3,007 results
All reviews heavenly bed prego bukit bintang executive club lounge kids club pavilion mall bedroom residence living room spg member executive floor starhill gallery shopping district golden triangle petronas towers chinese restaurant food court breakfast buffet is
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I have stayed at The Westin once before with my family. This time I only went with my brother and we got upgraded to an executive suite with view over Bukit Bintang and KL Tower.
I have nothing bad to says about either the rooms or the hotel. The suite was very spacious with a separate living room and bed room area.
The bathroom also has view over the city, one time I caught myself standing in the shower for too long while watching the amazing view.

Because we stayed in a suite we also got access to the executive floor. We could choose to have our breakfast there or by the swimmingpool at the 4th floor. We also had complimentary evening snack and cocktails, could you ask for more?
The staff in the lobby is very nice and helped us with our question. to find the best shopping mall, where to eat etc, etc.

Next time I visit K.L I will definitely stay at The Westin. I recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travellers. It's very convinient located at Bukit Bintang, with easy access around the city.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I get better service from a three star hotel elsewhere. Having chosen Westin based on the reviews here, I am deeply disheartened. Stars, class and good service certainly does not go hand in hand in Westin KL.

We have just returned from a 2 nights stay in Westin KL. Stayed in a deluxe club room. The room was clean, the bed was heavenly and breakfast spread was excellent...but.

From the front desk to "The Living Room" restaurant. Service, hospitality and warmthness is overall lousy and inefficient. The hotel staff just do not know how to smile to the guests. I was there with my family and four kids and we certainly felt unwelcomed in this five star hotel.

During arrival and breakfast, they did not greet us welcome nor give us a good morning greet. The most basic of customer service skill was lacking big time. And I think the Living Room restaurant should change their motto because we did not have a great time there. Coffee was served after almost twenty minutes, in the middle of our meals we just gave up and HAD to asked the waitress for our coffee, which was really ridiculous!!

After filing a complaint to the manager on duty and right after the complaint was made, the staff became more friendly and they smiled more. The manager gave us chocolates and waived few charges as a form of apology.

I won't come back to this hotel ever again.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Checked in for a weekend stay at the Westin. We were offered a package upgrade, including club access and some other freebies for a small extra charge which we took.

Initial impressions were good. Decent decor, the room was nice, bed was comfortable.

Things started to go awry in the evening. We decided to go to the club lounge for a drink before heading out for dinner. There were no seats available.

It took a while before we were attended by any service staff. When we were attended, we were just told sorry no seats. There was no attempt whatsoever to ask at least for us to sit in the waiting area outside and that they would come to us as soon as a table was free.

AFter waiting a while more, we decided to forego and leave. btw, the club lounge is tiny..

On the day we were to check out, it was a sunday morning. We did not ask for a wake up call.

Despite that, the phone rang at 8.00am. I answered and it was someone from the reception desk. They wanted to know what time i was checking out!

Never, in all my years of staying at hotels, had I ever received an early morning call to ask what time i would be checking out. There is already an express requirement as to check out time. If i wanted a late check out, i would have asked. If i check out late without asking,then of course i may be susceptible to late charges, but there was no reason for the call.

I told them i would check out when i checked out and hung up.

Credit where credit is due, but the westin has, by far, the best breakfast buffet spread of any hotel i have ever been to. So after being woken up early, we proceeded to go down for breakfast.

As the restaurant was quite full, we were directed to a counter seat. I asked the waiter to let us know once a table was free so that we could move.

Tables came and went free, no waiter came back. SO i called the waiter again and asked if he could let us have the next free table.

Again, tables came and went free, no one came back to us. In the end, completely exasperated by this stage, we just went and sat at the next free table that came up.

During check out, I mentioned to the manager at the check out counter, about the fact that we had been woken up with an inane question.

Instead of at least an apology, all that i was told was... this is their hotel policy.

finally, when picking up the car, we had to pay some quite high, for malaysia parking charges and valet fees.

i usually stay at the ritz-carlton in KL. for a change i thoguht i would give the westin a try.

after this particular experience, i know where ill be staying the next time i go there, and it wont be the westin.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2008

2 nights in the Westin KL in late July 2008.
The Hotel is very well known in the city and the location is excellent but only if you are going for shopping. It is located on the main avenue where all branded shops and good restaurants are.

All rooms are well furnished and very clean, the Hotel architecture is modern and has its own charm, it is sometimes hard to find your way because of the multiple entrance, stairs and the lack of signs inside. But overall it is a beautiful place to stay.

On the other hand you are in the middle of the traffic jam, 24/24, don't go there if you are in a business trip, this Hotel is more for leisure. staff is very slow and my checking took ages. The Lobby is small, very messy and very very noisy, maybe because I arrived on Sunday. In the restaurant, you will have 5 or 6 waiters in a corner looking at you without taking any initiative, quite interesting situation, a new concept where you help your self ?...

All in all, it is a good choice if you have your time and you want to stop by KL for a Shopping week end.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a great hotel with a great location just in front of one of the newest Shopping Center Pavilion with all the greatest (and expensive) brands all over the world. Try to go to the upper floors, and you’ll find some good deals, just a suggestion.

Room: Great room, with a lovely panoramic window. Bathroom with a nice window through the room.

Breakfast: lot’s of variety (good natural fruit juices, and cakes)

Concierge: Not to good. Every time we wanted to go out and see something, they didn’t helped us too much. Something to improve. Please seriously consider to be kinder.

East restaurant: very well decorated area. The food is amazing. The staff very helpful.

Hotel’s bar: good during the week, but at the weekends it becomes a prostitute bar. Or I guess it was… It seems like... I don’t know, but we didn’t felt very well there...

Swimming pool: it’s enough for a city hotel. Don’t have sun in some parts of the day. But it’s ok.

The city itself: Very nice and safe. We were 2 young girls, and never had any problems walking around alone during the day. At day we always catch a low cost cab. If you want to go out, go to the Hilton’s bar, always with life music, good entertainment.

Tips: Catch a low taxi from the airport to the city, it’s not so expensive as the VIP one, and also has air condition; Do a sightseeing tour to see all the most important monuments, and then decided by yourself the most important ones to you and then visit them by taxi. It’s cheap… Visit Petaling Street, Malaysian Eye, Petronas…

Overall, the hotel worth a visit.

Date of stay: June 2008