“KL - Le Meridien”

Ranked #15 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Hassocks, UK
“KL - Le Meridien”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have made 2 visits to this hotel in past 3 months. One for 4 weeks & currently finishing a 3 week 2nd visit for buisness.
The location is excellent for access to airport & visiting KL city as it is opposite the rail hub. Flights can be checked in with certain carriers at the station which prevents hauling luggage.
Hotel staff are excellent, efficient & extremely friendly. I had one electrical fault in my room & was rectified in 10 minutes. Hotel provides a shared pool & gym with Hilton next door. Conceirge staff are very helpful & extremely locally knowledgable. Bottled water (6) available in room daily. A must in KL. Kettle & beverage facilities available in-room with also mini-bar but at cost. Only downside. For buisness users, Wi-Fi is available both in-room & communial ares with good coverage.In my opinion, excellent hotel, amenities & staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ODD number. I was in 2871. 28th floor but ODD numbers mean you overlook the G...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear NealHassocks_UK,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for the kind review and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 long stays. We try very hard everyday to make our guests feel welcome and understand how this helps them feel a little more closer to being a home when staying away from their real home time. I will definitely share your great comments with our team and hope that you come back to LMKL when returning to Kuala Lumpur.

Harvey Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A beautiful hotel - situated a little out of the hustle of KL. Absolutely loved the staff - so friendly and caring. Breakfast was AMAZING - one of the best in Asia from a hotel chain. Hotel room was clean and well presented - a little dated though - a coat of paint/new wallpaper wouldn't hurt. Loved the pool and room service - delicious.

All in all, a nice hotel - although I would probably consider other hotels before staying again - just regarding how outdated it is becoming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heartsvivi,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of the recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding the room condition. We have just done the large refurbishment for lobby and meeting spaces areas and now look towards our room renovation project for some stage over the next year.

Melaka
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Like its sister property the KL Hilton, this hotel is ideal for those seeking to explore Kuala Lumpur by public transport - it is right next to KL Sentral (sic) which is the hub for rail and light rapid transit. However, if you drive here you will probably curse the person who laid out the carpark , totally inadequate for the size of the hotels it serves and with tight corners an average car will find it difficult to squeeze around. Making things worse is the rampant illegal parking of frustrated patrons unable to find an empty lot.
Checking in is a breeze, and the room itself reasonably sized and with all the standard fittings. The air conditioning remains adequate even at night (I have noticed in some hotels that the temperature creeps inexorably up in the wee hours of the morning). The LED reading lights did not work but the bedside lamps were quite adequate.
The bath is rather narrow and there is no separate shower cubicle. The bathroom is otherwise okay.
A pet peeve of mine is the lack of instant coffee. Having to brew coffee for 5 minutes in a cafetiere is not my favourite morning activity, especially when running a bit late. I agree brewed coffee tastes better, but if the hotel is serious about taste and convenience, provide Nespresso machines. If not at least have a sachet or two of instant coffee for when people are in a hurry.
The housekeeping staff need a little training. They came into the room and cleaned everything except two used teaspoons, which they left undisturbed on the desk.
The walls are also a little thin. I could hear the TV from an adjacent room when I woke late at night.

Dear Inftraveller,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for the feedback and positive suggestions and insights We appreciate your time in posting this update and can address a lot of the areas with the Third Party Parking company and our own Housekeeping department. All the best with your travels and I hope that you consider LMKL again if returning to this City

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable and clean hotel. Service was excellent. No complains about food .
However, room was abit too small and no complimentary beverages were provided. That was a big blow for me-a tea addict.
Otherwise, this hotel was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Ponniah,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur,

Thank you for your great comment about Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and its services. The room sizes do vary based on what may be available to book and range between 30 m2 for our Classic category, 36 m2 for our Deluxe and up to 69 m2 for the suites .

