep quality wasn't good. Breakfast is bad and expensive - first time I had eggs that tasted like nothing. Orange juice is fake (boo!).

It's attached to a huge mall with lots of shopping and a good selection of restaurants. That is why it gets 3 stars and not 2. FYI, the Chinese restaurant downstairs will charge you for a wet tissue!!! LOL, who does that?

Don't even get me started on the internet issues. For a "Business hotel" they should do better. Every time I left the room and came back, I had to re-activate my internet connection - what a drag. My business associate had much worse problems with connections.

The staff is very nice and friendly, way above avg of Malaysia general customer service level (which is the lowest I've ever encountered). The room is clean and they always did a good job organizing my mess.

I left this place as soon as I finished by business and took off to Bali, best decision I ever made.

The hotel did arrange a partial refund for the days I canceled, kudos for this!

The problem is not with the staff or service! The problem is that this hotel is old, ugly and sub standard! I'm never coming back here!

Room Tip: I know there are bigger rooms than the one I ordered, but they cost much more and not sure if they a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Merav K
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Merav K

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted with regret that you find the hotel old and sub standard.

The hotel has recently completed refurbishment for all guestrooms and have received many positive comments from our returnees. The Chinese restaurant located at the hotel lobby is leased out to a private operator as such the hotel does have not any jurisdiction over what it charges the patrons.

Our internet system is configured to automatic cut off any user who stays idle for more than 20 minutes. This is to protect the interest of other guests who share the common bandwidth. We are in the midst of replacing all floors Internet Access Points with the latest version to provide better connectivity.

On a lighter note, I am glad that the services provided by my associates have met your expectations.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Johor Bahru
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cititel Midvalley has a few things going for it, location, location and location. It's a pretty straight forward bussiness hotel with good location, centrally located, you can scoot off to PJ or KL downtown in 20 mins (mind you this is with traffic). It has it's own Commuter station, and every cabbie there should know it.

You can get entertainment, food, everything at your fingerstips as it's attached to Midvalley Megamall, and in 2006 or 2007 the rooms underwent some refurbishment. The morning buffet breakfast is ok with western and malaysian cuisine, but gets a bit repetitive if you stay there for a couple of days.

Being staying in this hotel since 2000 and I keep going back because it's value for money, strategic location.

Room Tip: Book your rooms directly from their webbie, it's a lot cheaper than a lot of other third party h...
1 Thank CalvinChoo
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear CalvinChoo,

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that you have always enjoyed your stay with us thus far.We are also happy to know that you are a strong advocate of Cititel Mid Valley and appreciate very much your continuous support over the years.

My team and I look forward to you welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The superior room is quite small, with small bathroom, especially the shower. Deluxe room is bigger, but we didnt want to pay extra as we weren't going to spend much time in the room anyway. The hotel is connected to Midvalley megamall, which is one of the largest shopping malls in Malaysia. A huge selection of food and restaurants at the mall. Shopping, cinemas and other activities are the main attractions. If shopping is your main objectives, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kevlarr,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us recently.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had a family trip recently and stayed at Cititel Mid Valley in a deluxe room. Really enjoyed it. The staff were helpful and polite, which is always a plus point for me. Buffet breakfast was not too bad, though could have a better selection of western and asian cuisine. Pretty convenient with the shopping nearby, with Mid Valley and the Gardens mall.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Tiramisuee,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley when you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Best regards,