Completed a 2 night stay with my family of 5 (6 yr old, 4 yr old and 2 yr old) with two connecting rooms. I selected this hotel as I'm starwood Platinum member and wanted to stay in a new location other than starwood's other property, Le Meridien.
Overall I would stay here again and would recommend the property to friends. However, my first choice in Kuala Lumpur would probably be Le Meridien if the rate was lower than the Westin. I think the Le Meridien has a better breakfast selection, a better lounge and I like the location of the Le Meridien to connect to the rest of KL using Sentral.
Glad to have two great SPG properties to choice from within KL!
• The staff was very friendly and would interact with my kids, this was almost every single staff member that encountered my kids.
• The breakfast selection was great, and loved the bakery section as it provided a different atmosphere
• The lounge was good and had a selection of hot food in the evening; just wish it was on a higher floor to see something other than just the mall next door.
• Location is great if you want to focus on high end shopping and KLCC.
• All three of my kids slept on their own bed in the 2 twin room, we used the couch as a third bed.
• I didn’t get a chance to use it but the bar next to the pool looked inviting for people who may have older kids. Allowing their kids to swim while their parents enjoy a beer overlooking the pool.
• I don’t recall a non-halal selection for breakfast.
• The window in my room was actually loose; I could push it out a little which would then create a whistling noise. This was reported to the hotel and I don’t think it was a safety issue as I would expect the hotel to have fixed it immediately if the window was at risk of falling out.
• I believe the largest bed they hard was a queen/double, or bed was not a king.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur is an oasis located on the vibrant streets of Jalan Bukit Bintang. The strategic location of this five-star luxury hotel puts Kuala Lumpur’s best shopping, entertainment and local attractions right at your doorstep, which also includes Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Tower and Pavilion KL shopping mall which are just minutes away. From signature Westin Heavenly® Bed to our fully equipped Westin WORKOUT®, the hotel offers world-class facilities and services that inspire you to be at your best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Westin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Westin