We booked a Superior room but was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a Deluxe room. We had been to KL many times and Royale Bintang has always been one of our choice hotels mainly for the following reasons:
(1) we drive & so it is very important that the hotel provides secured basement parking (and not roadside parking). The basement carpark of this hotel has ample lots and we always feel secured knowing that there is a security guard & exit is via showing the entrance ticket;
(2) the room rate, though not that cheap, is considered reasonable considering its location;
(3) it is within walking distance to all the major shopping malls in Bukit Bintang such as Lot10, Pavillion, Sungei Wang, Berjaya Square. There are cheap and good roadside hawkers and restaurants along Jalan Alor and Jalan Tong Shin
Deluxe room is quite spacious with a couch and a king-size bed & LCD TV. It comes with free Wi-Fi although we had problem connecting to the network. Room and toilet are clean. Free coffee/tea making facilities.
What we feel the hotel needs to improve is the efficiency level of its counter staff. We arrived at the hotel just past 12pm and was told the room was not ready. We were told to return around 3pm. We went for our lunch and a little shopping and returned around 4pm. At that time, there were probably around 6-8 hotel guests (including me) waiting to be served, with 3 counter staff behind the counter. I had to wait for close to 20 mins before I was served and given the room. At that point in time, the number of guests had swelled to around 15-17 and the number of counter staff was 6. Apparently some hotel guests were not very pleased with the wait with 1 guest raising his voice.
Anyway, minus the slow and inefficient service, we will definitely still consider to stay at Royale Bintang for its good location, comfortable/clean room and secured parking.
We booked the room through Expedia (without breakfast) and hence we couldn't comment on the breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang (formerly known as The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur) is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. Our location is within a short walking distance of the monorail stations and major shopping centers including Sg. Wang Plaza, Times Square, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, Pavilion and the entertainment hub along the famous Bintang Walk. With a choice of Superior or Deluxe rooms, Executive Suites and The Royale Suite, each guest room has individually controlled air conditioning, telephone with voicemail, hairdryer, remote controlled TV with BBC cable services, coffee and tea making facilities, personal safe as well as broadband internet access to our Club floors. The hotel’s Executive Floors consist of the Royale Club rooms, Deluxe Club rooms, Executive Suites and Royale Suite. Privileges include continental breakfast, evening refreshments and all-day coffee and tea served at The Royale Club Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Bintang Hotel