In term of complimentary beverage, I apologize that this did not appear to be in your room as we do provide complimentary tea, coffee, bottles of drinking water for guest to enjoy and will make sure my Housekeeping team are aware of your feedback

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The interior design of the hotel from lobby to corridor is old.
The phone cable is loose, easily falls out.
They forgot one of my dish and left out one of my side dish.
Have to wait another 15mins for them to bring out my second dish.
Interior design of the room reminds me of a hotel i stayed in 15yrs ago.
Parking is not free, RM 5 per entry.
The door bolt is coming loose.
No clock radio (*compare to the hotel next door)
However my review might be bias since I have experience their competitor next door.
The only good thing is that they didnt price it 5 star.

2 Thank ttch
Dear ttch,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and regret to read about the defects of your room and missing room service items and apologize that you had to experience this

I was a little confused by the comments relating to the lobby area as this has just been fully upgraded late last year; however recognize that the guest floors are still to be done. In term of parking, unfortunately we don’t own and manage the parking lot; it belongs to a 3rd party company and are therefore not able to provide free parking for our guests. I hope that you will not be deterred from returning to Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and ask that you contact me if I can be of any assistance by clicking in to the "email hotel" in Le Meridien site in Trip Advisor.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Le Meridien hotel is right in front of the Sentral station where you can find food at an reasonnable price. The room is really clean, the staff is very caring and overall we were very please with the stay.
The breakfast is very expensive but it is absolutely delicious! The early check-in option with included breakfast is a good deal if you plan to arrive early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear markxiii

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur,

It was a pleasure for me to read your great comment about the rooms, staffs and food. I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come back to us again when visiting KL

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here from 29 March to 31 March

As we had several delays with the bus that we were taking to Kuala Lumpur, we knew we were going to be late arriving into the hotel so we called the hotel to reconfirm our arrival time at least 3 times.

Upon Reaching the hotel at roughly 12 am, we were pleased that they kept our room.

Check in: Since it was at 12am, there was only 1 person on duty. So check in was quite a fast process and we were up the elevator in less than 5 mins.

Elevators: Its actually quite fast, despite the hassle of slotting in your card for security purpose which is understandable. Though one of the elevators had no lights even though your press the number.

Newspaper: We had newspaper on the first day but the next day, it didn't came. As an SPG member, I did expect it to be delivered every day.

Pool: We used the pool the next day and it was packed with people. There were only 2 staff in charge and clearly they were understaffed. Several empty plates lay around the pool and service took quite a while despite ordering only the Italian Gelato which was the best i ever tasted. Plate design was excellent.

Service: We called for Ice and it took a while to arrive. 2 calls and 40 mins later, the ice finally arrive with no sort of apology. We wanted to call room service but after our experience with the ice service, we decided not to.

Room: Room was excellent and well cleaned during our stay. The housekeeping guy was friendly and greet us whenever we cross paths. Complimentary water we were given was 8. That was the most i ever seen in any hotel i been to. I like how you have to make your own coffee using that small machine, DIY. The Beds were good and comfy. Foam pillows that I requested was given. Room Size was big enough and do not look outdated.Nice little art paintings on the wall give a lovely touch.

Breakfast. We didn't chose the breakfast option but we decided to go for it the last day we were to check out. Upon arrival, the manager greeted us and I decided to use the starwood card for discount. However, the manager took the liberty to gave us several other choices which were lower than the card price. There was plenty of food and it was excellent. Though replenishment could take a while to arrive.

Dinner: We had dinner had the Italian restaurant named Favola and service was top notch. Squid Ink smoked duck pasta was cooked to perfection.

Check out: Our stay had end. I was sad leaving this wonderful, service oriented hotel where every staff greets you, from the housekeeping guy to the people at the bars, doorman at the basement floor. It was unfortunate I couldn't try the Club floor but after this experience, there is no stopping me from returning. Check out again took less than 5 mins and he explained the details in a step by step form. Simple to understand and wish us a pleasant day.

Near to many interesting sights and affordable places to eat. KL Sentral can get crowded, and its the start and end point for the KLIA Express. Its Comfort, and only 35 Rm one way with a special only Malaysian airlines check in counter opposite it, you cant beat that for price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear TravelswithZach ,

Greeting from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur in such detail. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in overall and your recommendations for areas that we can improve upon. We regularly review these comments to work on areas that seem to not work as well and will include your comments in our next review this week

Once again, thank you and I hope you consider the LMKL again when next in KL