“OK laa”
Review of Cititel Mid Valley

Cititel Mid Valley
Ranked #71 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 26, 2012

If you have a list of things to shop at Mid Valley Mega Mall but you need to have a budget place to stay then this would be the hotel for you. This hotel has a direct entrance to the shopping mall so if you have too many shopping bags in your hand then you can just pop in to your room, leave your bags and go shopping again. Our room was a twin bed room. It was quite small but it was clean. I don't recommend for family since the room was small. We stayed here for 1 night and we had a good internet price for RM180. The buffet breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better scenery/view
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted. The room you were staying in was a superior category however, we do have deluxe rooms which are twice the size of superior rooms and are most suitable for family.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed there during a business trip. The room was old and small. The breakfast buffet was mediocre, not too much to choose from.

However, in terms of location, the hotel was convenient. It is connected to 3 or 4 shopping malls, with great selection of local and western food, and right next to the train station, which can take you anywhere to downtown KL.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review the contents of which have been noted.

We have scheduled for rooms renovation effective 15 February on a staggered basis and expected to complete all rooms by year end. However, we recommend you to try out deluxe rooms which are twice the size of the superior room on your next visit.

Our new Executive Chef has recently joined us and is currently looking into revising the menu.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming back back to Cititel Mid Valley soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Cheapest of the 3 CHM Hotels in Mid-Valley, the hotel is a quite basic 3*. Fine if making a group booking for a weekend in KL, but both The Gardens Hotel and The Boulevard Hotels (both also in Mid Valley) are a level above in terms of rooms quality and hotel class, but not a huge stretch in budget. Cititel doesn't have a pool or gym, but the Dragon-i restaurant on the ground floor is highly recommended!

Room Tip: Avoid the 6th floor spa...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GerardWh
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I decided to book into this hotel again after our stay 6 months ago, and we decided to book the deluxe room for more space compare to the standard room. And kudos, we made the right choice. The room was bigger (I think it's about 30sqm or 32sqm) than the standard room.

The Goods
1) Reception was efficient and check in was pretty fast.
2) The rooms was clean and spacious (as we book into deluxe room)
3) Good view on the 23rd floor
4) Convenient to access to Midvalley for food and shopping

The Bads
1) Rooms were not housekeep on the next day after we went out for shopping spree. We came back and finds that everything was just like how we left them before we go out. since that it's already evening, and we are quite tired and understands that if house keeping is done, it will take us another 30 minutes so we decided not ask for 1.

2) Power socket is very limited. When I say limited, means that you are not able to find more than 1 power socket in the room. The only 1 that I can find is behind the TV. I did not notice the power socket until i need to iron my shirt. The room has it's own iron and ironing board in the cupboard, but to iron a shirt, you need to place it near the TV because that is the only 1 socket I can find.

3) Parking is a bit problematic if you comes back late at night because the hotel parking might be full and you will need to pay a flat rate of RM5 in Midvalley parking lots. But this is still ok.

Stayed here on the 6th till 8th Jan. Definitely reccomend to friends despite the bads above.

Room Tip: Go for Deluxe Rooms as standard rooms will give you a cramped feeling.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edmund C
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are most delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay in our deluxe room despite some shortcomings. I have shared your feedbacks with our Executive Housekeeper to improve on our housekeeping services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Mid Valley when you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

stay in deluxe room, very spacious as compare to superior room( twice the size of superior room). hotel is connected to the mall & convenient to get to KL city by taxis.
however, the pillow are too soft and i have neck ache after one nite sleep. also, there is no free wifi access within the entire hotel or room.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Shannahs_SG
EdwinLow, General Manager at Cititel Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our deluxe room despite suffering neck ache from the soft pillows. We do provide hard pillows upon request through the housekeeping department.

Effective this year 2012, free in-room wi-fi is provided for one user per room.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My boyfriend book this hotel for us to stay at in KL for a week (20/12/11 - 27/12/11). Having read some of the reviews, we chose this hotel for its convenient location. We also booked another room for my parents as I flew them over to KL for the Xmas holidays. I thought it would be easy for them to have Mid Valley Megamall just next to the hotel so that they could do some shopping and easily find restaurants for their lunches and dinners. However, the location is the ONLY thing good I can say about this hotel. Halfway through our stay here, I woke up at 1.30 am in the morning and found bedbugs crawling on my bed! It was so disgusting and horrifying. I found more than 3 on mine and 1 on my boyfriend's bed (They gave us a twin bed). I crushed the bedbugs on a couple of tissues and dragged my boyfriend to the reception counter. I handed the tissues that contained the bed bugs to the staff at the reception desk and she herself dropped the tissue in disgust! All she could do was apologise and said she would change our rooms for us. I was so angry that a hotel like Cititel would provide such rooms for their guests. I know this is not a 5* hotel and I did not expect 5* treatments BUT I did pay a lot of money for their hotel room (it was peak period in Dec) and the least they could do was provide me with a clean bed! Is that so much to ask for?

I was beyond exhausted to argue with the staff as it was almost 2am in the morning and we had to pack all our stuff back into the luggage and move it to the new room (we were in Room 1613 and was moved to Room 1504)!!! I was tempted to cancel my reservations and move to a different hotel but my parents were leaving the next day and I didnt want to inconvenience them. We were due to check out a day after my parents and the hotel only gave us a call the day before we left to check if we were ok and if we were 'bitten' by the bedbugs. I had bites all over the right side of my body as I sleep on my right side (see pictures which I will attach with this review). The funny thing was my parents bed were ok but I ended up with the bug infested ones! You can call me unlucky but seriously the hotel needs to maintain good quality standards. There is NO excuse in this case! I am going to write a formal letter of complaint to the management, the local paper and the national consumer complaints centre on this. They need to ensure that this doesnt happen to other hotel guests.

In hindsight, I would probably have screamed at the staff and demanded a refund (highly doubt they would have given me any refund!). I had such a terrible experience here that I would never recommend this hotel not even to my worst enemy. If you do decide to book this hotel, good luck and I hope you dont wake up with bedbugs crawling all over your body!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Gina Y

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Cititel Mid Valley Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for accepting my sincere apologies over this unfortunate incident as per our correspondence dated 3rd and 7th Jan 2012. My associates acted as swiftly as possible when you complaint about the bites by offering room changed and extended medical assistance but was rejected.

The housekeeping asscoiates have been guided to ensure thorough cleanliness of the rooms are maintained at all times.

Once again, my profound apologies and thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2011

we always book Cititel when we go to KL as it's pretty near the north-south highway exit and we don't have to navigate through the confusing and jammed streets of KL (although it must be said that the road to cititel is quite confusing as well). What I love about the hotel is that it is directly connected to mid valley megamall that sells everything and its also connected to the more upscale mall (the gardens) next door! It is also convenient to get to the city area and main shopping district as a taxi ride to Petaling street(chinatown) only costs RM 8-9!

We usually go for the deluxe room that is significantly more spacious than the superior room as 4 of us can fit into the room, which is a better bargain. Room and toilet are clean, modern and spacious. Deluxe room also comes with free buffet breakfast for 3.

Room Tip: if traveling with family, go for the deluxe rooms. Some floors are designated smoking floors, so bet...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay in our deluxe room. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Mid Valley when your plans bring you to Kuala Lumpur.