“Very Satisfying Experience”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #13 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel's condition, location and staff service was excellent. The free wi-fi was a plus, but I particularly appreciated how helpful the concierge service was. And they knew our names after just our first contact. The pool was really impressive and if I were ever to return to the city, I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear eklein5823,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy to learn that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us. I appreciate your positive review and will definitely share this with the team at concierge.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Been here last June 2014 for a week, the hotel room is nice , choose the one facing the lake as it gives serenity.. The other side is facing the KL Sentral Train platform and a good view of the city (at high floor). Try the pool and spa , it's quite a space as I believe they share it with the adjacent hotel. Foods and amenities are fine.

Room Tip: Choose the side which is facing the lake garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Roy_T_Sgp,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. With the new integrated 'green lifestyle' mall, NU Sentral open; Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is the perfect destination for leisure and business since there will be more walk options in term of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

We look forward to your next visit soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

After a 1 year absence, I returned to the Le Meridien KL for a 2N weekend. I was upgraded to a Club Suite using Platinum Suite Night Awards. The bedroom room was large and had a separate living room (great for watching the World Cup without disturbing the other occupants).

The Club Lounge had great views, plus good food and wines during cocktail hour. Breakfast spread in Secret Recipe was impressive, but lacked a freshly squeezed juice section. Swimming pool had many deck chairs and on this weekend being the start of the Malaysian school holidays was filled with families, making a leisurely swim challenging. All staff I met were courteous and warm. The Club Lounge was operating at full capacity during Happy Hour on Sunday evening, but yet the staff managed to smile! I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a new mid size mall call Nu Sentral has opened next to KL Sentral Station, which is accessible from the hotel via the train station. The mall was about 80% tenanted.

My only minor gripe: housekeeping was spotty. On 1st night, they came in to replace towels but didn't turndown the bed (which they did on the 2nd night). They also didn't replace shampoo which ran low after the 1st night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AbsoluteZeroKelvin
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear AbsoluteZeroKelvin,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to learn that you had a marvellous stay here and especially the Club Lounge facilities. However, I apologise for the housekeeping services that you have encountered during your stay. I will highlight your comment with my housekeeping team so that they work more consistently on the level of cleanliness and amenity replacements.

Yes!! In KL Sentral, we have a new mall recently opened. Wit this new integrated 'green lifestyle' mall, NU Sentral; Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is the perfect destination for leisure and business since there will be more walk options in term of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

Therefore, when you visit us next time, there will be more interesting places surrounding the hotel that you can explore. Travel safe and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Biggest, Largest, Widest, Huge... I can run out of adjectives to describe what was the most impressive and LARGEST breakfast spread that I have ever seen! More of that later though.. My full story -

Booking -

we booked directly with the hotel through their best rate guarantee offer. It worked out to about MYR 305 per night, including that massive breakfast and all taxes. And this was over the super peak New year's eve period, so it was a fantastic deal.

Location/ Arrival -

we arrived at this hotel from their sister hotel, the Aloft, which is just round the corner. ( See separate review ). The location of the Le Meridien is great, it's connected to the KL Sental station, which is really the hub for all transport in Kuala Lumpur. You can catch buses to Genting Highlands and both the airports from here. It's also next door to the Hilton, they use the same access elevator!

We arrived at the hotel at about 2 p.m. Take the elevator to level 3 for the lobby. The first 2 levels are car parks. When the elevator door opens, you will see 2 really normal and small doors - yes doors like in a house - which will either lead to the Meridien or the Hilton. It's a fascinating concept, 2 major hotels having twin doors next to each other. The entrance is very dull and uninviting. This really needs improvement, so that you can feel that you are entering a 5-star hotel.

It's only once you step through that door, do you realise that you have arrived at the 5-star Meridien! Good spacious lobby with lots of seating, and lots of activity going about. Lots of security looking around very carefully at everyone. Appreciate that. A vigilant security is top priority.

Check-in -

we arrived at 2 p.m Check in time. But we were not checked in as the room was still being cleaned. Deposit was charged at MYR 200 a night + the full price of our stay. Very steep indeed.

3 p.m - still sitting in the lobby with no sign of room. With the hotel's own free lobby wi-fi, I shot off an email to Frank, with whom I had earlier exchanged emails regarding room preference etc. So I tell him that we are sitting in the lobby of his hotel for the past one hour without a room. This is not acceptable.

I must say that the Meridien wi-fi is quite good - his reply came within 6 minutes, and we got the room 3 minutes after that. The reception lady personally came upto us, and upgraded us to a deluxe room on the 11th floor.

Rooms -

the elevator works only with the room key card, and this is a safety feature that all hotels should have for added security. So our deluxe room on floor 11 - all rooms ending with even numbers are deluxe at least on the 11th floor - non-smoking, city view, King bed, very clean, carpeted, spacious, all toiletries, a DVD player, mini bar, safe, iron board, bathrobes, floor to ceiling window, 6 bottles of water, yes 6! And you can ask for more by the way. On our 3rd day, we got 10 bottles of water! (See attached pic)

BUT this ladies and gentlemen - was the upgraded deluxe room. I had a chance to peak into the rooms opposite - the odd number ending standard ones - and they were tiny! I couldn't believe how small those rooms were!

Wi-fi -

free wifi is only available in the lobby. If you want free wifi in your rooms, then 'like' the Lemeridien KL on their FB page, and send them a screen shot of that. You will get an email confirming free wifi! So we had free wifi in the room which was good and fast.

