“A real birthday treat.....fabulous”

The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #27 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My brother lives in KL and booked me into this hotel for a night to celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband. I didn't know what to expect as it was our first time in KL. The room was amazing and the staff were exceptionally friendly.

A meal was booked for my parents (who were also in KL with us) and my children and brothers family in the evening at Pregos the hotels Italian restaurant. The food was amazing and setting beautiful. They accommodated for all needs from Ages 4 - 70. The highlight was making us wear red noses whilst a cook was brought to me and the restaurant sang.

When family left my husband and I had a stroll around KL before retiring for some more drinks and fun in the hotels Latin Bar.

A good time was certainly had by all.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LeaV21
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

How are you? Thank you for your support and delighted to hear all of you had a great stay - this is how it should feel at The Westin.

My team and I look forward to welcoming all of you back should travel plans bring you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

great location, nice breakfast buffet and fab heavenly beds..... there are three hotels near the Pavilion shopping mall in KL and this one is by far the best (in my opinion). food and beverage was good and timely, staff relatively friendly and trying their best to assist. small gripes would be the smoke from the live cooking station in the club lounge .....you came out smelling of food and the lounge is perhaps a little small for the number of residents using it. not much else to say except the gym was very good as my husband spent a few hours there each day... latin eatery is good as is the Italian... a good stay all in all and am going back there in December...

Room Tip: high up to avoid street noise if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for your support and delighted to hear you had a great experience.

Renovation of our new Executive Club Lounge is in progress. We hope you would be able to enjoy the new environment and facility on your next visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Westin Kuala Lumpur is right across the street from a really nice mall and is very central to most everything you may want to see in Central KL. The hotel is clean, staff are friendly, and the food is excellent. I had a buffet there at one of their restaurants that was excellent! Prego, the italian restaurant, is also very good with great pizza. I did not try the restaurant EEST but I hear it is also very good. I only stay at Westin KL when I go to KL and I'm never disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur

On behalf of the team, we thank you for staying with us. We are very happy to hear you had a great experience but most importantly our services and facilities met with your expectations.

Look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Great hotel in a great location in KL. And a great value for about $150USD. The beds are truly "heavenly" and the service was up to par. Great executive lounge with nice breakfast and complimentary food and drinks in the evening. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: try to get a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for staying with us and appreciate your sharing your thoughts.

Delighted to hear you have a memorable stay and have no qualms in recommending us to your friends - thank you.

Hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

not so fancy, but nice hotel! the service is good, staff are frinedly and the location is the best point about this hotel.  next door is fancy shopping center and good SPA. opposite is also bog shopping center with bog food coat! you can find everithing around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for staying with us and appreciate you telling us your thoughts about your stay.

Very happy to hear you found our staff helpful and friendly but most importantly our services met with your expectations.

All of us here look forward to welcoming you back should travel plans bring you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I've now stayed in this hotel 3 times so I think I cna be balanced in my review.
The hotel is good but not fantastic.
It's more suitable for tourists than business traveller although lots of business beople stay there. So expect families with kids.
Good bits:-
The staff are great and the club lounge is wonderful.
The Preago restaurant is good but not cheap, asme with Qbar.
Location is super for shopping if that's your thing, but shopping at the top price bracket, i.e all designer label shops accross the road and next door.
Not so good:-
There is no spa other than in your room.
Room could do with a paint job.
Daily maid service was average, they certainly didnt hoover each day.
The EEAST restaurant was very poor and expensive. I was the only person in it at 21:00 surrounded by all the staff. the food was only OK, certaily not as good as the food court in the shopping centre across the road. They called last orders at around 22:00ish and that surprised me, so no dessert. this was strange given that they certainly need the custom.

I think its back to the Sheraton or elsewhere on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fearmór
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for your support and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and we definitely improve on the areas mentioned.

My team and I hope you would give us an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I usually stay at the Ritz Carlton KL but wanted to try a different hotel for a recent trip.

This is a business hotel (as is reflected by the majority of the clientele I see in the lobby and the lack of anybody swimming in the pool).

The strange thing is that despite catering to business people, wifi access is not included in the room. There is "free" wifi, but only in the hotel lobby.

The pool is nice and its good that they have a separate pool for young children. However, there was lack of staff in the pool area.

I do prefer the (more modern) decor of the Westin when compared with the older style decor of The Ritz.

Our room faced Jalan Bukit Bintang and despite being on the 22nd floor, I was woken up by the sound of traffic (it seems that drag racing is not uncommon on the road) in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Despite the poorer view, rooms facing away from Jalan Bukit Bintang should be quieter (and cheaper).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family