The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$153
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$124
$70
Agoda.com
$201
$150
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$70
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$95
$90
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$63
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$125
$95
Trip.com
2,816 results
All reviewsheavenly bedpregobukit bintangkids clubbedroom residencepavilion mallexecutive clubliving roomspg memberexecutive floorstarhill galleryshopping districtgolden trianglechinese restaurantpetronas towersfood courtf b
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I have had some problems with some of the hotels at my other holiday destinations. Some minor, some seriously major. Hence this time I decided to invest in my relaxation at the Westin and all my expectations were surpased!

The rooms were spotless, even without the usual 'stale odour'

The staff were amazingly friendly and accomodating. When I accidentally left the 'do not disturb light on' but had requested for additional tissues, they called when they were at the door. This for me truly felt like acceptional service!

And the beds... so comfortable !! It was really difficult leaving them in the mornings

Anyone who really needs a hassle free relaxing holiday really should check into the Westin KL!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur

We thank you for sharing your experience with us and delighted to note that you had a renewing stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

If you are travelling to KL with young family, and you want to shop, there is no better location - while there is a kids club we took our 5 year old shopping everyday but with the central location it was easy to drop back when we needed to. The 'living room' dining was a great way to eat in house and being opposite the Pavillion (shopping complex)meant we coudl easily get take out too. The staff were friendly and attentive and they could even cater for my child's nut allergy. Well done Westin! You will see us again

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2009

Warm Greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are indeed delighted to hear you had a renewing experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed one night during a conference which was held in the hotel. Room booking was done by an events management company. Unfortunately I just came back from the Sheraton Shanghai which is a sister hotel and the difference between the 2 hotels is so glaring. Counter staff busy and preoccupied. Room smells of smoke and pillow smells. The "heavenly bed " sank in certain parts. The room is stayed in is no 1606 and perhaps need some refreshing. Parking lots very narrow and I had difficulty parking my mpv. Swimming pool was also closed. Otherwise location great and a haven from the terrible traffic congestion all around.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience with us and apologize for the less than satisfactory experience.

We truly appreciate your constructive comments and will definitely share with the team to see how we can improve ourselves.

My team and I look forward to your continuous support.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

Good things: Check-in was efficient (although we did arrive at 1.30 am so it's a little hard to assess how efficient it would have been at a busier time) and the entrance to the hotel is spacious.
Room service was prompt, and the staff were always eager to please and very helpful. I would say that at times this could be a bit much - to have three different people ask you if you want a coffee when you're sitting down to breakfast can be overpowering, but I suppose that's something to do with the level of service they're aiming to provide. The food itself is very good (although the selection of beer didn't seem that wide) - in particular the coffee here is excellent (that might be personal taste - personally I think Illy is great).
The room itself is a good size, with a good view across the city from the large window. It would have been nice to have another chair in the room though.
Not so great:
Breakfast selection is not bad, but the layout is rather trying - you've got to walk a long way to find the breads, and then go in a different direction to get an omelette, a third direction for Malaysian food, etc. I suppose they're stuck with the physical arrangement of it all, but it does feel a little cramped.
Peeves:
Lifts seem a little slow. There's only 4 to serve more than 30 floors of the hotel. Also, the keycard used to make the lift work doesn't always seem that reliable - sometimes you'd swipe the card and have no response from the console in the lift.
Room service only runs from 6am to 11; as a consequence of working strange hours and being selfish, I'm used to being able to order a meal at any time. Since KL seems to shut down in general quite early, perhaps this is just reflective of that.
Room amenities - although the bed is wonderful (sorry, "heavenly" as the brand would have it) as in other Westins, other parts of the room aren't quite up to par; television is a fairly old and quite large CRT rather than a flatscreen. This is a really small thing and probably sounds like nitpicking for the sake of it, but the light in the wardrobe is quite flickery and takes time to come on. I guess I'm getting too accustomed to luxury hotels if I can complain about this. (In any case, looking out the window at the city is probably more rewarding than watching TV all night.)
All in all I'd have to rate this as average for a 4.5 star hotel; quite possibly I've been spoilt by other Westins elsewhere and have a heightened sense of what I should be getting.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We have taken note of your constructive comments and will definitely improve where necessary.

best wishes

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Had a great experience staying at the Westin, fantastic location, service excellent, rooms were really great especially the beds. Min and the staff at the Executive Lounge were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Would definately stay again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2009

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

We are delighted to hear you had a renewing experience and our associates provided personal and intinctive services.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you again.