“Fairly good hotel”

Ranked #216 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fairly good hotel”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for 1 night and honestly I could not comment that much because
one night and most of the time I was not in the hotel.. I just sleep and take a bath there.
I have a lovely breakfast there too.. I will come to that...

I was greeted by polite receptionist and gave me a superior room on a non smoking area.
My first impression of the hotel is put my hand on my cheeks and said "oh what a cozy looking room!"

Ok , maybe I am exaggerating.. but it was a very cozy looking room. A queen bed and mattress that any princess would love to sleep on without having to wake up too early in the morning. Alas, I am just a normal peasant that very happy to pay for my cozy room for the night.

It was clean room with a very clean bathroom, though the furniture could do some refurnished, but it was great stay... Too bad I was sooooo tired and skip the bath tub soaking... yes they have a bath tub! yoohoo!

After a fun night at KL, I retreat in my room sleeping good and comfortably until morning and had a decent and fulfilling breakfast which I had a very early breakfast, because I was alone and I hate to wait in que for my toast breads.

They have variety of foods.. basic but very nice! I wouldn't mind to have any round of breakfast there ^_^

The location was very good. Near to shopping malls and public transports, Monorail and Pudu transits.

I will definitely will book a night again with this hotel and this time, I will make sure I will try their In House Dine-In.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
INVERCARGILL
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here 7 nights in March this year. The room was dated, but fairly roomy and light.One plus was that we had a king sized bed! The bathroom did need some repairs, things that were more annoying than anything. The one big downside and disappointment for us was that our room looked over a building site and they worked there often at night. Both of us had two nights where we virtually had no sleep, with a constant banging. I realise that this was not the Hotel's fault but my advice is to check the location of the room avoiding this part of the hotel. The breakfast was very good with a huge variety of food and we found the tables cleared frequently. The pool area was a great plus. The pool itself was lovely and plenty of areas to sit or lie back and relax. Just a very short walk to huge Malls and many fabulous restaurants. I recommend the Irish Bar on the corner. They have fabulous meals at very reasonable prices. On reading another review I was horrified to read of the "so called" dishonesty of employees. We truly could not speak highly enough of the housekeepers, lobby attendants and restaurant staff we encountered. Always friendly with a welcoming greeting. I would be happy to book into here again on our next visit to Kuala Lumpur. Will always remember walking along the street at night and amazed at all the activity. Next time I will make sure I get a room away from the noise, though.

Room Tip: Away from the building site!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 50plusInvercargill
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is a decent place to stay in albeit really outdate and even has a weird smell. Close proximity to shopping centers and good restaurants. However, to anyone of you planning to stay in this hotel, I'm warning you to look after your belongings! My friend returned to our room after a whole day tour to find our vault OPEN! Luckily, nothing was taken.

What's worse when we checked out, I realized that I left my bag at our room, mind you this happened minutes apart, and so I immediately rushed to our room to retrieve it. When I reached our room a housekeeping lady already had my bag in her trolley. Which was odd but she returned it to me with a smile on her face.

We then left our bag at the lobby at the care the lobby attendants. When we returned after our half day city tour, I checked my bag only to see all the make-up I bought from Sephora are gone!

I immediately went to the receptionist to complain but they didn't seem to do anything. I then had no choice but to leave as my airport transfer has already arrived.

And so let this be a lesson. Always lock your belongings in your luggage! And don't trust any employee in this hotel. Specially the housekeeping team!

I'll never check in in this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paris D

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Guwahati
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nightson the 15th and 16th of April. The experience was great, efficient check-in and very helpful staff. The location of the hotel is very covenient for shopping, relaxing with the Spas and food at the nearby food street. Also one gets a very good view of the Petronas Tower from the room. Would recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Sudhir S
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Although in a great spot my overall experience was average. The room we found to be clean and comfortable. However the walls and carpet in the corridors were rather grotty and the general look of the hotel could be updated. Breakfast was decent enough, except the tables were very slow to be cleared and no food was restocked during our sitting. Was rather disappointed & annoyed that we did not recieve the wake up call we requested, the staff did not seem to care when I questioned it. Overall average hotel in good location. Probably wouldn't bother staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Very central, close to malls, bars etc. Room was nicely furnished however there was no clock in the room and we did not recieve the wake up call we requested in the morning. Staff were friendly and polite. Overall image of hotels needs improvement the carpets and walls in the corridors looked quite grotty. Breakfast was decent enough, although tables were not cleared and food was not restocked during our sitting. I dont think I would stay here again.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The mattres is old not sturdy at all, the room looked very tired and the couches where the same.

The service in the reception was good however the room service people need some training on responce time.

the buffet breaky needs some variety on a daily basis, th same food every day!!!.

Overall i found the hotel to be friendly and quite and i would stay there again, but plse correct the suggested items above.

Regards
Isa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com