InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Element Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
GTower Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
Sakura Boutique Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
2,835 results
All reviewsserena brasserieambassador memberpetronas towersthe club loungejalan ampangampang park stationpremier roomroom upgradefree shuttlechinese restaurantbusiness tripking bedbreakfast buffet isfive star hotellate checkfew minutes walkshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here in October for 5 nights with my girlfriend. Checked in within minutes and was asked if like upgrade to club room but declined and stayed in Grand Premier new refurbished room we were also offered late checkout 2pm. The room met all expectations large clean and the best comfortable beds with a very large bathroom. The swimming pool and area i would not rate as 5 star but 4 star but i was there to shop not swim. The hotel is 10 minute walk to Petronas Towers. They have a free shuttle daily that can drop you off at the Towers or in the city which we did use and you can be picked up as well on the hour. The driver was very helpful. The breakfast buffett was devine with a large range of food. Overall all the staff were always very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel but if you are in KL purely for shopping then maybe choose a hotel a bit closer to the main shopping area as then you would not require the shuttle bus even though it was only 10 minute drive into main shopping area.

Room Tip: pay extra for Grand Premier room as newly refurbished and you won't be dissappointed
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
DamianDC, HotelStaff at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Angelica13,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here with us! So glad you were able to experience our warm InterContinental hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. The location is very good and I have no complaints about the staff. There were nice and helpful with us. Hotel facilities in general are ok, but, I have 2 things who being not perfect and require improvement. The first is the executive lounge, because it's not as per all the others Intercontinental hotel's standard I saw. It's very very small and I saw many guests who needed to wait outside or came back their room because no seat. It's not so nice and comfortable as well. However, the staff gave us a good service. The second is my room. I had an upgrade to the Suite, but it's smelled smoke so much, and it's been very noisy with a continuous sound of the elevator (i think) and woke-up me often during my sleep. If the management focus on these points and improve that, it's will be a very good hotel to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pierre D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and regret to read about the smoke smell and truly apologize that you had to experience this. We hope that you will not be deterred from returning to the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur and ask that you contact us at feedback@intercontinental-kl.com.my to allow us to further assist and improve in our overall service.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Once a cab drops you off before the entrance in the middle of the day you immediately feel the spirit: business. Downtown. When you come in and approach the reception this feeing becomes even stronger… To be honest, I was a bit confused because it was not a business trip at all (me + my wife + 2.5 year old) and what looks & feels normal in that kind of voyages was grievous that day: lots of business people meeting, talking, discussing, disputing, laughing, quarrelling, drinking coffee, etc. However, the hotel turned out to be not so formal and businesslike like it had seemed initially.
Our room was located on a non-smoking floor (which was great!). It was spacious, clean, the bathroom contained both a shower cabin and a bath, all standard items were in place (shower caps, soap, shampoo, etc.), a minibar with drinks and snacks, 2 bottles of water (for free, replenished on daily basis), a kettle, tea/coffee (free). I liked the advanced light & air condition management system which was very convenient and easy to handle. The business-corner was a nice touch though I did not often use it – a table with a lamp, a rolling chair and a couple of multi-standard outlets – so – YEAH! - no need for adaptors. Wi-Fi performed pretty well though I had to register all my devices in order to use them simultaneously otherwise once I used one it disconnected the other. When I did not use any phone or a tablet for a while it was being disconnected automatically quite shortly.
Breakfast was just perfect and I found its variety amazing! You will find here both European and Asian cuisine. The dinner which we had once before the departure was splendid as well and I have to say that the hotel makes a different impression in the evenings – the business spirit fades and you feel yourself like a good traveler. The staff was very welcome and helpful, people sincerely smiled when saw my kid and did not forget her when we were serviced. When I found out that there were other families who had chosen the Intercontinental KL for their residence like we’d done I calmed down and just enjoyed…
The only negative was the check-out. It was almost midnight, one guy at the reception and … a queue! I was the third and there soon 2 people behind me. I spent more than 15 minutes waiting and – thanks God! – another guy arrived, invited me and the procedure was completed in 5 minutes.
It will take you not less than 10 minutes to reach the KLCC and the Petronas Twin Towers by foot, however, taxis are always there and a subway station is within 1 minute walk from the hotel. The next station has an exit right to the shopping mall under the Towers.
The bottom line: the hotel is the best choice if you travel for business purposes or solo but as far as families are concerned I’d recommend looking for something else.. nothing is wrong with the hotel, just the spirit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vMNBv

Dear vMNBv,

We appreciate the time you took to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. Glad to know the amenities provided in the room made your morning while staying with us! We would be delighted to have you back for your next visit!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked the hotel based on the name of the chain. Was disappointed with the services and staff general attitude, they miss the known gestures of Malaysia, the SMILE. You notice and hear complaints around you. You need to stand at reception and you can hear,
Strange things noticed once the time of breakfast is over, at 10:30. Workers will start piling garbage’s just beside people who are still eating. This is very strange. Not only that, you may need to ask more than once to get a basic item on your table such as salt or black pepper.
Rooms need maintenance and no one attends basic items repair: burnt lamp.

Room Tip: NOT to go with the option upgrade to ckub room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KHOBARCAT

Dear KHOBARCAT,

To ensure that our team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, we would be grateful to have the opportunity to discuss your recent stay experience in more detail at a time convenient to you. Please do reach us at feedback@intercontinental-kl.com.my for us to rectify and address your concerns. Thank you.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental in KL for the final night on my recent tour of SE Asia. I prepaid for a room to get their good advance purchase rate but instead of taking the correct amount, the hotel took over 1400 MYR (US $440) extra from my card. It took a month and several emails to get the overcharged amount refunded. Although the emails were always apologetic, this is a very poor customer experience.

At check in they spent ages trying to find me an upgraded room (although I had not asked for one) because I am an IHG Platinum member. The desk clerk's English was very bad so whilst I waited I was not clear what he was trying to do. It took 15-20 minutes to check in - not what you want when you have just flown in from another country and have a business meeting to go to.

After waiting all this time, I was given my original room and told I would be given 2,000 extra points. I noted when I checked my IHG rewards account that this was listed as a "Non-qualifying stay" with no points. I have no idea why so I had to send another request, after which they accepted they had made another mistake and they were added.

The room was OK - nothing special and no better than the Crowne Plaza I stayed in earlier in the week. Some fruit was delivered that looked sad - an animal had nibbled the pear in advance!
There was a broken electrical outlet (socket) so I had to unplug the lamp to power my laptop. (When you stay for just one night there is no time to get broken items fixed). Photos of both are attached.

The location is very good, near to KLCC and the subway station.
The buffet breakfast was fine and reasonable value when purchased at check-in.
Overall this is certainly well below the normal standard I expect for an Intercontinental hotel.

PostScript.
Perhaps the most irritating thing is that I wrote the above review and posted it on the IHG reviews site. I got a confirmation on 3rd October 2013 saying “Thank you for submitting your hotel review and helping future guests learn more about our hotels. Click here to see your review, as well as the reviews of other guests on our website”, but to date (one week later) it has not appeared. I can only conclude that IHG censor reviews posted on their site and do not publish any that are unfavourable. That makes their site worthless IMO.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ExDirectory
DamianDC, Area Senior Manager - Distribution & Relationship Marketing at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear ExDirectory,

Thank you very much for the feedback and we sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered. We would like to have the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn and follow up to improve our overall services. Please feel free to contact us at feedback@intercontinental-kl.com.my and we look forward to hearing from you.