“Good service, nice pool and great breakfast”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #16 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia
“Good service, nice pool and great breakfast”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went there for a Cardiology Conference , the location very strategic , service is good, nice pool ( but I didn't enjoy, because forget to bring my bikini ) .The hotel is prefect for a couple or maybe with a small kid.
Overrall, nice stay there... and hope to return again..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear chwee9,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. Should you decide to come with your family for holiday, please check out our website lemeridienkualaumpur.com for our Family Package weekend stay where you book a suite and get a complimentary connecting room at a price starting from RM650++.

Hope to see you soon. Have a great day.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been coming to Le Meridien for twenty years, each time I visit one of the hotels for the first time, it never fails to underscore why I keep coming back.

Great suite on the top floor, great helpful staff, and a fine variety of excellent food. The wonderfully relaxing pool appeared to be the only kids activity but its water slide was a real treat. Perhaps I'll look for a posting to KL. ;-)

Room Tip: Le Meridien, what can I say; excellent as ever!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear NoraTitt,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I would like to personally thank you for all the support you have towards Le Meridien Hotels and Resorts. It is really wonderful to learn that our guests are able to relax, unwind and enjoy the facilities Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has to offer.

If you are considering a KL posting, please check out our website lemeridienkualalumpur.com on the Long Stay promotion where if you stay 30 nights or longer, you will enjoy Club Lounge access, buffer breakfast, 25% off laundry service and free parking. The rates starts from RM350++ for Club Suite and RM500++ for Terrace Suite.

We look forward to your next visit soon. Have an excellent day.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A great hotel. We chose it because it was situated at Sentral Station so had easy access from airport train, light rail & Monorail. Our room was clean and although not large was big enough. We did pay for access to the Club Lounge which meant we could have breakfast there and also cocktails in the evening. The pool area was nice - heading there for a swim at the end of the day was nice, there is a pool bar so a nice relaxing drink was pleasant. Service was great, the concierge arranged for a driver to take us the the Elephant Conservation Centre, this was all prearranged via e-mail and was very smooth. Meal at the Italian restaurant was excellent. Would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Club rooms and service is great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 21jane10,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take great pride in ensuring our guests will have excellent experiences during their stay with us by constantly evolving our level of services we provide. Should you decide to visit us, do check out our attractive rooms promotions at lemeridienkualalumpur.com.

We look forward to another opportunity to serve you soon. Have a great day.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The biggest advantage of this hotel is the convenient location - a minute walk from KL Central Station without getting wet even in a rainy day.
The room is big enough for up to the family of four with roll-out bed and cleaned with care.
The key is still magnetic stripe type and you may have trouble activating the floor button on the elevator for sometimes the stripe is not sensitive enough. Then take you to the wrong floor or directions.
The house phone operators were not very friendly with reluctant voice upon request for the in-room dining to take the order but gave us a confirmation call whether the ordered food was okay.
A very good hotel and up to your expectation, but can be better if small things mentioned above is improved.

Room Tip: Maybe higher floors because of views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kamakurangerover,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am thrilled to read that you and your family had an overall enjoyable stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. KL Sentral is definitely the transportation hub that connects all travellers. When you visit us next time; I hope you will be able to explore the new shopping mall opening soon in KL Sentral.

Thank you for your comments regarding the keys and in-room operators, I will definitely share this with my team to ensure that this does not occur.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you better. Have a nice day.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 11, 2013

And I have stayed at a fair number in KL!

I only stayed for 2 nights (I like to move hotels on the day before my flight because I don't want to battle unpredictable KL transport systems) but I was pretty happy. The staff always made me feel very welcome (believe me, a LOT of hotel staff, despite being in the hospitality industry, for a globally renowned 5-star hotel, can't even be bothered to smile at you when you approach them), like they REALLY appreciated my presence and were very happy to have me there. (Except that one guy who sort of ignored us at the lift instead of helping us press the lift buttons. Sorry - I'm just used to that kind of treatment at other hotels! I wasn't angry, but you know it's the kind of thing you notice.) And you can tell that they tried their best to accommodate me (I arrived very early ahead of the check-in time).

The room itself was smallish really, but I wasn't surprised because it's KL Sentral. That being stayed, I once stayed at Hilton next door - that was huuuge for about the same price, in comparison.

If you kind of just do a sweeping glance, yeah, the room is fine, but if you do a magnifying glass sweep (as I do) the bathroom floor, taps were kind of crusty in corners in a way that I wouldn't think acceptable. Bathtub was a bit stainedish (the kind of stain over time, but you know, it's still just disgusting. Luckily I don't ever use tubs.) No option to get a better pillow. What's with these feather pillows - why are they so rampant in hotels? They break my neck.

Housekeeping isn't too thorough. I'm used to housekeeping really tidying things up, but the staff would not touch a single personal item, so it just looks like they straightened out the bed and nothing else. I hope they vacuumed at least.

Cards a bit wonky but we survived. One of the cards kept not working even after I'd replaced it. Good for us we don't split up.

I'll definitely come back even with crusty bathroom and all (especially if the going rate is better than Hilton's) just because the staff are so friendly! (Got to say that if Hilton's prices are about the same I'd have to go to Hilton - the room is just so much better even if their staff are horrible.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Izahh,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your detailed account of your experiences with us and i was please to read that the staff helped ensure your stay remained positive. I have noted on your feedback in terms of the room and the pillows, and can assure you that we do work closely with the departments to ensure inconsistency is reduce. I hope that you do consider us again next time and will you all the best in your travels.

malaysia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Le Meridien is a nice hotel near the KL Sentral terminal where youbcan get all the public transportcfrom trains, busses, ERL, LRT and others. I stayed there for 1 night for a summit and had asked for a smoking room. the room was large and cosy. The view was breathtaking. A nice gesture was the 2 free coffee at the coffee house.

Room Tip: finding the lobby may be a bit of a problem of you came via the ERL..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Drwan,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am thrilled to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. KL Sentral is definitely the transportation hub that connects all travellers to all the famous shopping and "Must See" destinations in Kuala Lumpur. When you visit us next time; I hope you will be able to explore the new shopping mall opening soon in KL Sentral.

We look forward to your next visit soon. Have an excellent day.

Fauzy Wahab
Hotel Manager
WestSussex
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What's wrong with reviews on here, I have stayed in lots of lovely hotels around the country , but this is far the best, loved every minute of our weeks stay, we had the family offer of free adjoining room, rooms where lovely, view from 30th floor lovely, my husband had stayed there on various busines trips but first time with family, we loved it. As for the pool area, paradise so lovely, my girls loved the slide. Gym was well equipped, although I did like to run outside in lake gardens.
Location first class, couldn't of been better.
The club lounge was great, staff so helpful. Would definetly stay again .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank biggs35
Dear biggs35,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing with us your experience and support. It is really a wonderful feeling when we learn that our guests are able to relax, unwind and enjoy the facilities our hotel has in store for them.

We take great pride in making sure that all our guests will have excellent experiences in the hotel constantly evolving the level of services we provide.

We are looking forward to your next visit soon. Have an excellent day.

Fauzy Wahab