“Good location for upscale shopping”

The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #26 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Completed a 2 night stay with my family of 5 (6 yr old, 4 yr old and 2 yr old) with two connecting rooms. I selected this hotel as I'm starwood Platinum member and wanted to stay in a new location other than starwood's other property, Le Meridien.

Overall I would stay here again and would recommend the property to friends. However, my first choice in Kuala Lumpur would probably be Le Meridien if the rate was lower than the Westin. I think the Le Meridien has a better breakfast selection, a better lounge and I like the location of the Le Meridien to connect to the rest of KL using Sentral.

Glad to have two great SPG properties to choice from within KL!

Good-
• The staff was very friendly and would interact with my kids, this was almost every single staff member that encountered my kids.
• The breakfast selection was great, and loved the bakery section as it provided a different atmosphere
• The lounge was good and had a selection of hot food in the evening; just wish it was on a higher floor to see something other than just the mall next door.
• Location is great if you want to focus on high end shopping and KLCC.
• All three of my kids slept on their own bed in the 2 twin room, we used the couch as a third bed.
• I didn’t get a chance to use it but the bar next to the pool looked inviting for people who may have older kids. Allowing their kids to swim while their parents enjoy a beer overlooking the pool.

Bad
• I don’t recall a non-halal selection for breakfast.
• The window in my room was actually loose; I could push it out a little which would then create a whistling noise. This was reported to the hotel and I don’t think it was a safety issue as I would expect the hotel to have fixed it immediately if the window was at risk of falling out.
• I believe the largest bed they hard was a queen/double, or bed was not a king.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cincoMcBrides
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Greetings cincoMcBrides

We thank you for supporting the Starwood Brands and truly appreciate your time in sharing your stay experience.

With regard to the non-halal selection for breakfast, we thank you for your thoughts and will definitely communicate this to the Culinary team.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition of the window, which has already been fixed.

With regard to the bed type, all connecting rooms have a king and twin beds except for the Chairman and Presidential Suites where the beds are larger than the Kings.

Once again, we truly appreciate your support and feedbacks and look forwarding to welcoming all of you back.

Hratch Khatchanian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,624)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

When of my biggest beliefs in attending hotels is this: does the service merit the $$$ they charge you. I have been to many hotels, and a lot exceed my expectations and others aren't so lucky.

So then there is the Westin KL --- I have been THOROUGHLY impressed with what the Westin has been able to offer me. They have been extremely gracious and have even handled some last minute changes to my reservation with ease.

The concierges power over creating a luxurious experience for its guests are great, and I really am confident in saying that I have left my life (and stomach) in their hands thus far. The second night while in KL they recommended eating at street market! It was a great experience very reasonable and something you don't normally hear from concierges.

Outside of the unbelievable service... You have the location... and, WOW. The location the Westin secured is an amazing spot where you are surrounded by the entire city... Let's just say I am glad my gf did not come on this trip because the biggest and nicest mall in KL is literally right across the street!

Fantastic experience, and I would recommend the Westin to everyone traveling to KL.

Oh, and p.s. did I mention the Westin Heavenly Beds? I haven't slept this good in quite some time having come from Cambodia and Vietnam prior to hitting Malaysia --- it has been a welcome change of pace!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Greetings Michael R

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to show you our hospitality and extremely delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations but most importantly our team provided personal and instinctive experiences.

Thank you for sharing this review - you have given me great joy to share your compliments with the team.

Please come back again whenever you return to Kuala Lumpur and thank you for being our 'ambassador' too.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was raining quite heavily so we decided to stay in the hotel to eat. Q bar was recommended to us so we went there for two steaks. Some side dishes too which was extra. The steaks were very good. And the service was great. We were really pleased with our decision to stay indoors. It was rather expensive, way over our budget. But it was definetly worth it. The music coming from the bar downstairs was a bit loud. But apart from that we enjoyed the experience.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Greetings eganmayo

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel - happy to hear you have made the right decision to dine in house and it was a good experience.

Please come back again whenever you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is located right in the city centre, where most the shopping malls are located (Pavillion,Starhill, Fahrenheit, Lot10, etc.). It's also a short within walking distance to KLCC (Petronas Twin Towers). Room is clean and very comfortable beds, complete room amenities, and also quiet even though located in a very busy neighbourhood. Gym is well equipped with modern equipment, and very well maintained. Breakfast menu however could be a bit improved, although it is sufficient for some... just the selection is a tad limited. I have been coming to this hotel quite regularly, and the service has been excellent throughout.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Greetings K H

On behalf of the team, thank you for your trust, loyalty, support and appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel.

Delighted to hear our services and facilities met with your expectations except for the breakfast menu, which your comment has already been shared with the Culinary teams.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had a nice room for my stay and the facilities including the restaurant are pretty good. Location is also great.

Service was sloppy at times and ended up getting hustled into a taxi to the airport instead of the limo transfer I'd arranged after the guys were busy shouting to each other about getting a car out front.

I wouldn't rule it out if you can get a good rate.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg2003

Greetings Greg2003

First and foremost, we apologize for not being able to accommodate to your request for a limousine service. There were some challenges with the Transport Company and we have shared our concerns with them.

On a lighter note, good to know you had a pleasant stay.

Please come back again whenever you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Westin. Good location, opposite a shopping mall, and close to a shopping street to walk. Reception was very attentive. Room is well equipped. On check out day I asked for breakfast to be brought to my room at 5a.m. Within 12 min the order was delivered, with fruits cut and toast to my liking.
Small things I did like less: 1. Breakfast room is dark, not an ideal way to start the day. 2. I dislike the policy to ask upon check in for "an authorisation" for your credit card, where much more than the expected amount is blocked (the credit card company takes weeks to return the excess amount to your account). This policy needs to change!
Other than that a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Greetings kkk512

We thank you for your support and truly appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel - good to know you had a great stay.

Also, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will definitely review this with the team.

See you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Westin Kuala Lumpur is one of the perfect choice if shopping is one of your must-do in Kuala Lumpur. Pavilion, the considered-as-best mall in KL is just across the street. And more shopping centers are nearby, in this Bukit Bintang area.

I was so impressed with the comfy Heavenly(R) Bed by Westin. Amenities in room were also very nice. The tea, the coffee, the French-press, including bathroom toiletries.

Excellent service was also shown in Lobby. And this little thing, the welcome drink was so impressive. I like them having not a standard welcome drink, but it's a fruity water, which can help the guests for better health.

I would recommend people to stay at Westin Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Choose 1702 and 1703 if you need two room with connecting door