“Good Location”

Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang
Ranked #255 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Hotel service is good & the staff is helpful & friendly . The Spa is good & price are reasonable , the place is comfortable make us so relax . But the breakfast is need to be improve b'coz everyday almost same so boring .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a nice affordable hotel on Bukit Bintang, easily accessible from the monorail. Good breakfast with huge Asian selection, clean rooms, comfy beds. Nothing to be crazy about, but excellent for the price and location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

stayed here last ramadhan as they had break-fasting buffet promo. the room is quite small and i had bad experience while checking in where i have to wait for 30 mins due to short of staffs. worst, a group of tourist from China also checked in during that time. only 2 front staff working on that day to handle groups of persons. the management should beware on this matter as 4 stars hotel shouldn't make their guests waited that long.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel from 21st - 24th Dec 2013. I checked in few hours early, but hotel staff provided a room for us. It was a great help. Room I booked was Superior with Breakfast. Buffet Breakfast was good. There were lot of varieties. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. There were lot of food outlets, shopping complexes are around. The hotel is located in a very convenient place. Hotel room looks very old. Carpets have stains. Bath room is clean but looks very old. Frame of the mirror in the bath room looks very old and not painted for a long period. Sink and cistern had leaks. This means maintenance is very poor. Safe was not working. We reported it to the hotel, but not attended. Because of that we had to carry our valuables all the time. Mini bar had only soft drinks. There were water bottles, we consumed a few and it was charged. We have no problems for it.
Lighting in the room was less specially in the writing table area. View from the room was not very pleasant ( It was some old residential flats) I have a doubt that I got the value for money I paid for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night this month for a business conference.

The initial impact is before you enter the hotel, it's situated in downtown KL in a street where you can find ANYTHING literally.

Inside the hotel, the delegates check in was in the coffee shop not at reception, that is not the problem; the problem is the the receptionist didn't know that !! He kept searching his computer for my name for 5 minutes until his colleague told that the delegates check in is in the coffee shop.

I received my room card, the bill boy was not available so I went up by myself and got the shock when I opened the door, lights on; the room had a very very bad smell and the towels in the bathroom were on the floor!!!!!

I took my luggage back down and asked the lady in charge to change the room or find another hotel. She changed the room, I went back up with my luggage (no bill boy yet) opened the new room, no smell (no smell at all good or bad) bathroom was clean so I accepted reluctantly.

I checked the room and everything seemed in order except for the safe which was locked so I called the operator told him about it and he said he will send someone to fix it, I left the room for dinner.

Came back 2 hours later the safe is still locked, I called the operator again and complained to him that no one came for the safe, someone came after 10min (that was around 12 midnight).

The toilet flush was broken - never fixed. The shower handle kept sliding down on the holder and I am 186 cm tall so you can imagine the frustration everyday - not fixed.

The hotel corridors, carpeting, wall paint all need to be REMOVED and install new replacement.

The conferencing facilities are ok, I have seen much much better for this level of hotel.

Final words: for 120$ (I found out later on the net that you can get the room from 85$) if you don't mind these things and if you only need a bed to sleep in at night (you are out all day) it is barely ok.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Omar Z
Reviewed December 23, 2013

When we entered our room, there was no towels in the room. It took housekeeping an hour to bring the towels. In addition, we discovered the previous occupant's underwear on the floor which made us suspect that the room was never cleaned. The safe in our room did not work. We were then moved to a different room, but the safe in this one was too small for a laptop (we requested a laptop safe when we booked the room) and smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking floor. The drain in the basin was blocked and the water could not flow out. We were then moved to another floor with a larger safe, but this room also smelled like smoke and we had to request towels yet again. We will never stay at this hotel again. When we were in reception, other customers were also complaining about their rooms- shower heads fell down, etc. There was a lot of traffic jams because of MRT work taking place in the area - one time a taxi driver wanted to charg us more because of this. The location was excellent - near shops, night market and plenty of taxis available at all times.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sabihah M
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The room was nice with a view of both KL Tower and the Petronas Twin Towers.The staff were very friendly and welcoming and helped us with getting to know Malaysia better. The key aspect of this hotel is its proximity to the best shopping places especially during festive seasons such as Low Yat Plaza. Nice food around too. Also near to imbi monorail station.
Only downside is the quality of the amenities such as the bathroom which needs renovation. The room is recommended for anybody who is not planning on,staying in the whole day. Bed very comfortable,perfect after a tiring walk in KL.

• Stayed: December 2013