“So much improvement it is recognisable”

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
melbourne
“So much improvement it is recognisable”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had stayed here last year and swore that I would never return. However I was persuaded by an ex Crowne Plaza staff member Halilah to give it another chance and I am really glad I did. The chance was obvious the second the cab door opened. Porters were there to greet me and take my luggage. Check in was reasonably quick and my room was perfect. The club lounge service was far friendlier and more welcoming as was the whole attitude of the hotel staff. I think there is still room for improvement in food and beverage especially the range of food available for breakfast. Also there is not a proper gym in the hotel. However I was amazed at how much the hotel has improved. It is a credit to the management to achieve such a change in the service culture in such a short time. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club rooms have super king beds which are huge
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. It is fairly close to the new KLCC park and Shopping centre.
The service was excellent. I had mentioned to the reception it was my birthday and was spontaneously sent up a birthday cake cookeis and chocolates that evening.
well done to the great staff at this hotel. i originally planned to stay only 3 nights but extended my stay another 2.
The price was very reasobnable.
Good selection for breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the KLCC park it does not get the sun as much in te afternoons which can be ver...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights during a trip around Asia earlier this year. The room was an upgrade on the standard rooms and was a great size, the facilities within the room included a separate shower and bath and the room was kept very clean by friendly and helpful domestic staff…. This however is not to be said for any of the other staff I encountered during my stay.

From having to wait an hour at check in for them to find me a room, even though I arrived in the afternoon and had made my booking months in advance.
The staff in the restaurant were rude and often chose to ignore us rather than assist with taking our order. The only time became proactive was in presenting the bill, which on two separate occasions was presented to me whilst still having a mouthful of food in my mouth and proceeding to thrust it into my face and stand at the table until it was signed.

In a city where great hotels are available on most corners in KLCC it is not hard to find a better. With the new four seasons opening close by this hotel needs to pick its game up or lose a lot of business…. For me the other hotel offers far better service and great accommodation for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear 829ChrisA,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are delighted to read you found the rooms clean and the domestic staff friendly and helpful. However, we regret falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. Overall the hotel is excellent.

Location: very close to the Petronas tower. Approx. 5 minutes walk. Nothing to say about it.

Room: clean, modern and spacious. Bathroom was very clean and well maintained.

Staff: very helpful and proactive. Hotel guys arrange for you the meter taxis quite fast.
Concierge helped us to organized and recommended us some places to visit for our 2 nights stay in Kuala Lumpur.
Check-in and check-out was quick!

We did not experience the swimming pool but it looked nice and clean. Neither we tried the breakfast: food and beverages are expensive. There are few shops around the hotel.

Special attention: a plate of fruits, cookies and chocolate (truffles) in room were available! Thx for that!

• Stayed April 2013
Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel, nice rooms and wonderful staff.
We had flight delays and the hotel staff was very helpful in arranging our airport transfers.
Club lounge does get a bit crowded so more seating or bigger space would be good. Service and food was of good standard,
Pillows are werid.. either very hard or very very very soft....like a large pillow case with a bit of cotton wool inside. You need at least 6 to make it into one soft pillow.
The hotel shuttle to Petronas Tower and KLCC was convenient or you can walk.
There is a weird shabby shopping centre across the street.
Check out was a bit slow, despite having arranged express check out.. We were suppose to just go down stairs to pick up our bill but ended up waiting for almost 10mins.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in April 2013 for two nights in Kuala Lumpur. We arrived late and the hotel arranged for airport transfer directly to the hotel, with fast check-in and a packet of information about KL and the main attractions, districts, sights, bars and restaurants in the area. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Petronas Twin Towers and KLCC. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are big, clean, comfortable and have an air of luxury.

The restaurants and bars in and around the hotel are incredibly expensive, so be aware. There are plenty of options in the area, and the concierge is willing to provide recommendations outside the hotel without bias.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Coomera, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights over easter. What a a fantastic hotel. The buffet breakfast was soo good with all different cusines to try (my favourite was always the indian). The staff are very helpful and very prompt service without being over the top. This is a first class hotel and would recommend anybody to stay here, the location is a 5min walk to the towers and just across the road is the subway which is very quick and easy to use. Room service was also excellent and very high class of food. I will definitely return to this hotel in fact it was hard for us all to leave. Well done to the manager who obviously takes pride in all areas of the hotel. We stayed in a refurbished room and the bed was enormous, yes there is building going on across the road but that did not bother us because once the curtains were closed you could not hear the noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family