“What you expect”

Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Oslo
“What you expect”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here during the Fomula 1 weekend. Apart from a little difficulty with the staff at check in the stay at the hotel met my expectations but it did not exceed it. The area is nice and the staff is helpful with giving advice and hailing cabs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Executive at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear OsloWorld_traveler,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that our staff were helpful and attentive during your stay.

With that being said, we have taken note on your points written regarding your difficulty during check in and we thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Zoe Chaplin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first

Near the metro station
Center of the city
10mins walk from KLCC great mall

Breakfast:
Many choices from eastern to western food.There breakfast is considered to be excellent

Lobby is always crowded

There rooms are dark not luxury as other intercontinental branches around the world

Wifi is said to be free but i got charged for using it in the room guess the loppy wifi is free only

my flight was at 8pm so spoke to the reception they told me i can check out till 1pm with out an charge and could keep my luggage with them and pick them any time before i go to the airport without any charge.So i did not worry where to leave my stuff after my check out.

Swimming Pool was clean but small compared to other InterContinental hotels.

Finally enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah T,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for taking time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear your recent stay at our hotel was comfortable and that you enjoyed the excellent breakfast at Serena Brasserie as well as personalised service at the concierge lounge.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 1, 2013

As a InterContinental Royal Ambassador I very frequent visit IC hotels around the world. I stay mostly 150 nights and more per year in different hotels. But I have to say that the IC in Kuala Lumpur was one of the worst I have ever visit. It was my 3rd visit in this hotel and its not getting better, not its becoming more painful to be there a "guest". It all starts with the reservation. I made it online via a hotel booking page. Getting back my confirmation and voucher. So I contact the IC to get a limousine transfer and add my Royal Ambassador No. to the booking. Shortly I get an email that my reservation was canceled by the hotel. What? I contact the booking page and they are also very confused because never had this problem again. So some emails and calls later the IC told me it was a mistake. Well not the best start.

So after arriving in KUL on the 28th in the evening and the checkin at the ambassador front desk we got our room. As a royal ambassador you get very high upgrades. But this time they seem to ignore it? Just got te room 1115. Lower floor. And it was no upgrade. The worst part of the room is that it had a connection door. And so you could hear the people in the other room as they are in your room. Very annoying! You hear things that you don`t want to hear. Beside there is also a large constructing area outside it was so noisy that you can`t find any sleep until they stop the work.

Well a bit tired we went to the breakfast buffet. First of all the choice is good but the quality of the food is poor in most parts. The egg preparation is terrible. You get an omelet that mostly taste like nothing. And on the vegetables and fruits you can find dirt. So it was not washed properly.

But that was not the worst part of the breakfast:

One day later we got a table for breakfast and got our coffee and tea. We went to buffet and come back with our table is now occupied from other guests. Yes they even drink from our coffee and tea out of our used cubs!! How can the stuff let this happen?!

And if it come to the stuff even the checkout was one of the worst I have ever had in a hotel like this. We checked out 31. and I went down to the ambassador desk. The unfriendly man from the checkin was there again. No warm greeting. He pulled the bill, placed it next to me, not in front of me. I payed no question how it was, maybe he know how bad it was?! Than no goodbye have a save journey or what ever. Even he not called the limousine so we have to go to the next counter and say we are ready to go!!!

All in all it was the worst experience I have ever had in an IC hotel. Even cheaper hotels in the 3 or 4 star section don`t act like this.

For me it was my last stay in this hotel and not only for me I think.

Room Tip: High floor. All other is to noisy because of the large construction outside.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
15 Thank arneworld
Dear macarne,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, we do apologise for the unsatisfactory service offered to you during your stay, it is certainly not the impression nor the experience we wish our loyal guests to receive. We have shared your feedback with our management for them to take the appropriate action to address the shortcomings you have highlighted with their respective teams.

With respect to your comments in regards the room allocation, you were, in accordance with Ambassador policy, offered the complimentary upgrade based on your booking of a Deluxe room to our "Executive Grand Premium" room. In comparison to other InterContinental's we have more room categories on offer and limited suites. Furthermore our most recently renovated rooms are from levels 8 through 12 - rooms above this are older in style (including Club) and yet to be renovated.

