“Super Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Pune, India
“Super Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was Christmas at the time, and the Imperial was done really well!
Very festive, full of lights, color and a TALL Christmas tree. Just the thing to set you in the mood for the festive season.

Well located, this 5 Star + property lives up to the Sheraton legacy. And is part of the Star Preferred Loyalty program

Eat:
The Food here is AWESOME!
And the Choice will spoil you silly.
A breakfast they have live juice counters, 'Mee' Soup counter, the egg counter, Salads, Local, Continental and Indian (surprise!) fare, the super breads and confectionary counter, the salad and fruit counter, the cereal counter - yup, you won't go hunger! Infact you'd be more than tempted to over eat.
Lunch and dinner is as much a delight, with the local, and international fares, and ample salads. The live counters will depend on the chef, but your can be assured that Italian, Chinese and Continental are covered.
And what is not, can always be ask for or is covered in the A La Carte menu.
Food - Check!

Sleep:
You sink into the beds, and want to stay there!
Soft, and springy.The pillows and quilts will also intice you to stay in bed.

Room n Facilities:
The bathrooms are a dream! with each area well slotted and yet has enough space to let you walk around. It also well stocked. And what ever else you need you can call for based on their amenities list.

Drinking water is complimentary (or at least two ½ lt. bottles per day are)
They have a walk in wardrobe so that your room is not cluttered with you luggage.

They view on the side facing the 'Maju' Centre is city view but not cluttered since the Maju is the only next nearest tall building, and that is a distance away.
The view on the other side is slightly cluttered, because of adjacent tall buildings, but the plus is you can see the twin towers (and maybe the KL tower too) from this side.

It's clean and well maintained.

Getting There:
In off peak hours you'll take about 90 minutes. In peak hours - all the best!
There is a monorail station just about a couple of minutes away if you want to travel around the city and beat traffic.
The concierge can also help you with local and special taxi's.

What you can expect:
(+)
A great time, Super food, and a very comfortable and memorable stay.

(-)
The AC's are a problem in most rooms. They either stay at one level, and this makes it too cold, or then they don't work. In one of the rooms, I saw a pedestal fan put in!

Recommended:
The food!
And a great stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: They view on the side facing the 'Maju' Centre is city view but not cluttered since the Maju...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rayne_Mann
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our holiday decorations, the food, our signature breakfast, the comfort of our beds, and our spacious bathrooms. THank you for sharing your comments regarding the Air Conditioning which i will review with our Engineering team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial on future visits to KL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Witney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton for five nights over New Year 2013 in a Club Room ... paying a little extra for the benefits that come with booking this room of this standard is well worth it and incredible good value. The Club Lounge made our stay top notch and we took advantage of the cocktails each evening and the complimentary drinks during the day. We took note of other comments and ate our breakfast in the main restaurant downstairs which was incredibly good ... it was always very busy, being peak time, but there was never a food shortage and staff were efficient and friendly at all times. The room itself was on the 33rd floor, very well appointed with a lovely view of the Petronas Tower - so great views of the fireworks on New Years Eve.
The other facilities at the hotel were very nice - gym, pool, whirlpool etc
I recommend paying for the 'Limousine' service from KL airport - this was fast, efficient and really took the stress out of having to find our way to Sheraton from the airport. You do pay for this but it was worth it. On the way back we took a regular taxi booked by the hotel. We also took advantage of the free shuttle bus put on by the hotel to various attractions.
This was our first experience staying five star in Asia - and all the reputation for superb customer service in the region was a joy to experience! We can not wait to treat ourselves to this again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton Club lounge, our other facilities, the view of the Petronas Twin Towers, the limousine service and our complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial on future visits to KL.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for nearly a week at the hotel. Though the lobby, rooms and restaurants are nothing great, the views of the Petronas and KL tower make up for it. The executive club floor has just stunning views of the Petronas Tower, and is fantastic during the evening cocktail hour. Fabulous location as well, in the Golden Triangle area, and connect with a mono-rail to all the key hotspots

