“Nice place to stay in KL”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #25 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sydney, Australia
“Nice place to stay in KL”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night during the F1 season. Overall a nice place to stay, but not exceptional.

Location: good (next to monorail) but not great (nothing interesting around here, a bit far from everything else). Around 20 minutes taxi ride to/from KL sentral.

Service: although the staff are friendly, check-in was slow. I had a reservation, but the check-in person still ask for my SPG number, etc. that is all in the booking already (and printed on the booking confirmation paper that I gave). Unlike elsewhere which says "I need your passport and credit card please", this guy ask it one by one, slowly typing and doing stuff in between. To top it off, they try to be cool by sending my luggage to the room without me asking, however it ended up at a different room (!!!). Free internet (that is supposed to be included) is also a bit confusing as it mentioned 24hrs access with a charge when I try to log in, however this is cleared up as I called guest services and was told to just pick the 24hrs and the charge will be waived.

On the good side: the hotel provides free shuttle to few places in the city on certain days, just check the schedule or ask the concierge.

Room: got a room with the twin tower view. Unfortunately the lower part of the twin towers is occluded by another building nearby. Other than the twin tower, the city view is nothing special. The room itself was nice, clean, and roomy, but it does feel old and dated.

Breakfast: the breakfast buffet selection is huge. The noodle soup station was nice, but the soup was not warm enough and the taste was just okay (does not taste like top-notch quality food). Also available are the congee station, Malaysian hot food selection, fruits, etc... even ice cream was available.

Room Tip: Get a room rate that includes breakfast and internet (unless you're SPG member with status) if i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the overall stay in the hotel. Also, thanks for sharing the additional comments on where we can improve further. I have shared your comments with the team as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial if you're back in KL again! Best Regards, Chuck Abbott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This ia a good value 5 star hotel in a good location. Rooms have great views and good facilities. room cleanliness is good, but common areas need more attention.

take advantage of the upgrade offer for 120 RIN, give you breakfast, laundry, Club Lounge on the 38th floor.

transport links are very good, metro station and mono rail just a few minutes walk.
Pool area is nice break from the busy city.

Room Tip: take advantage of the fixed price upgrade Club offer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank craig s
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about our room , service and Sheraton Club benefits.

Asia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked via Otel.com so we only paid 103 usd/night for rooms without views of the Petronas Towers. What made us choose the Sheraton was its convenience for commuting, as it's only a 2 minute walk to the Monorail Station. Also, it's cheaper compared to other similarly-rated hotels.

We arrived from Singapore at around 7 a.m. and proceeded to the hotel. We left our bags and went to the Petronas Towers and had breakfast first. We went back to the hotel at around 9:45 a.m. and were allowed to check-in early.

We're a family of 5 so we booked 2 rooms. The first room was bigger than the second one. Don't know why they gave us different-looking rooms. But even the smaller room was spacious enough. There's a walk-in closet, and the bathroom had a separate shower area and bathtub.

We ordered room service for lunch. The food was good and the service quick enough. Of course, the food is pricier compared to what you'd pay for outside.

We used the free computers with free internet in the lobby quite a few times. Definitely appreciated that.

We also used the pool early in the morning so nobody was there except us. Great views of the KL Tower. All in all a great stay in Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about our location thats within the train stations, room size & functionality, food and Link@Sheraton.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not a great stay in KL for us as the room's bathroom flooded each time we took a shower. The room was a bit bedraggled and the staff were a bit indifferent. The room phone didn't work when I pushed the "client services" button and when I called reception they seemed non-plussed. I would have thought such a huge hotel would have got these details right.
Great breakfast though ;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about our signature breakfast in Essence. ALso, thanks for the additional comments on areas that needs improvements. We do periodical maintenance to all our rooms so we will ensure this is covered.

Geoje, South Korea
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Upon check in, the woman at the front desk was cold and seemed kind of snobby. I'd wanted to use a Discover card and it didn't go through because Discover had blocked it, not knowing I was traveling to Malaysia. She said when I cleared it up there would be no problem using that card. When I checked out, indeed, it was declined again. I called Discover while at the reception desk and they said I could not use the card there. It was troublesome that the woman at check in specifically told me I could use that card.

The room was fine. Kind of gaudy and a bit dated. When I looked up while showering I noticed two air vents that were literally caked with black gunk. It was pretty gross. There was also mold growing in the edges of the bottom of the shower and caulking coming loose in the shower. The bathroom sink didn't drain properly. A guy came to fix it the first day and it did the same thing again the next day. Paid 24 MYR for room service nachos that came with a big bowl of chips, a bit of cheese and a couple of tablespoons of salsa....not worth 24 MYR.

Arrived a bit late to the club lounge and as I approached the buffet for a bit of a snack, the people just kept taking the food away at a very rapid pace. While they could have said, " I'm sorry, we're closing the buffet, can I get you something?" They just cleared it all away. I literally walked in at 8:00PM, as the evening snacks are ending.

After coming in from the Four Points in Sandakan where everyone was so friendly and helpful, this place was just cold and not very welcoming.

Room Tip: Club level. I was in room 3307. Bathroom could use some help but it had a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your feedback on the service level and cleaniness. I have personally shared this with the team and we will take note on the room condition you mentioned, Sheraton Club lounge service and friendliness at Front Desk.

We strive to deliver the best guests experience so I hope this isolated incident wont deter you from returning again to Sheraton Imperial KL.

Best Regards, Chuck Abbott
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I do like the older hotels. Normally wen I stay at the Sheraton, I always have a suite and of the four hotel chains I use, the Sheraton nearly always has the cheapest suites. The lobby is not as fancy as in many of the other hotels, but it is big enough for me. The club lounge options and services are average, not as good as for example in Hilton KL Central or in Doubletree.
But in the Sheraton the rooms are larger than in most hotels. And the suites are the biggest I have been in. The suite has a proper walk-in wardrobe with a big safe which is good if you for some reason want to put your laptop in the safe.
In general, the In-room service is better than KL average and you will have more choices than in for example Le Meridien.
Location is a little off from main routes or hubs and many guests therefore take taxis. It may be good to take the phone number of a taxi if you want to ensure that you can get back when it rains. It will be expensive, but sure beats waiting for an hour or two. Sometimes I call the hotel to send me a taxi.
Service is seamless and check-in/out fast both in the club lounge and the ground floor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about our room size, service level and speed of check-in/out.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After booking a room for 4 night online, about 2weeks in advance..

Told us there is no room avail - can not do anything but only to downgrade without no refund
Tried to charge us both when check-in and out - at the end I have double charged
Have to call at least twice for room clean - they dont even replace towels in tab, they just place the used towel back to where they were
Receptionist always just chat and play on their phone

There were way too much to write down.

After having the worst experience at Sheraton, I have found out I was double charged for that downgraded room. No word for it.
In a process of refunding at the moment, which is extremely slow.

The whole experience there was very frustrating and irritating.

Room Tip: Do not stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hannahba
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your feedback on the overall experience during check in. The team told me that it was a pre-authorisation requirement as the booking was made via Online Travel Agent. So it was not charged to your credit card on check-out as the amount was released. The team also got in touch with yourself to explain the details and we do apologize for any inconvinience caused. On your other feedbacks, we have taken note to ensure we improve our service level.

We hope the following isolated incident wont deter you from returning to the Sheraton Imperial KL again! Best Regards, Chuck Abbott