Pools -

they have a common pool with the Hilton, but it's large, with slides for children, loungers etc. The ambience was nice.

Breakfast -

oh yes, the breakfast. Did i mention that it was HUGE? And its open until 11 a.m! Now that's a first in any hotel I have come across. Breads, crossaints, chocolate hot waffles, 8 cereals, maybe 9 - couldn't quite count them, cheese, crepes, chicken dim sums, prawn dim sums, hot malaysian food, hot western food, burmese food, indian vegetarian food, chinese food, fruits, yogurt, danish pastries, egg station, cold cuts... I'm sure I have missed out some things.. The breakfast spread has to be seen to be believed! Thumbs up guys!

Check -out

was easy and quick. We rolled our own bags out of the lobby and into the elevator and into the kl sentral station and then into the bus that took us to the airport.

Most of the guests were rolling their own bags out, so it looked like a common feature upon check-out. The concierge did help while checking in, but I cannot recall seeing them help anyone during check-out. Maybe Frank or the manager could look into this? How come no one helps the guests checking out with their luggage??

We had a good stay at the Meridien, and thankful that we got the upgrade to deluxe. The breakfast was amazing and the best I have seen. The hotel could however improve the staff's aloofness with the guests. There was no good morning or greeting from anyone. If you read my review of the Aloft hotel, which is owned by the same group, you can see the remarkable difference of how the staff is at the Aloft. Simply outstanding.

i have given this review 4 stars, and 3 of them are only for the incredible breakfast. Would I stay again at the Meridien? Staff must improve drastically. I could always stay around the corner at the Aloft, and hop across to the Meridien for breakfast!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are bigger, much bigger. To get Free wifi - you must 'LIKE' the hotel on its Fa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RainmanMumbai
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear RainmanMumbai,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am very happy to learn that overall you had a marvellous experience staying with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. We really appreciate your comment regarding our buffet breakfast spread and will share your appreciation with my culinary team. However, I apologise for the delay during your arrival experience and the approach by some of our associates. Rest assure, we will take your comment seriously and continue to strive higher and harder to ensure our guests will have a memorable moment staying here.

I am happy to announce that we are in the midst of planning to refresh all of our rooms and bathrooms and hope to begin this process in January next year.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at the Meridien twice in April - from 11th to 18th and then from 23rd to 26th.
Both times the service was superb.
The room was elegant and spotlessly clean. The facilities were excellent. The bathroom was roomy with fluffy towels, robes, slippers and generous toiletries. The beds were extremely comfortable.
The staff made the stay special, they are really devoted to making sure their guests are comfortable and looked after, and are always helpful.
The restaurants (we ate in the Italian and the more casual downstairs one off Reception area). In both, the food I would rate well above most hotels I have eaten it. Definitely they employ quality chefs and use carefully chosen ingredients. It was excellent, and really great when we came in tired from a business day. The breakfast was also 5 star.
We were recommended by a family member who travels constantly and always stays in the Starwood group, and he made the initial booking. He was right.
Besides this, the area is very convenient for business, being right beside good transport links.
Our stay was so pleasant, we have booked in again from 15th to 18th of this month on a return business trip. To people travelling in the area, this is highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear dickidowd,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

On behalf of all of Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur associates, thank you for a wonderful review and support. We appreciate your recognition and appreciation and will share this review with my team. I am happy that you enjoyed dining at Favola, Gastro Sentral and also our buffet spread at Latest Recipe. When you come back on the 15th, do try out our Award Winning Steak restaurant PRIME located at level 5.

Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you very soon. Have a great week.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Always thought like this hotel was super expensive for its brand and for being located at KL Sentral. From KL Sentral access to trains, subway, transports to the airports etc. are all within walking distance. Under a special family deal by Agoda, we got two interconnected rooms with free dinner for four, all at very reasonable price. Access to KL Sentral was superb. View was good. Breakfast was fantastic. Each room came with two complimentary cups of cappuccino or espresso. The pool was very good and it came with an interesting slide that can handle adults. The National Museum and Perdana Lake Park were within walking distance - good for morning walk. Last but not least, the bellboy sent our bags till the train departure point. Definitely will come back with my family.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible for good view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SAS3812
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear SAS3812,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur you family's holiday destination. To hear that you and your family were able to have a memorable and relaxing experience during your stay here really motivates us in Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur to strive further to provide the best for our guests. Rest assure that I will share your thoughtful comments to all my associates in this hotel.

Though Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is not situated at the heart of KL city centre; however, we are actually strategically located at KL Sentral, the transportation hub that connects out guests to all interesting and "must see" destination in KL. Now that the new mall in KL Sentral is open, there will be more walk options in terms of retail therapy and foodies choices. Therefore, when you visit us next time, there will be more interesting places surrounding the hotel that you can explore.

We look forward to your next visit soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Really enjoyed my time at the KL Meridien. Great pool, great service, great food, good location. A great time was had and I'd definitely return if travels bring me back to Kuala Lumpur in the future!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R0llingSt0ne2011
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear ROllingStOne2011,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for selecting Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as the hotel for your rest and relaxing staycation. We hope that you will be returning to us soon. Do check out our awesome room deals at lemeridienkualalumpur.com should you decide to visit us again.

Travel safe and have a great week ahead.