“Lots of improvements needed on the room cleanliness”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #67 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
“Lots of improvements needed on the room cleanliness”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for years but the most recent one in Dec 2012 was a most "memorable" and unpleasant one.

Firstly, a long wait at the concierge even though it was nearly 4pm. Finally when it was my turn to check-in, the computer system was down and I am told to wait again. After getting my room key, I was told that they are unable to generate the WIFI login and password as the system was still unresponsive. Was told that the WIFI login and password will be sent to my room in 5 mins (via a phone call) after I rest in my room....waited and waited and still no ringing tone. I have to call and requested for the WIFI login and password.

I requested for a high floor room during room reservation but it seems that everyone I met in the lift stayed higher than me (I was given a room at 12 level). Maybe I should be more specific on what level is considered as "high floor".

The room is a tiny one with basic facilities provided (tv, safe box, small fridge, kettle & hair dryer). The WIFI access only allow 1 user to login at one time. Unlike the rest of other hotel, it will not throw out the existing user when another user tried to login using the same password and I have a hard time relocating the hotel free wifi login page in order to discontinue the free wifi access and let my room-mate to login using her smart-phone. Possible for the hotel to provide 2 users login for the free WIFI in your room?

The supply for the toilet roll was not replenished! My room was placed with 2 toilet roll when I checked-in for 2 nites stay. We were left with 1 toilet roll but the housekeeping did not replenished during room clean up. We have to call for replenish when we were really running out of supply! embarrassment!

The most unbearable incident was a small cockroach found in my room and I only discovered in on my last night of stay! It was hiding at the TV console, where kettle and free sachets of teas/coffee was placed. It kept crawling around and we have a hard time killing it as we do not want it to migrate with us when we check-out.

Apart from the above, this hotel has a superber location where you will have easy access to the mega shopping mall, KL central and Chinatown. I appreciate bedroom slippers were provided this time without request but the extra pillows still need to be requested.

I might consider to book a room next year but I do not wish to find another cockroach in my room again. Please improve on the pest control of your hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shannahs_SG
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Shannahs_SG

Thank you for your review the contents of whihc have been noted with regret. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your recent stay.

The hotel system which was down but was immediately rectified by our IT team due to faulty cable. Effective next year, 2 WIFI passwords will be provided for each room.

The other highlighted issues have been addressed with the Rooms Division Manager and Executive Housekeeper, to improvise on the overall cleanliness of the room.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Compliments of the season to you and your loved ones.

Edwin Low

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Papar, Malaysia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights after came back from Europe trip, the room is a little bit small for the high price, but the location is very good which is in the midvalley megamall, one of the biggest shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, very easy access to shopping & dining area. There are tv, safe box, small fridge, kettle & hair dryer, wifi is free but limited for one access in a room.

• Stayed December 2012
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear AinaRahim

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay recently. For your next visit here, I suggest that you try out our deluxe room which is twice the size of the superior room. Effective next year, guests will be provided with 2 internet users per room.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better when you travel back to Kuala Lumpur.

Labuan Island, Malaysia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel with my husband for the first time and upon arrival, my first impression of the room is that it is not that small if you're traveling solo or as a couple(in my opinion). My husband thought it is enough room for two people unless you're trying to have a party in there. Since our luggage is mid size, we manage to fit both of it in the space provided. I was given free wifi but I didn't use it cause you would want to spend all your time at Mid Valley since the location of the hotel is directly linked to it. The link is at coffee bean by the way. We also didn't take the buffet breakfast(which you have to pay for) due to the fact that there's so many more choices at the mall but unless you want to start the day early, I suggest you take it. The shops at the mall do not open till 10am or 10.30am. Don't worry about making a mess in the room, the housekeeping staff will do their duty and make the room nice and sparkling clean again. The in-room dining menu is quite limited. Checking in was a breeze and it is the same for checking out. We had a late check out at 3pm instead of 12pm and they charge us RM100, however they told us that if we stayed till 6pm, it will be half day charged(which is approximately 145?). My husband and I love our stay at the hotel and would be glad to stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of KL.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElleRen
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear ElleRen,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that our services and products have exceeded your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Cititel Mid Valley when you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Penang
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times with my family and we find this place to be very strategic to dine, shop and also travel to kl sentral via komuter. All in all, we enjoyed out stay. However, the free wifi for one user was not enough. We hope that the free wifi will be provided for two users per room. The rooms were okay and we slept well throughout our stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the KL city
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lisalam88,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are pleased to inform you that effective next year, each guest room will be provided with 2 internet users.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and we look froward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Kind regards,
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel because the one I normally stayed in was fully booked. I was told horror stories about the rooms but I thought it was generally okay.

The rooms are dated and the furniture screamed "makeover!" at me. The free wifi in the room is adequate for business use although being able to register only a single device per room was a bummer for me.

The buffet breakfast that comes packaged with the stay was decent but nothing to shout about.

The best thing about the hotel was the price and for what one is paying, I suppose it represents good value. Having said that, I will not be booking this hotel again in a hurry.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the end of the corridor. Sound insulation is not that great and there can be qui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank F71
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear F71,

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted. The hotel rooms are currently undergoing a refurblishment exercise and are expected to complete by Jan 2013.

Effective next year, all rooms will be provided with 2 WIFI users for the convenience of our guests.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had stayed in Cititel Mid Valley for many times, always my choice of hotel when I go KL with my husband. It's a great location for eat, sleep and shop as it's link to Mid Valley Megamall where there are great varieties of food selection and shopping. It is also link to the Gardens Mall via basement 1. There's parking available in the basement if you drive. Rooms are clean and come with ceiling fans. Free wifi in the rooms, signal is quite strong. Deluxe room is definitely more comfortable than superior room as it is much bigger and the price difference is not a lot. Dragon-I restaurant is just located on level 1 (Cititel lobby) and it serves nice 'xiao long bao' too.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and deluxe rooms are more comfortable than superior rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear blessedwoman08

Thank you very much for your positive review on us. We are indeed delighted to know that you and your husband have always enjoyed staying with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley again when you and your husband travel to Kuala Lumpur soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staffs are helpful but tired. They do try their best. Breakfast spread is ample and above average. The price is extremely reasonable for a quick business trip and no staying in the room. But there is something in the rooms that are triggering the sensitivity. Towels? Sheets? Pillow? Air? felt more like chemical base allergy with a burn followed by itch. I have decided for just SGD$20 extra (without Breakfast) I will go the the next best one in Mid-valley.

Room Tip: Their rooms are standard ones facing cosmopolitan landscape.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kobat
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear kobat,

Thank you for your review and we have taken note of your comments on the highlighted issue which have been addressed with our Executive Housekeeper to improvise on the room cleanliness to ensure a comfortable stay to our guest. Kindly accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.

It is through your sharing that we shall endeavor to our commitment in improving our services and products to exceed our guests' expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels