We stayed during the New Year peak time and the service at the hotel was atrocious. The wait for check-in took 30 minutes and the check-in was slow and impersonal and the staff were trying best they could to deal with the large number of people trying to check-in but weren't coping well.
The carpet and wallpaper in the common hallways were stained and rubbish (like cigarette butts) was on the floor and some sections smelt musty and old.
Our room was tired and dated with stained walls and bed head, old furniture and filthy windows. Thankfully the beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean. The wifi was frustrating as you had to continually log-in and each day get a new password from reception.
Breakfast was a disaster. A huge line up each morning for a table, not enough staff, dirty tables, constantly out of food as they were not able to keep up the rate it was consumed. We actually dined out on our last day as the lineup was so long.
The hotel is in serious need of a refurbishment and additional staff. The staff are not friendly but it's not surprising as they cannot do their jobs properly.
It's certainly not good value and its not four star. I would suggest staying across the road at Sky Hotel for half the price, which is where we moved to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang (formerly known as The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur) is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. Our location is within a short walking distance of the monorail stations and major shopping centers including Sg. Wang Plaza, Times Square, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, Pavilion and the entertainment hub along the famous Bintang Walk. With a choice of Superior or Deluxe rooms, Executive Suites and The Royale Suite, each guest room has individually controlled air conditioning, telephone with voicemail, hairdryer, remote controlled TV with BBC cable services, coffee and tea making facilities, personal safe as well as broadband internet access to our Club floors. The hotel’s Executive Floors consist of the Royale Club rooms, Deluxe Club rooms, Executive Suites and Royale Suite. Privileges include continental breakfast, evening refreshments and all-day coffee and tea served at The Royale Club Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur
- Royale Bintang Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Bintang Hotel