“It's OK, nothing else excels”

Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang
Ranked #216 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Bangkok, Thailand
“It's OK, nothing else excels”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is located at a strategic location situated at the end of happening Bukit Bintang road and in actual fact you can get food, transportation, shopping and everything you need with 100% ease.

Service is general as well as the breakfast, to summarize these 2 areas are OK, not bad, not excellent.

The room is quite comfortable to stay though and you basically get everything you deserved from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Location is v good as its right in the middle of shopping district.
Few hotels along the same stretch.
Alot of foot massage shops along the way to n fro.
Convenience shops is just opposite.
The famous jalan alor street food is just across.
Shopping malls such as berjaya time square is within walking distance.
However the traffic along the stretch of road infront of the hotel is always congested.
Rooms are good and comfortable.
Overall I will return again due to the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danzgir07
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Omg i still can not belive, it took us 1hour to find a house keeping to clean the pee marks and dirty towels from previous person who stayed in the room.. i called the reception 4 times and scream to them but they were talking to me like joking with me.. no respect at all.. rooms are small and dirty.. i agree with all the negative comments below.. shortly stay away..

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank ufuk v

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms & facilities are amazing! (The hotel bar is v nice) Very clean hotel & the hotel staff are friendly & efficient. The downside is the surrounding area is a dive!, so ensure you get taxi to your destinations from hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Reed Creek, Gold Coast
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Over my lifetime I gave travelled far and wide, but recently I've just honeymooned for 4 weeks with my new wife. We did a stop over in KL on our outward trip but at a different hotel. We went to UK, France, Greece and two of it's islands, Paros and Santorini, Istanbul and a final stopover at this hotel. I can honestly say that all the places that we stayed at, this was by far the worst place. In fact, it's the worst place I've ever been to.
We arrived at the hotel at 8am after an overnight flight. I personally can't sleep on planes, so was extremely tired and told at reception that our room wouldn't be ready until 2pm. A 6 hour wait! They said that when one was available and cleaned then we could have a room. Too tired to do anything, we sat in the foyer and waited. From the moment we sat down, I noticed people checking out, so thought it wouldn't be too long. BUT then people would arrive and would be given a room immediately. After my wife said we wanted our money back to go elsewhere we were finally given a room at 11am.
We went up, got undressed, into bed and was fast asleep in no time. Only to be woken up by someone who opened the door, looked at us and then proceeded to have a conversation with someone who out of sight. Had to throw a few 'F' words at him to shut the door.
In the afternoon I asked at reception if we could have an early breakfast as we were leaving at 6.30am and the restaurant opened at that time. She said I need not worry, because it was Ramadam and the restaurant would be open from 4am. So we went down at 5.40am only to find it was shut from 5.30am until 6.30am, which the receptist didn't inform us about. I went into the restaurant and explained the situation and was told that I could only eat if I was a Muslim! I lost my temper and a few more 'F' words and all of a sudden we were allowed to have breakfast.
Summary is that the service us diabolical and I would never go here again. But for those of you that do, get angry, use the 'F' a lot and you'll get what you want

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Paul C
GAIARINE
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can’t say that this hotel deserves the 4 star. The room was very basic and didn’t look very clean. Breakfast was the poorest I ever seen, the strawberry jam looked as ketchup!! Anyway we didn’t pay a lot so I guess you get what you pay, but from a 4 star I would have expected more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DEBORAH C
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and wife stayed there for 3 days, the rooms are pretty neat and have really great view of twin towers,food is average and the service is also ok.its best situated at the main electronic shopping area in kl, it's also near to the mono rail, so transportation is not much a problem, it has got good eating place nearby also.

• Stayed November 2012