“Wonderful Hotel”

The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #27 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband & I spent 3 nights at the Westin, KL in mid-October. From check in to check out, we could not fault anything. The front desk staff are very friendly, and the doormen welcome you with a smile.
The bed was the most comfortable we've slept in. The room was cleaned immaculately every day. Staff called up to the room late afternoon to ensure everything was satisfactory.
Breakfast was fantastic - a huge selection of foods from all over the world. I can recommend the caffe latte! The food from Daily Treats is delicious.
Dinner at Prego's is a must! The wood fired pizza's are fantastic and the loaf (yes, loaf) of freshly baked bread is a perfect way to start your meal.
The location is ideal - The Pavillion across the road, 10 minute walk to Times Square. Heaps of restaurants nearby.
i have recommended the Westin to family & friends who are travelling to KL soon, and will definitely be staying here next time we're in KL

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Petronas Twin Towers is a must, especially at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RebeccaFarrell
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Greetings RebeccaFarrell

We thank you for the fantastic feedbacks and delighted to hear both of you had a great stay experience.

Also, many thanks for recommending us to your family and friends.

Look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We checked into the hotel last Saturday. We were deciding between Hyatt and Westin, and at the end I chose the latter due to my SPG status. We booked a 1 BR Service residence for birthday celebration for 30 other friends.

The nice mister in the front desk did more than just checking in guests. He actually found out more on my needs and wants, recommended another kind of room for me due to the number of guest we have informed him. He recommended us to go for room viewing and I did. At the end, he upsold us to a suite and to us, it was just nice~

The kind mister helped to even pre-arrange the number of champagne and drink glasses that we would need, ice bucket, cake storage etc. We really appreciated his effort in going the extra miles. He is definitely a great asset for the company and If only everyone in the service industry provide the kind of service level as he did.

To the GM of Westin, because your front desk personnel's effort in understanding my needs and excellent service, We didn't mind paying more to get a slightly better room for our guests. In the evening, For me the birthday boy, I had the best party experience my favorite hotel in the city.

We sincerely hope my that you did not receive any complain from your guests as we did our best in keeping our voice down and to make sure everyone leave before 1am. If there was, please accept our sincere apologies.

Way to go Westin Kuala Lumpur!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings Emie W

Wishing you a very belated happy birthday and delighted to hear you and your friends had a great celebration.

My team and I look forward to many more celebrations with you.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at Westin for one night on a short stopover from Ipoh to Singapore. A highly reliable hotel chain - reason for us to select this hotel over Ritz, JW and Grand M which are all around the Golden Triangle.

1. Location - opposite Pavilion where one can find high quality shopping and wide variety of food. Round the corner of other shopping malls - Sungei Wang, Farenhite, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, etc. Famous food street, Jalan Alor is also within 5 minutes walk. This location beats KLCC and Jalan Ismail/Ampang hands down!

2. Rooms - spacious, comfortable beds, huge bath area (separate shower and bath). The TV program selection is limited though. DVD player is provided. Lots of bottles of mineral water are provided free of charge. Amenities are comprehensive. Their in house white tea toiletries are amazingly soothing to use.

3. Hotel facilities and service as usual like the standardized 5* hotels. Concierge/Service Express did give a piece of wrong information - Jetstar flies out from KLIA and not LCCT, pls note. Also we were also booked in at the wrong date by the front desk manager but the duty guest relations quickly rectified the error so no fuss over this. Overall service is very good. However the turndown service is so-so, the bedsheets are a bit crumpled however this is not a big turn off for me. However I am more impressed by my stays in other 5* where they provide some items like choco and Teddy bears at ur bedside.

4. Transport - 8mins walk to LRT. Plenty of taxis - be it mid-valley or KLIA can be chartered at a fair and flat rate. My advise is to take taxis from hotels to avoid the hassle of haggling especially they do not want to use the meter.

5. Value - cheap compared to other international 5* price. Grand Millennium is cheaper and around the same area but I personally prefer Westin since I am a Starwood member.

Would return to Westin in my next stay - a very homely feel overall. Nothing pretentious.

• Stayed: November 2012

Greetings catteaa

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your 'home away from home' soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

the only place i liked was the new club lounge ,brunch was way to much , 5 senses looked good did not try.rest was average, room not so great, looks tired. room carpets look worn out, cleanliness not upto standard stuff left over in room , i would have loved to have some extra tea coffee in the room, kettle or water was bad as it smelt terrible. probaly the chemical used to clean the kettle.

Room Tip: higher rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings wifsys

We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

We are definitely looking at the possibility of conducting a major renovation but will not be able to communicate an accurate time now.

Our Manager - Housekeeping has been informed about the room cleanliness - please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was a family trip between 23-26 Dec 2011.
Arrive at the dawn on 23 Dec as we were started off our 4hrs of midnight drive from Singapore. No hassle during the check-ins and manage to catch the breakfast.

The breakfast was quite a demand and always had to queue and wait for the banquet manager to showed us our table. At one of the day, we had to sit at the bar table to eat. Probably the hotel was fully-booked during festive season.

Rooms was excellent, spacious and had a good view.

Hotel location was just nice opposite a luxury mall, The Paviliion. You can also easily find other malls and shops along the Bukit Bintang road such as Fahrenheit 88, Sephora, Lot 10 etc. It is also a walking distance to the LRT train station.

No worries on food as you can easily find restaurants, cafes and fast food within the district.

However, the road is always busy especially during the daytime. Will need skills to get the car out from the hotel onto the main road, as cars are just bumper to bumper between 12pm - 6pm. Best to take public LRT to move around KL.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Greetings Khasdila

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and happy to know all of you had an enjoyable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back this Christmas

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Westin Kuala Lumpur is only to be outdone by the Westin Beijing, which is a newer property. The staff, location, and especially the price are top notch. The new Executive Club is gorgeous, and the breakfast spread there was more than sufficient. A solid selection of canapés is available each evening, along with complimentary beverages. The main restaurant's breakfast spread is more diverse, but some of the staffers there weren't tremendously outgoing, so we opted for the lounge instead. Internet speed is A-OK, and the Pavilion Mall just across the street has everything you'll need, including some excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: The Westin Suites are a solid choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zshonig
HratchKhatchanian, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Greetings zshonig

We thank you for the great feedbacks except for the challenges faced during breakfast one morning, which I believed has been resolved.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was very very noisy hotel. The staff were very unpleasant and service was slow. They even woke me up in the middle of the night. The hotel room was not very clean. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Umaruban

Greetings Umaruban

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations you have expected.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve our overall services. Please feel free to contact me at westin.kuala lumpur@westin.com. I look forward to hearing from you.