This is to warn other unsuspecting travelers like me. When I booked this hotel, I paid for a Deluxe Club Room of about Rm500/nite. After checking in (note there is no special check in like most other hotels with ClubRoom), we were given the smallest size room (This is one of the two smallest room in that floor). After complaining, we were given another room that is only slightly bigger. This is our first unpleasant experience.
Later, we found out what is the meaning of RoyaleBintang's meaning of Club Room facilities....there is no cocktail hours like 6 to 8pm where liquor and carnapes are served. We unpleasantly found a self entrance door where you touch your room card to gain access. No body is inside that small tiny area. Inside, we only find tea & coffee with a miserable small plate of one type of tiny nonya cake....probably left for hours and hours. In the few times I visited this tiny place, I have never seen another hotel quest. And....that tiny plate of nonya cake seemed untouched after a few visits.
I was wondering if this is a 4 star hotel?
After discovering there is no newspaper outside my door in the morning, I called to ask for the newspaper. After 1 1/4 hr, that newspaper did not come. It was a few minutes later after the 2nd call that the newspaper arrived. This is not what I would expect of a 4star hotel. Quess what, I have to ask for a newspaper again the next morning.
Other than the unpleasant experiences, the location is good, but there are so many other better hotels in the better vicinity to shopping areas. The breakfast is acceptable, but again in one instance, I had to ask and ask again before the staff did a refill in one of the food station. It was not late morning yet at that time and refills were not forthcoming.
Overall, please don't ever get short-changed like me, paying more for a Club Room where there is "none"!!!! and got a miserable room....
Go for others nearby and get better value for your money!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang (formerly known as The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur) is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. Our location is within a short walking distance of the monorail stations and major shopping centers including Sg. Wang Plaza, Times Square, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, Pavilion and the entertainment hub along the famous Bintang Walk. With a choice of Superior or Deluxe rooms, Executive Suites and The Royale Suite, each guest room has individually controlled air conditioning, telephone with voicemail, hairdryer, remote controlled TV with BBC cable services, coffee and tea making facilities, personal safe as well as broadband internet access to our Club floors. The hotel’s Executive Floors consist of the Royale Club rooms, Deluxe Club rooms, Executive Suites and Royale Suite. Privileges include continental breakfast, evening refreshments and all-day coffee and tea served at The Royale Club Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Bintang Hotel