“Hotel with excellent staffs”
Review of Melia Kuala Lumpur

Melia Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #40 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was introduced to Melia KL by my sister in law. After reading the mixed reviews in Tripadvisor, wife and I decided to give it a try due to its location (very near Imbi train station with malls next and opposite to the hotel).

After 3 days of stay, I can only say that this is one of the hotels that has got excellent staffs. Wife and I travels up to 6 times a year for holidays (minus business trips) and both of us agreed that this is one of the best experience we had. The team comprising of Mr Adrian Prado, Ms Natasha Kamaruzaman and Mr Shailendra Bala worked so well with my wife to give me a surprise birthday celebration. It was so well coordinated that I did not noticed anything amiss till the surprises came (3 times in 2 days). These staffs are the gems of the hotel that made the stay a good experience.

As the hotel is dated, the room needs to be renovated. The pillows needs to be changed as well. And do request for a room not facing the main road as we could hear the horning from vehicles pretty clearly from the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Choose 1 that is not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear x_rev,

Thank you so much for your compliments and thank you for your trust in Melia Kuala Lumpur. We glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

On this note, we are pleased to share that we are planning on major renovation, unfortunately we unable to let you know the date and hope you understand. However, your opinion is essential to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve the hotel services and offerings.

Once again thank you for the great feedback.

Best regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel has a excellent location opposite Times Square shopping centre & Imbi Monorail station.

The rooms offer good value for money and the staff were very helpful.

However, the restaurant was not good!! Not wanting to go out in the heavy rain 7 not having found any where to eat in Times Square shopping centre opposite, I decided to eat in the Melia Hotel restaurant.
Unfortunately, the staff were not very attentive and just did not understand that I wanted my steak medium rare!! When it did arrive it was over cooked and the French Fries were cold and the waiter just could not understand!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear BozUK,

Thank you for have chosen Melia Kuala Lumpur.

With regards to your comments on our staff at the restaurant, I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience that you have had during dining In at our restaurant.

I am pleased to inform you that we have review your comments with the department involved in order that we can improve more in the future.

In closing, we wish to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and greatly appreciate your kind patronage. We would certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Melia, Kuala Lumpur in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Even with a good location being opposite Times Square shopping centre, it is a very dated hotel and not really good for business travel. Would suit the holiday traveller and families. The rooms are big and handy having a couch. The bathrooms are small though with the shower over the bathtub. The furniture is definately 70's vintage mission brown and new carpet is needed.

For the business traveller, it is missing some real basics like number of power sockets and having international plugs fitted. a very important one is there is no power socket next to the bed on either side.. I had to ask for an extention lead for my CPAP machine.

The staff have been very accommodating and friendly and helpful. Great place for the budget traveller but not for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Adrian_ace,

Thank you for have choosen Melia Kuala Lumpur for your recent stay and also thank you for all the feedback given.

On this note, we are pleased to share that we have plans for a complete guestroom renovation in the near future which will help us better cater to the changing needs of our discerning guests such as you and allow us to stay competitive against new hotels.

Lastly, we wish to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and greatly appreciate your kind patronage. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you
back to Melia Kuala Lumpur

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at Melia for 3 nights last May, 2013, with my family. Though the hotel is old with stained carpets in the hallway, our room, especially the bathroom, was very well-maintained. The hotel staff were very kind and accommodating, and cleaned our room as often as we requested. The breakfast buffet was good for a 3 day stay, with enough variety to choose from. We especially had a great time thanks to the hotel's transport service provider and owner, Mr. Dan and Ms. Ann, and our very patient driver, Sham.

The hotel is strategically located at the city center and is within walking distance to different bus stops and the monorail. We spotted 2 hawker centers within walking distance to the hotel (though I'm sure there's more), and the Go KL bus, a free bus ride for tourists and citizens, stops beside Berjaya Timesquare, which is smack across Melia. A great hotel choice when travelling on a budget with kids, thanks to the indoor amusement park inside Berjaya Timesquare, and to the conveniently located bus stop #6 of the KL hop on-hop off bus tour. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MQGDMD
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear MQGDMD,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate your kind compliments on our Teams.

Your positive observation when shared with our colleagues would certainly motivate them further to fulfill our mission of completely delight and satisfy our guests.

Will certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Melia Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you once again and be well.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at Melia Hotel with my husband, parents and 2 young kids from 12-15 June. This is the 2nd time I have chosen this hotel due to its location. Very convenient and near to the Bukit Bintang shopping belt. Also it is just opposite Berjaya Times Square. Breakfast is average but I would need to highlight the service of the breakfast manager. My families are vegetarian and we are not able to consume the staple food. When i request him to prepare noodles for us, he asked the kitchen to prepare a very big portion for us. For subsequent morning, he also asked the kitchen to prepare for us with different variety.
The hotel also prepared a birthday cake from my parents after I told them my parents' birthday is in June.
I will definitely return to Melia if I were to visit KL again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Mrs. Ang,

Great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your confident and trust in Melia Kuala Lumpur.

Your feedback are essential to the hotel, so that we can continually strive harder so that all of our valued guests, such as you can enjoy the highest level of hospitality.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we will be very pleased to welcome you again for another visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Location of this hotel is just right opposite of Berjaya Times Square (massive shopping center). It is also walking distance to many of other shopping center. So, it is perfect for shopping.

The breakfast variety and quality were just average, but the service was great especially from the breakfast manager.

The room itself is not as old as what I expected from reading some of the reviews. It is spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean too.

The bellboy gave a fantastic service. Very friendly and posses a great knowledge of the hotel and the city.

I hit the gym during my stay, it wasn't big but it's enough for workout during holiday.

The only letdown was that I had to pay RM3 every time I leave the carpark with my car. It's not so much about the money as it's not much, but I thought it would be fair if a staying guess get free parking.

Overall my stay in the hotel was good. I am happy with the amount that I had to pay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear MarliDaksina,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Really appreciate on the comments given.
We will take note on your comments, so that we can improved more in the future.

Looking forward to welcome you again next visit.

Thank you for your kind patronage and be well!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Melia Hotel for four nights. Everything about the hotel was great, the staff were especially outstanding which I noticed when I first entered the hotel. The meals in the restaurant were great, many excellent meals on the menu to suit our appetite.
The hotel has a nice bar where you can have a beer or coffee and you can sit and relax. The mono-rail is only meters away and other public transport is handy. The rooms were good and well maintained.
Shopping plazas' were convenient especially SG Wang Plaza where Parkson Store is, don't miss this store.
The only thing against the hotel was there no free WiFi.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and A/C quite I'm not sure what side we were on but it good as far we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Meliakualalumpur_11, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Vin R,

Thank you for your confidence to stay with us. We hope you are enjoying your experience and greatly appreciate on your kind compliments.

We have taken note of your comments on the provision of complimentary Wi-Fi service. Due to the high cost of quality bandwidth in Kuala Lumpur most hotels charge for Wi-Fi accordingly. However, we will continue to review our pricing policy on a routine basis as part of our benchmarking analysis to ensure we are in keeping with the market situation.

Last but not least, we will definately look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards and be well,