“Has a very small pool.”

Ranked #29 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sydney
“Has a very small pool.”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

The Westin Hotel in KL Is a smallish hotel with a very small pool. The executive club has a small choice of breakfast. It is a very good place for familes but service isn't great. Nice staff and average rooms.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Do stay with us again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Kim Powley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Western Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2010

A warm welcome at check in, absolute co-operation with request for adjoining rooms, non smoking level. Rooms are generous and engaging and are kept modern, crisp and clean.. Where possible we will always stay at the Westin Hotels throughout Australia and definitely when we travel overseas.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RILEY00
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 11, 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We rhank you for staying with us and it is indeed a delight to hear you had a renewing experience.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This place is amazing. Massive rooms, beautifully decorated, helpful staff in a central location. The price is your choice but it is well worth it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SirEdthe1st
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 3, 2010
Warm Greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for your support and we are delighted to hear you had a renewing experience.

All of us here look forward to your return should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Best wishes and Happy New Year

Cape Town
Reviewed January 1, 2010

The executive apartments were spacious, comfortable and very much like a home. The breakfast was fantastic. There was a huge variety of different foods. The service and friendliness of staff was great. We felt very comfortable staying there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for your support and delighted to hear you had a renewing experience .

Look forward to welcoming you again whenever travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Best wishes and Happy New Year

Brisbane
Reviewed January 1, 2010

My husband and I with our 2 year old daughter stayed 5 nights in Nov '08.
Check in was a bit of a problem as they couldn't find my booking as I booked through Expedia. They sat us down and sorted it out but it took a good 20 minutes. Luckily I had a copy of my booking to show them.
The room had a city view overlooking the pool. Big bathrooms with seperate shower and bath. I did have to call housekeeping straight away to come and clean the bath and the walls above it. It had dried up tissues stuck to the walls and the bath. Pretty slack for a 5 star hotel.
As my husband was unfortunatley sick with the flu while we were there then my daughter, we spent a fair amount of time in the room. The beds were actually too soft for our liking with too many layers on top, but that's just personal taste.
The room was large enough for the 3 or us, a nice minibar/fridge area and lounge next to the window. The condition of the room was very good as well.
Room service is usually pricey but here it was very expensive. Thankfully the Pavillion is literally across the road and has a great food hall and a huge variety of choices at cheap prices. A funny feeling having the doorman open the entrance doors to the hotel for you while you are bringing in KFC to take up to the room.

Staff were attentive and helpful for information when asked at the conceirge desk. I took my daughter to the kids club a couple of times and stayed with her. Plenty to do in there but aimed at more 10 years and younger I'd say. Very clean but you wouldn't want more than a dozen kids in there due to the size of it.

Spent a few hours by the pool. Noisy due to air conditioners running in buildings next door. But a bit of an oasis otherwise. Had a childrens pool which was good for us.
As we had a late flight on check out, we got to stay a few hours extra in our room then they stored our luggage and we stayed around the pool for the afternoon.
Also we couldn't find my daughters doll once we had check out of the room. The staff were great in trying to locate it, contacting housekeeping to see if they had it, taking me up to the room and then finding it on top of our stored luggage.

Now breakfasts were amazing. Everything you could think of and then more. Virgin marys and fresh squeezed juice. Nothing was too much for the staff to do for you. Being a muslim country only turkey bacon but there is so much to choose from it doesn't matter. Little sections for different foods such as indian, japenese, malyasian, english with staff cooking on the spot what you wanted. Then the bakery section was just sublime. Fresh pancakes, waffles, smoothies made to order. Pastries galore to chose from.
My husband was too sick to appreciate the food and wants to go back no matter the cost just to eat the breakfasts.

Check out was fine but on returning home found my credit card was later charged around $50. On emailing the reply was a charge for mini bar which we did not use. Husband was too sick and I had my own drinks. On explaining this they refunded the money but due to exchange rates fluctating I was out about $10.00 once completed and being charged bank fee. So I'm a bit concerned on what the housekeeping staff are doing.

Other than the check in and mini bar charge we really enjoyed this hotel. Location is great for shopping which is really what KL is all about anyway.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank happyonhoildays
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We visited KL right before Christmas with our 3 children, we decided to stay on the club level as the rooms were a little bigger. We were not dissapointed. The staff at the Club went out of there way to accomodate our needs. We booked all of our daily tours and outings with this group and were very happy with their suggestions. We had two rooms as we had 2 additional family members in our group and the rooms were great size to accomodate our bigger family. I would definitly stay at the Westin KL on a return visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Zurich
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I was expecting a lot more from this hotel as it came highly recommended. I have mixed feelings about my stay. The hotel staff were certainly very polite and helpful, although I was a bit dissapointed to receive an email a few days before my stay informing me of closure of the pool and spa area during my visit. As a compensation, hotel guests were allowed to use the pool at the Marriot next door but I felt a bit like an illegal immigrant sneaking over the boarder when I did that. They informed me quite abruptly that I was only allowed to use the pool when I got there and I felt that i might get a telling off if I was caught spying through at the facilities their hotel guests were enjoying.
In addition to this I ate breakfast in the hotel once which was quite dissapointing. The quality was not great and the waiter seemed more confused than me by the menu.
On the plus side, the cigar lounge is nice and relaxing with very friendly staff and the hotel bar was quite lively with a Cuban band playing while I was there.

The main plus for me was the location, but saying that there are plenty of other options in this area. Overally I wouldn't stay in the Westin if I returned to KL as I think there are far better options for the price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 20, 2009
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unavailability of the pool during your stay. We hope you understand that it is imperative to get the it fixed.

We hope you would give us an opportunity to make amends and let us welcome you back.