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a view!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the views of Petronas Twin Towers from our hotel, the Sheraton Club LOunge and convenience of the monorail for exploring KL. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial on future visits to KL.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very nice and comfortable rooms. One big advantage is the proximity to monorail - so travelling across the city becomes very easy - you wont get stuck in traffic on roads. Its just 2 stops away from shopping areas via monorail. We stayed during new year's eve and could see the fireworks near Petronas towers from our room window! And the Christmas decorations inside the hotel were very nice. There is nothing much to do around the hotel as such once you step out - there are a few pubs outside, but not great locality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton_Imperial_KL, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the location of the hotel within the train hubs and glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial again if Kuala Lumpur is part your future travel plan. Best Regards, Chuck Abbott
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night during transit to Bali as I got a great deal on Travelocity.com. The standard room did not include breakfast so I purchased it the next morning and although I was a little ticked to pay $20 USD for a breakfast buffet it was far worth it. In fact, I think the breakfast was so worth it that I don't really think I needed all those options and I probably should of just ordered room service for cheaper. Who needs ice cream for breakfast? However the breakfast buffet is by far 5 star quality but I don't recommend paying extra for it unless you are willing to indulge.

The evening I arrived, as well the following day I spent a total of about 4 hours in the spa. There is one for men and one for women and they have a nice steam room, wooden sauna room, indoor large jacuzzi tub, locker room, and even a sitting area near the locker room where you can sit in comfy chairs and read a magazine in a robe. I really enjoyed this area as it was very relaxing, especially after a 7 hour flight.

The pool area was nice but I didn't try it much since there was light rain during that morning/afternoon.

The staff are all very friendly and professional!

Some things I didn't like about the hotel was that the WIFI was very weak. You can only get free WIFI in the lobby, however I spent about 20 minutes there trying to get my iPhone to hook up to the WIFI and it never worked so I gave up, perhaps it was just my device.

I had three meals at the hotel and although this is quite a silly request I have to say that the white cloth napkins are very stiff and not very comfortable to use. Just thought I would note that. lol

When I had checked in I asked if I could pay extra for late check-out at 2 or 2:30 instead of noon because I had a late flight. The kind woman who checked me in said that there was no charge and the latest I could check out was 3PM. I graciously accepted that and happily went to my room...
The next day at 1:30 PM when I was taking a shower after arriving back to my room from the spa and getting ready to check out I was startled by the sound of a housekeeper banging on my door. I heard them open the door but I had the security latch on. I quickly got dressed and then the phone rang, it was the front desk manager kindly asking when I was planning on checking out. I told him that the person whom I checked in with yesterday said it was fine for me to check out up to 3PM and that actually I should be down in about 20 minutes. He was very understanding and apologized for the inconvenience. This didn't upset me or anything but it did startle me, and had it have been woman in my place I would think she would of been terrified.

If they are going to allow guests to check out late for no charge, they should communicate that in the computer system and to the housekeeping staff so there is no confusion.

I really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something anything wrong with this hotel, it really did impress me very much and despite that one moment of miscommunication I will certainly be returning to this hotel in the near future.

Great work Sheraton!

Room Tip: Get a room high up. I read some other reviews about music being too loud from the clubs next door, I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay and appreciate your positive comments about our signature breakfast, Mandara Spa, friendly associates and the late check out. You will be pleased to learn we have recently upgraded our internet and wifi service throughout the hotel. Thank you for your comments about the napkins and late checkout internal communications. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial on future visits to KL.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Right in the heart of the city. 2 mins from Petronas. The room I stayed in had an amazing view of the tower. Huge room, nice lobby, polite staff. Wonderful experience

And the rates offered will just blow your mind..total value for money

Room Tip: Choose room with Petrona view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the location of the hotel within the train hubs, room size and friendliness our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial again if Kuala Lumpur is part of your future travel plan. Best Regards, Chuck Abbott
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Right off the Medan tuanku monorail stop, the Sheraton imperial was just perfect with short transit within the city. As a member of the SPG was given an early check in however facing the monorail station, meaning the 'pub street' was right in front of where my room faces, it was very noisy at night with the pub/ clubs going on business till 5am! You can clearly hear the bangs and disco noises!
Other than that service was fantastic. Had problem with the air con the technician came up within 10 minutes and had it fixed.
Room service was very efficient as well! Meal came up within 15 minutes after placin order!
I had this night booked under aeroplan miles redemption for only 11000 points! Great deal! Would love to visit again some day!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comment about the location of the hotel within the train hubs and friendliness our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Imperial again! Best Regards, Chuck Abbott