1,195 results
All reviews jalan alor low yat plaza walking distance berjaya times square hotel is in a great location breakfast was included twin towers kl tower shopping monorail petronas
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Where to start?! Stood in line at the check-in counter for half an hour at 3pm. Tried to check in. Was told my room wasn't ready, come back in 1 hour. I came back at 5pm - still wasn't ready. Waiting ages in line again! They finally gave me a card for a different room - I went up only to find I was IN SOMEONE ELSES ROOM! Their valuables were out, clothes, electronics etc. I immediately backed out of the room and went back to reception to wait in line AGAIN only to face the girl at the counter who COMPLETELY ignored me when I told her what had happened. By this time it was 5:30. I had a meeting to get to at 6.

The utter lack of caring by the staff really let this hotel down. Not just me either - plenty of other guests were complaining they had to wait to check in too. I'm normally a very patient person but the staff here seriously pissed everyone off.

Room was okay, reasonably clean. Uncomfortable beds though. The only thing this place has going for it is the location. Will NEVER be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
13  Thank Elisemt
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can start with the positives, comfy rooms, great location and good breakfast but that is where it stops. Customer service was zero! When we first arrived we were sent to our room to find it dirty ie wet towel on the floor, rubbish and dirty ashtray and bedside table. I complained at reception ( had to go down as phone didn't work). Was given another room, no assistance, found it was non smoking when smoking was requested. Finally given another room, again no assistance with bags etc. On the 3rd day noticed an incredibly strong kerosene smell in corridor and room. Despite repeated complaints this was not addressed and am still waiting to be moved the following day. Was told to spray perfume! Wifi worked but constantly had to log in and had to go to reception to have the key card reactivated every time we left the hotel. We would never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ttrreexx
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights on a guys weekend away with friends. The location is super. Close enough to a mono rail to even take the train from the airport. Short walk from the shopping attractions in the Bintang area.
The lobby area looks really new, posh and clean, the check in staff were very friendly and helpful.The facade is however lifted when you go upstairs, as the biggest drawback was the conditions of the rooms. The carpets were stained and worn, the phone, safe and shower did not work. Although the latter three were quickly fixed when we called housekeeping, the last thing you want to do when you check in after a long flight is to do a full inspection of the room.
Beware of the cabbies around, against the advice of the front desk to negotiate fares before getting in, I got the doorman to get me one willing to run on the meter to take me back to the airport as it was a long journey. Big mistake, I think the meter was rigged as it came to twice the guide price!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank shaariq
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were accomodated on Level 8. The Room was very convenient and large, but was very noisy during the day due to construction going on opposite the hotel.The Room was clean and tidy although the carpets had a couple of stains. Air-con was good. Front desk staff were good and helpful at Check-in although check-out took unusually long time and the girl there wouldn't return a balance of RM 6 to me stating that I should produce the original receipt. I could'nt bother about that. It sounded very silly to me though as we were rushing to get in to our taxi to go to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors - non-smoking ones were good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellerPorirua
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Royale Bintang. The Location is very good. But rooms are old, and small. View is of construction sites. Breakfast has almost nothing vegetarian. Overall poor. Reception was good and cooperative.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business