“Attentive staff”
Review of Swiss-Garden Hotel

Swiss-Garden Hotel
Ranked #86 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When we arrived in our room it stank of chemical/paint fumes, contacted the concierge immediately and were changed straight away.
The bathroom flooded daily, I left a repair card that went unnoticed but informed staff on checkout. Safe in room broke but was fixed with a quick battery change???
The pool freezing and quite small.
Fair location, easy walk to China town.
Breakfast has large variety.
Entrance key for our room stop functioning on the first day, sometimes it felt like we were an inconvenience when dealing with the concierge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim K

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel couple of times and found a nice hotel for family and business trip. Location is good, rooms are clean and comfortable. Decent breakfast. Bad part is price may be 10-15% high. And hotel swimming pool is not good, however there is a swimming pool in the residence.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MNSalehin
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for just a quick break from work at Singapore. The hotel is quite fine for a staycation or a quick break from the city. The place is near Berjaya Square and a lot more of shopping centers. Also, the Food Center they call as “Chinatown” or Alor Street is just walking distance and the variety of foods are just countless and the few pubs for drinks and spa salons are just everywhere. It’s near with everything. The hotel went beyond my expectations. As I was just expecting a budget hotel experience, well it wasn’t. I commend the staff for being polite and cheerful as we see smiles as we check-in. The lobby is pleasing enough upon arrival. The front desk officers, concierges and porters are prompt and attentive enough to provide service. The room is fairly spacious, the toilet was quite small, and amenities weren’t enough. The room was fine but just to comment on few things that I have noticed: the curtains have a few cigarette burns, and it doesn’t close fully as it disturbs us in the morning as the sun rays just stray through; lightings are fine; bathroom is clean enough but the tub is not quite so; water flush was weak at our room; hot water for the shower is quite difficult to control, cold at first but surprisingly will instantly be hot until you temper it eventually. These are just few things that can be rectified. I just can’t remember the room number to be specific of the room. For breakfast, the staff at the entrance is just welcoming. The food was fine and of few varieties. Furthermore, the pool area is so small, as well as the gym but to kill time is fine. The staff, above all are friendly and attentive from arrival till departure. Rooms and service are of average.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula Marie G
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Check in process: Was slow & we did request an early check in. We extremly jet lagged from our plane trip & all we wanted was to rest. However the front desk lady (Amy) told us we had to wait 2 hours for our room to be ready. we were a married couple & she offered us two single bed to start off without giving us an options for our bed when our booking clearly stated we wanted a double bed or queen bed. After that she didnt had a system of how she would inform us when the room was ready & we were just kept waiting. Nevertheless went we got to our room we just crashed as we were so tired. The bed and pillows were just average in comfort.

Location: There was alot construction going on so it was always an effort to cross the road and we could hear noise from our bedroom. I love that its walking distance to the main city shopping area & lots of great places go eat.

Restaurant: we went to have breakfast before our check in. I would say food is average however service is amazing. the waiter and waitress cleared the dishes so quickly.

Bar: Its so quiet & i can understand why, cuz drinks are quite expensive for a four star hotel. The barman has no knowledge in his cocktail. Firstly went i was giving him my order there was no eye contact, he was looking at the tv screen which was playing soccer. (errrr.. we were his only guest there that night) he had to use an iphone to google the recipe. (understandable every bar person does it once in awhile) But he still got it wrong, we ordered. long island ice tea & mai tai (it was not was its meant to taste like esp When i am bar person myself) Highly do not recomend going to the bar except if u are desperate for a beer. i do not recomend drinking their wine or cocktail.

Room service: i thought it was quite hillarious when i wanted to order a hot green tea to be sent to my room. the restaurant told me that in room service they only serve it in a plastic cup!!!! ermm??? what!!! for 12RM!!! reallyyyy?? hot drink in a plastic cup? i dont get it.

Check out process: We went down to find out the checking procedures as we had to leave early. It was uninformative & staff were not attentive. (it was another girl)

I wouldnt recomend staying here. There were much better hotels around.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

3 of my working Colleges & I were at this Hotel in 2002 when we were taking part in the 1st ever Tea & Coffee world cup exhibition . The 5 days were very stressful at the exhibition & we wanted to relax. The breakfast was fantastic & the menu suited us. The rates were very reasonable & we used the pool only at night when it was quite. The room service was prompt. The staff were Courteous & Helpful . The shopping in the area was not all that great but enjoyed the street life in the night with the live shows. The train station nearby was a bonus for us to be away from the day traffic rush. All in all it was a nice & memorable stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A last minute trip to KL, my favorite hotel in KL was fully booked. I tried Swiss Garden Hotel for a night stay.
The room are nice and since I had a high floor, the traffic noise wasn't a bother.
Morning's breakfast buffet is the standard fare and nothing special to differentiate. I wish hotel managements in KL would think of ways to making their breakfast different from each other.
The hotel is right along Jalan Pudu and there are few eateries around the corner. Took me about 10 mins walking around the corner to a local coffee shop. And getting to the busy Bukit Bintang or KLCC area, you will need to hail a cab and brave KL's notorious traffic jam.
Overall, the hotel is nice but it could do with a bit of upgrading as I feel the hotel could do with a bit of sprucing up.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
rahman2, Manager at Swiss-Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Mr. James,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your constructive comments about your overall stay experience. Thanks for sharing your feedback in regards to the buffet breakfast items variety. My Chef has been acknowledged about improving needed. And we will also certainly take note on the room condition. For info the ground work on the room refurbishment project is already in the pipeline.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Abd Rahman Ahmad
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Really disgusting : pillow and bedding in general, toilet and floor also are dirty and grotty
Very disappointed, doesn't worth the price paid, and it supposed to be an 4 stars hotel !!!! it's really a shame...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sajo,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences. I am very sorry to hear about your discomfort experience with the room condition and we truly appreciate your constructive comments. For info we endlessly working towards improving our products and services hence I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at my email address, hm_sgr@swissgarden.com . I basically need your help in providing a bit more information on your experience with our room. Sincerely, I wish that we could have address the issues highlighted while you are still in house.

Once again, thank you for your time. I sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity in future and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,