“My sixth stay!!!”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #30 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am at my second home in KL! Yes, my second home. What makes a huge difference to me, the biggest difference is how the staff recognize and welcome me back every time.

This time around, I want to write about the staff at the Club Lounge. Everyone and I literally mean everyone at the lounge goes out of their way to check if I need anything or if I like the food and help me with my preparations for business or travel. What more could I ask for? I will start by thanking Mr. Ala without whom my stay would be a normal one. I notice how he goes around to make sure the guests whether in groups or solo need anything. Everyone at the Lounge cheers his name when he comes around. He is a swell guy, a real mensch.

Jacqueline, Mumtaz, Gloria, Iza, Christine, Lukita, Saiful, Catherine and every single one of the staff at the lounge deserve a HUGE thank you (for those whose names escaped me while writing this review at 1 am, please know you are all sincerely appreciated, too). I have seen how you take care of each one of us whether young or old and strive to make us delighted each in your own special way. You're the best!!

And to be fair, I need to express the same appreciation to the friendly team members at the reception, concierge desk and Anna at the piano lounge.

I will keep coming back to the Sheraton Imperial in KL for more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyTimes2011
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel and for supporting us by returning again to your 2nd home. Also, thanks for sharing our associates names that made your stay a memorable experience!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your 2nd home again in near future! Best Regards, Chuck Abbott

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Sheraton Imperial, Kuala Lumpur at start of September 2013, very clean & spacious rooms. Bathroom was very large and included shower and separate bath tub. We had Petronas tower view which I requested which gave us great views of city. We even managed to check in early (10am) free of charge as our room was ready. Nice pool area with outside bar area which served drink and food for majority of the day. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The area around the hotel appears to be in the banking/business area although it's in an ideal position with monorail stop within yards of hotel front door, Wang Dangi underground 5 minute walk & another monorail line (Sultan Ismail) 10 minutes walk via an undercover walkway, which was brilliant in wet season. Very cheap transport, monorail 50p single ride to most places & even a taxi (4km trip) cost us under £4.

Wonderful spread for breakfast includes noodle bar, Indian/Chinese options, fresh pancakes/waffles/pastry, plus English style breakfast. We also ate at the Italian restaurant at the hotel, which was very nice although expensive compared to local restaurants outside the hotel. There was a nice restaurant within yards of the hotel recomended by the hotel, which also gave us a 10% money off voucher. Also one stop up monorail is the Hard Rock Cafe, 3 stops on monorail (Bukit Bintang) is the shopping district.

Room Tip: Try to get a Petronas tower view, we were lucky to be on floor 26 with a view of the towers which al...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richiejg

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the room size, cleanliness, pool area, associates friendliness and location of the hotel within the train hubs. Glad you also liked our signature breakfast at Essence!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial again when you're in KL. Best Regards, Chuck Abbott

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at the Sheraton, and must say - it was a really memorable stay. The location of the hotel is very strategic. The interiors are wonderful and the decors are amazing. The rooms were also really well done. The restaurants within the hotel has some amazing spread.

The hospitality and warmth of the the staff is truly impeccable. A 5 star hotel in every sense.
All in all - highly recommended - very affordable, but at the same time a very luxurious stay option.

Tip: Try requesting a room which faces the Petronas Towers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coolme_kiran

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel. We are happy to hear your feedback on the hotel interior and design!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night but wished we could have stayed for longer. The room was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in, it was very big, really nicely decorated and had a lovely view of the towers. The staff were also great and very friendly. If I was going back to KL this is definitely the place I'd stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's up high with a view of the towers. It's really nice at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler123500

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel and we are glad to hear that you will return again to Sheraton Imperial KL.

Best Regards, Chuck Abbott

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The sheraton was spacious, clean, affordable and centrally located. Made a great hub to explore Kuala Lumpur city centre.

We could either walk directly into the city or use the monorail with is directly outside the hotel.

The main buffet breakfast was huge and the club breakfast upstairs was more intimate with great views.

Our room had direct views of the Petronas towers, which looked best at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel and glad you enjoyed our signature breakfast at Essence and Sheraton Club.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I spent 2 days here recently, and will most likely return when I'm in KL again. The staff were professional, spoke English well, and were quite friendly. I paid about $15 USD to get a view of the towers, and I ended up on the 38th floor (if I remember correctly) with a view that was well worth the additional money. The room was clean and comfortable. I actually spent very little time at the hotel, but one plus is that the hotel is located in a place that it's easy and convenient to leave from, or return to, using public transportation. There is plenty of food and shopping within walking distance. I ate dim sum at the Celestial restaurant in the hotel, and it was okay, but I'm pretty critical when it comes to dim sum. I stayed there just about two weeks ago and can't remember any dissatisfaction, so if I had any, it must have been minor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aaron G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel. Glad you used the public transportation within our hotel vicinity as it gives easy access during peak hours.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Big thanks to the operating staff especially in the concierge/reception area.
My S3/S4 Mini’s plug got busted and the battery running low. They helped charge it – from one of their phone’s charger. This personalized service and support is incomparable.
Also I love very much their breakfast which includes unlimited freshly squeezed juice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Aims168

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall experience at the hotel and special mention on our signature breakfast at Essence. Its also good to hear that the team assisted you with the charging of your gadget.