I have been staying in this hotel for years but the most recent one in Dec 2012 was a most "memorable" and unpleasant one.
Firstly, a long wait at the concierge even though it was nearly 4pm. Finally when it was my turn to check-in, the computer system was down and I am told to wait again. After getting my room key, I was told that they are unable to generate the WIFI login and password as the system was still unresponsive. Was told that the WIFI login and password will be sent to my room in 5 mins (via a phone call) after I rest in my room....waited and waited and still no ringing tone. I have to call and requested for the WIFI login and password.
I requested for a high floor room during room reservation but it seems that everyone I met in the lift stayed higher than me (I was given a room at 12 level). Maybe I should be more specific on what level is considered as "high floor".
The room is a tiny one with basic facilities provided (tv, safe box, small fridge, kettle & hair dryer). The WIFI access only allow 1 user to login at one time. Unlike the rest of other hotel, it will not throw out the existing user when another user tried to login using the same password and I have a hard time relocating the hotel free wifi login page in order to discontinue the free wifi access and let my room-mate to login using her smart-phone. Possible for the hotel to provide 2 users login for the free WIFI in your room?
The supply for the toilet roll was not replenished! My room was placed with 2 toilet roll when I checked-in for 2 nites stay. We were left with 1 toilet roll but the housekeeping did not replenished during room clean up. We have to call for replenish when we were really running out of supply! embarrassment!
The most unbearable incident was a small cockroach found in my room and I only discovered in on my last night of stay! It was hiding at the TV console, where kettle and free sachets of teas/coffee was placed. It kept crawling around and we have a hard time killing it as we do not want it to migrate with us when we check-out.
Apart from the above, this hotel has a superber location where you will have easy access to the mega shopping mall, KL central and Chinatown. I appreciate bedroom slippers were provided this time without request but the extra pillows still need to be requested.
I might consider to book a room next year but I do not wish to find another cockroach in my room again. Please improve on the pest control of your hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located within Mid Valley City; one of the most modern and integrated leisure, dining, entertainment and shopping destination in Kuala Lumpur, Cititel Mid Valley is easily accessible to major commercial hubs and popular tourist attractions. Adjoining to the hotel is two exciting malls; the Mid Valley Megamall and the upscale Gardens Mall, with over 630 retail shops featuring a smorgasboard of fashion, food, entertainment and family fun. Featuring two categories of well-appointed rooms and equipped with modern amenities, 646-room hotel comprises of Superior and Deluxe rooms with internet broadband, that is offered free to residential guests. For dining and relaxation, the 24 hours Citi Cafe is located at Hotel's lobby whereas the Citi Lounge is ideal for evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Mid Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Mid Valley Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Cititel Mid Valley Kuala Lumpur