1,193 results
All reviewsjalan alorlow yat plazawalking distanceberjaya times squarehotel is in a great locationbreakfast was includedtwin towerskl towershoppingmonorailpetronas
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my second visit to the hotel and i dont think i will return. I was there for the very busy long weekend in August and the hotel was extremely busy. My room was in the back part of the hotel with a view of a run down building. Breakfast was extremely interesting in the mornings it would seem that many of the guests were bringing their lunch boxes to breakfast and each time something new would come out the food would disappear in a flash to be packed away for later use. I would like to think that perhaps the hotel might be able to deal with this issue as i was struggling to find something to eat - even the roti station ran out of roti as guests were helping themselves to large plates - this was very disappointing to guest who were doing the right thing and trying to have some breakfast. Nearly every day my room card needed to be recoded - frustrating and annoying. I asked for a taxi to take me to the airport and the doorman flagged me down an executive taxi - it cost me almost double, my fault for not specify which taxi i wanted. Internet was good, i didnt use the pool so i am unable to comment on this. Cleaning staff were friendly and efficient as were the front desk staff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The location is great but the hotel is old. Eventhough it's old, the bed is amazingly comfortable. Bedroom is also spacious. Bathroom is not so clean as you may find a lot of stain and fungus in the bathroom. Breakfast range is limited. Average hotel. They should refurbish the hotel. Another thing to be improved is the security staff attitude.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2013

There was already a long queue when we checked in at 4 pm. It was an excruciating long wait as there was only one receptionist working. Even when guests started complaining, he had the cheek to answer back rudely "so what, I don't care !". This is simply not the way to treat guests. The rooms had their wallpaper peeling away and there was this kind of smell of the carpet being soaked wet for ages ! Just to validate your car park ticket is a hassle... You have to queue in together with other guests who are checking in to the hotel. I was "lectured" by the rude front line staff..."you don't know how to queue up". They should have a special counter....how long does it take to validate a car park ticket? With such rude staff, this could possibly be the last time I am staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Lisalam88
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Good location. But terrible service and long wait, severely understaffed even at the reception. Waited 45mins at the front desk to check in. When it's finally my turn, the staff told us to wait another 2 hours before using our rooms, even though it was already 3pm local time and check-in to new rooms starts at 2pm.
Receptionist told us both my rooms are nearby and side-by-side, but in reality, they were on opposite ends of the corridor, many rooms apart. When we went down again to verify about this, the receptionist told us in a nonchalant and arrogant attitude: "so what do you want me to do now?"
Room condition was appalling as well. Both rooms given to us had severely scratched door peepholes, which meant we couldn't check who was knocking on our door from inside.
But, across the entire floor, there are no doorbells for any rooms at all, which is disappointing because that can be said to be a basic feature, especially for those ordering room service without posing a security threat to anyone.
One more problem: one of our rooms have a misaligned bathroom door, which meant that if you force shut it when you're taking a bath, you'll be spending 5mins of your time trying to yank open the door.
Morning breakfast was pathetic too. Lack of variety and taste; many patrons had to queue for scrambled eggs and roti canai instead. Plus the attendants took ages to refill the dishes at the counter.
I stayed at Royale Bintang thrice over the past 10 years, and the only reason why I booked this hotel again this time round, was because of the excellent quality service I received during my last stay 3 years ago. I'm terribly disappointed to see that the standards have dropped to these atrocious levels, and seriously, something needs to be looked into, straight from the management level and downwards. I'm sad to say, but this will be my last stay here in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank kwokcy1993
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler to KL. The location is good, the facilities average, but the front-line staff, worst! Too few staff to handle the guests. Waiting in queue for much longer than it should take. Even to validate your parking coupon or to validate room keys (most of the time my room keys doesn't work when I leave the room), you still need to wait in the long queue. No more such hassle for me. Stay elsewhere nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business