“Awesome Hotel”

The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #24 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Amazing hotel!!! The hotel location is amazing located near a lot of great shopping places. The rooms are out of the world, a very very comfortable bed and very spacious. In terms of amenities, the hotel is again very good. All in all a fantastic place to spend a vacation

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share with us your experience.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kim Powley

Write a ReviewReviews (2,676)

Reviewed December 4, 2009

I stayed here in November 09 and kept saying to my colleagues what a good hotel it was. It was crisply run and the staff were excellent. They all nodded and smiled as I moved about and the service was prompt and very good.

I loved the 'living room' concept for breakfast dining and the choice of offerings was most impressive. I also particularly enjoyed the local food offerings - when in Rome etc and they were delicious.

My Heavenly Bed was just that! My room was a good size and very confortable and extremely quiet and the Internet worked really easily - so very, very important for business travellers. The iron was also good, which was another big plus. (If there is anything I hate it's hotels which put crappy irons in rooms to force you to use the hotel laundry service. Grrr! So full marks to th Westin for good irons!).

I also liked the attention to detail in the bathroom: the lovely toiletries and also the scented, leaf-shaped soap which I took away with me when I left because I know that hotel throw used soaps out.

The location of the hotel is great - very close to all sorts of good shopping and I also followed a nearby walking trail for exercise. I also loved the vibrant interior design of Qba and the interior design of EEST. All in all, this was an excellent and very good value place to stay. I will choose to come back next time I visit KL.

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear you have had a wonderful stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Best wishes

Kim Powley I General Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2009

I am a regular business traveller, but this was a leisure stay. Having stayed at the Westin KL a 2/3 years back and had a great time, we booked the Westin KL this time around as well. However big mistake, the staff all seemed stressed, verybody from reception to housekeeping seemed on edge, politely smiling, but not the usual genuine Asian smile.
We stayed in a standard room, and must say that the rooms are very tired, and in need of upgrades ASAP.
Would we go back - maybe in a few years when the current management has been changed, as this generally is the reason for the atmosphere being cold in a hotel, next time in KL we will stay at the Sheraton, 3 stays there, and all were great, shame about the Westin, location is excellent. Service and atmosphere is very veyr cold.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2009

For a Hotel of Westin's repute, I was disappointed by the rather unhelpful and arrogant attitude of the front office staff. I was there to attend a conference and on the last day requested for the Check-out to be extended to 3 PM instead of the normal 12 noon. The staff simply refused to even consider my request - which I thought was rather unusual. Moreover, they charged my Credit card for the deposit even without informing me - which is most irregular.

Otherwise the Hotel has a great location and nice pleasant rooms.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank whirlwindexplorer
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Situated in the heart of KL with the fabulouse Pavillion shopping centre right over the road, the Westin is an ideal place to stay. While the Pavillion has all the expensive brands you can walk about 5 minutes up the road to huge malls of cheap local fare.
The Westin rooms are really comfortable and the beds the best I have ever slept on in a hotel.
I wished I could stay at breakfast all day long - the selection of steamed dumplings, curries, fresh fruits and juices was overwhelming and for those wanting a more Western style breakfast you can also cereals, pastries and bacon and eggs.
If you enjoy Asian styles of food then do dine at EEST where you will find Malaysian, Vietnamese, Japanese etc... all under the same roof.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to swim in the pool - too much shopping to do - but loved the jogging cards which prevented me from getting lost.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.

We are indeed delighted to know that you have had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

My mum and I spent 2 nights at the Westin on our way home from a girls shopping trip. We stayed on the executive floor, which is highly recommended - delicious drinks and canapes each evening. The beds were, as others have mentioned, lovely and the food was also outstanding. I particularly recommend the breakfast downstairs in the Living Room cafe (one has the choice of eating a more Western breakfast upstairs or eating the multicultural buffet downstairs if one stays in an exec room). The buffet was incredible - I have never before eaten such delicious curries, Chinese and Japanese foods, baked goods, fruit etc. etc. - just amazing!
What truly stood out was the warm and helpful service. There was some confusion regarding our flights and subsequent taxi trip to the airport on our final day. Not only were staff on the executive floor able to help us out very promptly, but they also kindly allowed us to use the executive lounge until late into the evening, despite having already checked out. Much appreciated in what was a stressful situation for us. Special thanks to all staff on the executive floor, as well as John at concierge, who put a smile on our faces daily.
Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear you had a renewing stay but most importantly our staff were able to attend to your needs professionally and efficiently.

Once again, thank you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2009

food is awesome.. service is excellent.. the people are nice and friendly and the location is at the right place in town :)

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westn Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Best wishes