This is the recently refurbished "Nikko" (Japanese) hotel, the location near KL Twin Towers is good however I had some problems (reservation "rate" booked inclusions) which were not addressed and the room was noisy all night due to thin windows and medium traffic in the area.
- room size is good
- aircon units quiet and not on your face, ,well regulated
- noisy in rooms as windows single pane and busy area of town
- no coffee / drinks making facilities visibility
- reserved direct after checkinh expedia thinking they had price parity, but rate did not include breakfast or the wifi (wifi is a very expensive at 17-20USD/day). FO staff said my rtae did not include so I contacted management the same evening: THREE days to get aa reply by which time had left.
- poor management service and poor enablement of FO staff
- though large rooms and "refurbished", the hotel had a sombre and dark feeling also quite impersonal (carpets on floors dark) along with old room feeling and layouts made it also quite impersonal. Needs new colours chemes, renewed bathroom layout (lucky I am not 190cm as would have problam with shower, JP heated toilet but looked old, no swivel shaving mirror, etc).
I will not be in a hurry to return to the intercon (or IHG) in KL and will be actively recommending people not to book on their website and to be careful as stff and maanagement will not atte,mpt to address their problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel in the heart of Malaysia, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers one of the most sought after locations in the city, making it an ideal urban retreat for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is just steps away from the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and within walking distance to countless other shopping and entertainment activities. Choose to work in comfort or luxury in the 473 spaciously designed rooms, including 110 newly renovated Grand Premier Rooms that feature modern, earth tone furnishings and state-of-the-art enhancements. Wine and dine in style with a selection of restaurants including the award-wining Tatsu Japanese Restaurant, Tao Chinese Cuisine, Serena Brasserie, OneSixFive and Bentley's Pub. InterContinental Kuala Lumpur also boasts eight meeting rooms and two conference venues to host memorable events from an intimate group of 20 or a large conference of 600 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko Hotel
- Nikko Kuala Lumpur