Stayed at Westin for one night on a short stopover from Ipoh to Singapore. A highly reliable hotel chain - reason for us to select this hotel over Ritz, JW and Grand M which are all around the Golden Triangle.
1. Location - opposite Pavilion where one can find high quality shopping and wide variety of food. Round the corner of other shopping malls - Sungei Wang, Farenhite, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery, etc. Famous food street, Jalan Alor is also within 5 minutes walk. This location beats KLCC and Jalan Ismail/Ampang hands down!
2. Rooms - spacious, comfortable beds, huge bath area (separate shower and bath). The TV program selection is limited though. DVD player is provided. Lots of bottles of mineral water are provided free of charge. Amenities are comprehensive. Their in house white tea toiletries are amazingly soothing to use.
3. Hotel facilities and service as usual like the standardized 5* hotels. Concierge/Service Express did give a piece of wrong information - Jetstar flies out from KLIA and not LCCT, pls note. Also we were also booked in at the wrong date by the front desk manager but the duty guest relations quickly rectified the error so no fuss over this. Overall service is very good. However the turndown service is so-so, the bedsheets are a bit crumpled however this is not a big turn off for me. However I am more impressed by my stays in other 5* where they provide some items like choco and Teddy bears at ur bedside.
4. Transport - 8mins walk to LRT. Plenty of taxis - be it mid-valley or KLIA can be chartered at a fair and flat rate. My advise is to take taxis from hotels to avoid the hassle of haggling especially they do not want to use the meter.
5. Value - cheap compared to other international 5* price. Grand Millennium is cheaper and around the same area but I personally prefer Westin since I am a Starwood member.
Would return to Westin in my next stay - a very homely feel overall. Nothing pretentious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur is an oasis located on the vibrant streets of Jalan Bukit Bintang. The strategic location of this five-star luxury hotel puts Kuala Lumpur’s best shopping, entertainment and local attractions right at your doorstep, which also includes Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Tower and Pavilion KL shopping mall which are just minutes away. From signature Westin Heavenly® Bed to our fully equipped Westin WORKOUT®, the hotel offers world-class facilities and services that inspire you to be at your best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Westin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Westin