We thank you for taking the time to highlight to us your experiences so we can address them and improve. We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

DKI Jakarta
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Love this hotel! Stay here for 4 days 3 nights back in 2010 and it is still manage by Nikko Hotel. Large dan spacious room. Close to everywhere, 7 minutes walk to KLCC but the hotel provide free shuttle to KLCC, Bukit Bintang and surround downtown KL.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Executive at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear FJDaiker,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for providing us your valuable comments on your recent stay here at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and amazing location.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in near future!

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Returning again after a fantastic stay last July, I was not disappointed. Booked a club room, on arrival, greeted, by the same staff as before, everything efficiently carried out, with a smile and in a way no other hotel staff around he world can achieve. We were upgraded, and given a room for a shower, as the new room was not ready for an hour. A J and the boys in the club lounge, provide an amazing personal service, always remember your meal requests, and favourite drinks. These staff are the biggest asset to the hotel. The food is excellent and the rooms are clean, and well maintained. A must if staying in KL

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank btonboz
GM_ICKL, Marketing Communications Executive at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear btonboz,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is a great pleasure to hear that you had such a memorable experience here at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. We are glad that our rooms, Club Lounge and especially the personalised quality service from our staff were up to your expectations. This is what it should be like at our hotel and I will share your valuable comments with our team which I am sure with inspire them.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you once again for your supportive comments.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

i booked 2rooms for 2nights each, paying the same price for each room. both were suppose to come with breakfast but when we were there the front desk said only 1came w breakfast. i asked for them to check through and they said will let us know by next morning. however, when i went to ask the next morning, i was asked to wait again to speak to the manager. i waited an hour to speak to her. she insisted i made a mistake in my booking and even though she could not explain why the booking were same price, made on same date. she told me repeatedly "this is a good lesson for you for future bookings!" i was very disappointed with the service. considering that I've stayed in several other intercontinental and even hosted my wedding banquet in Singapore intercontinental i really did not expect such poor service and condescending attitude from a 5star hotel manager. the hotel rooms were great n interior nice but there are so many options out there. with the price i paid, this standard of service is unacceptable and i will not return again.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank bubblyjane1806
Dear bubblyjane1806,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking your time to share your valuable feedback with us on Trip Advisor. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges during your recent stay with us. We have taken note on your comments and shared it with the reservation and the front desk to seek solutions. We express our deepest regret about the poor service and attitude you encountered from the manager in particular, and we will take steps to make sure that it will not happen again.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I had 3 nights here. Welcomed by staff, check-in was polite and friendly and explained the benefits. I purchased a special offer upgrade to have access to club room and include Internet and breakfast.

Room was amazing with fine attention to detail. Bed was hard (I am used I a softbed) but found it a delite to sleep on with the amazing memory foam pilliows.

Club room was tidy and staff very attentive. Enjoyed my experience there.

The only downside was the breakfast buffet, te first morning I was advised its not included in my room. I had to get the receipt or my ypgrade and take this to reception for then to advise the restaurant so I was able to sit down. By this time breakfast had almost finished and I had to rush though it.

The second day I was ushed though to a table in the corner whig was still dirty I had to stand and wait while they cleaned the table. They asked if I wanted tea or coffee I politely requested coffee. Collected food from the buffet and was brought a bill to sign or my breakfast as it is not included.

Again had to attend the reception for them to again advise the restaurant it is included.
Still no coffee at this time had to ask another staff member who is not seem to care.

After stressing my concern with reception they assured me it I would be be asked in the 3rd day to pay for breakfast and gladly this was true.

Over all I would stay here again but would not take up any breakfast offers as it was not a stressful and embarrassing experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Ollied12,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests and it is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, facilities and personalised service. Your comments will definitely inspire all of us to work harder and to strive for excellence in providing the best to our guests.

With that being said please accept our apologies for the experience at Serena Brasserie during breakfast. It has been brought to our teams attention and we will strive to prevent it from happening again in the future.

We look forward to your next stay with us.