“Budget hotel with great location but very poor amenities and service”

Bintang Warisan Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #94 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is our second time in this hotel. I booked the hotel because it is within the places that we want to visit in Malaysia and it is fairly cheap compared to other average hotels along Bukit Bintang. When I made the reservation online, I asked for a room with a view preferably in 7th flr and above because the street below is so busy, you can't really fall asleep. But when we got there and ask if we could check-in early, the staff coldly reply that it is not possible and continue to pick on his phone totally ignoring us. When finally it is time for us to go to our room, they gave us a room in 3rd flr with no view but a crappy street.
Pro:
1. Cost is fairly cheap compared to other average hotels in Bukit Bintang.
2. Near shopping malls, KL tower and other places to visit in Malaysia.
Cons:
1. Wifi is ONLY accessible in the lobby. There's no wifi signal in the room.
2. Breakfast is mediocre. They always ran out of congee even if you're the first person to get down for breakfast.
3. Service is lame but they are cheerful to Chinese visitors.
4. Furniture and beddings are old.
5. Our room has an old tv set with only 4 channels (only HBO is watchable, other channels are in Malay).
6. No fridge.
7. The noise from the busy streets below can be heard even on the 3rd floor at wee hours of the night. Not very good when you want to relax and sleep after a day of shopping and discovering Malaysia.

If you have extra money, look for another budget-friendly and modern hotel. I would NEVER recommend and stay at this hotel ever again unless they improve their service, rooms and facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in 7th floor and up. This will make sure you'll get a good view of the KL twin to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonny_Beauteous

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Great location close to monorail being just around the corner, so you can easily get anywhere by train. Massage street directly opposite so you can easily duck in to get cheap massage after your day/night out, which is what we did : ) Also, 7/11 just across the road too, and Jalan Alor (cheap food markets street) just a street over. Great for cheap nights out. I would recommend china town for good markets too.

The hotel itself is budget, but we expected that for what we paid, which was around $50 AUD a night. The bathroom was small, and could have been cleaner but it was still ok. Also, it didn't have a bar fridge, which I think is something every traveller needs, so that was a negative. BUT, it did have air con, TV, breakfast included with a decent range to choose from (not buffet, you selected from menu).

Overall, I would stay here again for the price we paid. Good, simple cheap place with excellent location. Great for budget travelers who prefer good location (like my partner and I)
: )

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Good location, within the KL golden triangle where there are numerous shopping centres and eateries. They also provide hot and cold drinking water on each floor. Hotel and room are Clean although a bit old. Reasonably priced with simple breakfast.

Beware of taxi drivers propose to bring you to some leather and chocolate "factories" free of extra charge. You may end up buying something you do not need and at high price.

1  Thank HYChan
Reviewed December 26, 2013

When I & my family went to Kuala Lumpur, the 1st hotel we want to stay is Bintang Warisan Hotel. Very suitable for family and very near to the shopping mall. The service is very good and the room is clean.

1  Thank Mohamad Azmi B
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It is always my favourite hotel to stay whenever we travelled to Kuala Lumpur. As always, it comes with free breakfast and is only RM 168 for a twin bed room. Some part of hotel have been renovated. Breakfast forever same, however it is a value added free breakfast, no complaint fort that.

Room Tip: Must book earlier since the hotel is always full.
2  Thank Eddie_Yeo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hi-this is for all viewers of trip advisor visiting KL -hope you find it helpful.
Visited mid Nov 2013 as a couple for 2 nights, hotel booked through agoda.com. The hotel is in Bukit Bintang -a famous area in KL for shopping and activity. The transport cost RM18 per head from the LCCT Terminal in a so called super shuttle service (unhelpful staff and price is steep, as KL Sentral is for RM9, and you can take the LRT for RM2 each from there if travelling light).
Back to the main review: arrived 5pm Friday and was in for the first shock: "the internet is not working for the past 2 days, and cannot say when it would be working". I had requested for a higher floor with a view of Petronas tower, which was honored with room 801 8th floor and a fair view. The room we booked was of the "Standard" category, reasonably sized, clean in appearance, no in house safe provided in the room, tea/coffee with kettle provided, bed was comfortable, bathroom had a small cubicle for shower(yes- the water will spill out, but very good water pressure). The good part of the hotel is that there was a water machine on our floor for hot and cold drinking water, which normally other hotels give 2 small bottles only. The location is good as there is activity for shoppers as Sungei Wang(clothes), Jalan Alor(food) and Low Yat Plaza(computers) are within walking distance, so are other shops, foot massage, money changers, etc. The breakfast is an average set breakfast consisting of English(eggs, a sausage,juice, coffee) or Malaysian(various), for which I had a dispute on the first morning, as the waitress said we cannot have one of each between the 2 of us, to which I summoned the front desk, and God bless the lady behind the front desk counter, who came personally and resolved the issue(very helpful lady). The internet issue was never resolved for the 2 days despite requests during the time we stayed(had to visit an internet cafe for the same), which spoiled the plans of booking petronas towers visit online in time for the weekend and any other work. On the day of checkout, I received a call from the reception saying "Boss, I hope you know it's checkout for you today!"

Overall, we had a good night's sleep and the location was central, but cannot handle the other issues. I moved to the Sentral area over the remaining two days, which was part of my plan and I'll review that hotel shortly as well. Hope you do not put up with any such issues. "Happy staying!"

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors always.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel during my last 2 holiday visit with my family in KL.What I like most about this hotel is the location.It's located in the middle of the most bukit Buking where everything is only walking distance from this hotel.This hotel also had exceeded our expectation in term of it's cleanliness.Breakfast is just OK.What you expect from a budget hotel.Very easy to get taxi and nearby KL monorail.I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family