1,192 results
All reviewsjalan alorlow yat plazawalking distanceberjaya times squarehotel is in a great locationbreakfast was includedtwin towerskl towershoppingmonorailpetronas
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the royal bintang for 2 nights me and my daughter, on arrival to the hotel, first impression staff were very rude booking us in did not even get a hello a welcome nothing the reception looks great -then when you get to your room we were put down the very back of the hotel we did not feel safe the room was very very out dated and depressing and needed a good scrub old curtains,old linen ,old blankets and covers on bed ,dirty carpet and the odour of the room was terrible so my daughter and I spent most of the time away from the hotel was really a terrible experience and KL will never see my face again not recommended

Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank KeljayB
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel room is quiet dated, simple and small, but it's clean. Some rooms with twin towers view only. The swimming pool is small, gym is small but the equipment is quite adequate. No sauna or steam. The buffet breakfast is just simple not so tasty, there are plenty of places to eat surrounded the hotel, better choose room without breakfast. We have stayed quite a number of times in this hotel, but found that the hotel do not update to be better, but stepping backward. Compare the facilities and the level of comfort, it's overpriced. It's location is a bit further at the edge of bukit bintang area. There are many other good hotels with similar price around the area, just try to look for other better one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lousy experience. It be rated as 3 star; other than the beds are clean, the amenities are poorly maintained. When I asked for extra pillows on first night, it wasn't delivered. I asked again the second day, it wasn't delivered too and no follow up from there! The breakfast buffet was lousy, food are cold too and coffee was diluted. The service crew were not proactive in cleaning and clearing the tables until I have to request for their assistance to clear a space for me.
Location was not exactly conducive for families I children. Lots of touting and places look sleazy around this area

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jojo0072
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed on several occasions ten days apart and the accommodation varied quite a bit. The first room was fairly spacious and comfortable and overlooked the PETRONAS Towers; the second was cramped, dirty. overlooked a very run down residential complex and had a rather high combined bath/shower which was difficult for me to use without assistance as I had injured my knee. The staff did change the room when this was reported to them. The hotel in general is very dated, shabby and in need of major refurbishment such as wallpaper removal, carpet renewal (there were stains in many places particularly in the hallways). Our bathroom shower leaked and the bathmat was saturated each time we showered. The room which we were moved from also had what appeared to be a rising damp problem in the wall which was suffering from mould as well. On the positive note the beds were extremely comfortable, the pool though small is clean and refreshing, the gym is well-equipped and the location of the hotel is exceptionally good. It is close to a number of shopping malls, the technology/IT gadget mall, a range of affordable restaurants and the monorail. I would rate the location as four star however the hotel and rooms in general are two and a half star.perhaps three star at a stretch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the PETRONAS towers and not looking over the pool at the low income residential complex.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diana J
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a stop over whilst travelling and was disappointed.

The hotel is in a great location but is over an hour and a half drive from the airport (due to distance and traffic). So perfect if you are staying in the city or have adequate time on a stop over (which I didn't).

The main hotel areas are all clean and my room and bathroom were clean and well presented. Also I loved the view from my window on the 12th floor.

The included breakfast was decent quality with loads of choice and plenty to go around as the numerous staff were constantly refilling everything.

The major let down was with the reception staff. I arrived late and was desperate to check in to my room. I waited patiently and was consistently ignored by the 3-6 members of staff who were behind the desk. They all seemed extremely stressed and this was evidently effecting the level of customer care they were able to give. There appeared to be some sort of technical problem which is out with their control but this should never be taken out on customers. Simply being ignored is always going to cause upset. When I was finally served everything took ages and there were more technical problems. I felt sorry for the stressed out staff but at the same time I think that staff should be able to better cope with the pressures of their job and it shouldn't be made into the paying customers problem. I was made to feel like I was causing them more angst by simply wanting to check in.....

Once I was finally in my room I phoned reception 3 times asking to borrow a few items. I was told they would be brought to my room. Again I waited patiently but the items never materialised so I went out and bought them at 1am. Thank goodness for the great location and close proximity to lots of late night shops!!

Id like to think I was unlucky with reception but won't bother chancing it again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo