“Average hotel with good location & nice view”
Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #72 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights after came back from Europe trip, the room is a little bit small for the high price, but the location is very good which is in the midvalley megamall, one of the biggest shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, very easy access to shopping & dining area. There are tv, safe box, small fridge, kettle & hair dryer, wifi is free but limited for one access in a room.

• Stayed: December 2012
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear AinaRahim

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay recently. For your next visit here, I suggest that you try out our deluxe room which is twice the size of the superior room. Effective next year, guests will be provided with 2 internet users per room.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better when you travel back to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel with my husband for the first time and upon arrival, my first impression of the room is that it is not that small if you're traveling solo or as a couple(in my opinion). My husband thought it is enough room for two people unless you're trying to have a party in there. Since our luggage is mid size, we manage to fit both of it in the space provided. I was given free wifi but I didn't use it cause you would want to spend all your time at Mid Valley since the location of the hotel is directly linked to it. The link is at coffee bean by the way. We also didn't take the buffet breakfast(which you have to pay for) due to the fact that there's so many more choices at the mall but unless you want to start the day early, I suggest you take it. The shops at the mall do not open till 10am or 10.30am. Don't worry about making a mess in the room, the housekeeping staff will do their duty and make the room nice and sparkling clean again. The in-room dining menu is quite limited. Checking in was a breeze and it is the same for checking out. We had a late check out at 3pm instead of 12pm and they charge us RM100, however they told us that if we stayed till 6pm, it will be half day charged(which is approximately 145?). My husband and I love our stay at the hotel and would be glad to stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of KL.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElleRen
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear ElleRen,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that our services and products have exceeded your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Cititel Mid Valley when you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times with my family and we find this place to be very strategic to dine, shop and also travel to kl sentral via komuter. All in all, we enjoyed out stay. However, the free wifi for one user was not enough. We hope that the free wifi will be provided for two users per room. The rooms were okay and we slept well throughout our stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the KL city
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lisalam88,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are pleased to inform you that effective next year, each guest room will be provided with 2 internet users.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and we look froward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel because the one I normally stayed in was fully booked. I was told horror stories about the rooms but I thought it was generally okay.

The rooms are dated and the furniture screamed "makeover!" at me. The free wifi in the room is adequate for business use although being able to register only a single device per room was a bummer for me.

The buffet breakfast that comes packaged with the stay was decent but nothing to shout about.

The best thing about the hotel was the price and for what one is paying, I suppose it represents good value. Having said that, I will not be booking this hotel again in a hurry.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the end of the corridor. Sound insulation is not that great and there can be qui...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank F71
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear F71,

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted. The hotel rooms are currently undergoing a refurblishment exercise and are expected to complete by Jan 2013.

Effective next year, all rooms will be provided with 2 WIFI users for the convenience of our guests.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had stayed in Cititel Mid Valley for many times, always my choice of hotel when I go KL with my husband. It's a great location for eat, sleep and shop as it's link to Mid Valley Megamall where there are great varieties of food selection and shopping. It is also link to the Gardens Mall via basement 1. There's parking available in the basement if you drive. Rooms are clean and come with ceiling fans. Free wifi in the rooms, signal is quite strong. Deluxe room is definitely more comfortable than superior room as it is much bigger and the price difference is not a lot. Dragon-I restaurant is just located on level 1 (Cititel lobby) and it serves nice 'xiao long bao' too.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and deluxe rooms are more comfortable than superior rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear blessedwoman08

Thank you very much for your positive review on us. We are indeed delighted to know that you and your husband have always enjoyed staying with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley again when you and your husband travel to Kuala Lumpur soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staffs are helpful but tired. They do try their best. Breakfast spread is ample and above average. The price is extremely reasonable for a quick business trip and no staying in the room. But there is something in the rooms that are triggering the sensitivity. Towels? Sheets? Pillow? Air? felt more like chemical base allergy with a burn followed by itch. I have decided for just SGD$20 extra (without Breakfast) I will go the the next best one in Mid-valley.

Room Tip: Their rooms are standard ones facing cosmopolitan landscape.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kobat
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear kobat,

Thank you for your review and we have taken note of your comments on the highlighted issue which have been addressed with our Executive Housekeeper to improvise on the room cleanliness to ensure a comfortable stay to our guest. Kindly accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.

It is through your sharing that we shall endeavor to our commitment in improving our services and products to exceed our guests' expectations.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ideal location if the purpose of staying is for shopping, as it is part of the Mid Valley Megamall complext, a location guaranteed unlimited shopping, eating and leisure.

The hotel lobby is always very busy with people, a significant majority is local compared with foreigner.

Room is surprisingly small, by Malaysian standard. It is crowded and after placing suitcase on floor I hardly have space to move around. View can be nice depending on which direction the room face. I get a view of the Twin Tower and KL Tower which was rewardingly superb, provided you get clear sky to admire it.

If the reason for staying is for a crazy manic shopping trip, or has to be at the vicinity, then yes may be is a good choice. Otherwise I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear JerryMJT

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us despite the room size. For your future stay, we suggest you try out our deluxe room which is twice the size of the superior room. The spacious of deluxe room will definitely suit your liking.

My team and I look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.