“Uber Convenient”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Upon landing in KL, a single train ride on the KLIA Express, which is only 28 minutes, got me right to KL Sentral, which is the station located right opposite of Le Meridien.

With the location being close to the station, i was able to get my much needed rest immediately.

Loved the bed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear roycie83

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for the review and appreciate your recognition for the effort we have made to ensure that the bed comfort is better. Hope to see you when next in KL

Harvey Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,851)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location , right at the KL Sentral makes this hotel a convenient point to travel to other parts of the city.

Thus it is good for business travelers and "real" tourists whose main intention is to go sight-seeing around Kuala Lumpur.

But for those who would like to do shopping and / or join the "happening crowd "
in the main golden triangle..this will mean quite a long walk to the nearest monorail station.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear d_rohana

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for review and you are absolutely right, we are located in a key area and KL Sentral is in constant evolution, which makes it indeed a huge transportation Hub. It is very easy to go anywhere in town or out in the surroundings too.

The walk form the Hotel to the monorail is less than 10 min and with the monorail it makes it a breeze to reach the city center and all that without the hassle of KL traffic jam. The airport is as well just 28 minutes away from the Hotel by direct connection with the express train, which makes it an important convenience and especially traffic free.

I am glad you were able to easily move around and trust you had a comfortable journey with us.

Looking forward to have you back with us.

eneral Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very central to Kuala Lumpur, Le Meridien is an ideal place for, in my case, a stopover.

Located literally next to central next station, it gives you the opportunity to easily travel within the city.

I had a last minute cheap price on the internet, so it made my experience even more enjoyable. Despite my backpack, my filp flops and my shorts I was treated perfectly by the staff.
Breakfast buffet is perfect from continental, to english , plenty of local fruit as well.

Th standard room was clean and I had a very nice view over the city.
Bathroom was clean and the bed was to my liking.

The hotel got a pool, perfect to relax and a gym if are in need for exercise.

The evening buffet is good as well
The hotel has a connection with the intercontinental?which i believe is also part of The Starwood group. The only negative point is the late night bar in the lobby as it was not very busy when i was there, but KL has plenty to offer

Room Tip: check for special offers on the website you might be surprised, often better deals than with holiday...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear T-Beau I

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Well thank you for lovely review and details. I am pleased to read that you had a memorable journey with us and enjoyed the property fully.

In regards to the Intercontinental Hotel, the Le Meridien Brand is actually part of the Global company called Starwood Hotels and Resorts and includes other brands such as Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels , Aloft, Four Points by Sheraton, Luxury Collection, and Element . I hope you will consider us and Starwood for your future visits in KL or anywhere in the world that you may be travelling to

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Big hotel right new Sentral Station so convenient for the KLIA Ekspress. Professional and courteous check-in in nice lobby area. There are a variety of restaurants and bars at the hotel (the bar in the lobby area serves pretty good food at reasonable prices for a big city centre hotel). Room is pretty good and resonably sized with clean and comfortable bed, aircon, minibar, tea/coffee making facilities, wardrobe, desk, flat screen TV, iron/ironing board etc. Bathroom looking a bit dated but OK. Internet service in the room is via LAN or wifi but disappointingly it is an additional charge (not cheap either), free wifi is available in the lobby. Breakfast is pretty good with lots of asian/western choices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Poliwhirl

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for your review and a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to sample our product, not only the rooms, but as well our food and beverage venues and that you enjoyed the service and the culinary experience. In terms of the internet, I appreciate your feedback and have put in place a number of purchase options based on time that we hope helps those guests who only need the internet for a short period of time. We also worked closely with the design team to ensure that our newly renovated public area spaces have the necessary coverage and power points to allow our guests to access the web using WiFi in a comfortable setting free of charge.

Thank you for sharing and I hope to see you back in LMKL on your next visit..

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just located few seconds away from Sentral, this is the most convenient Hotel I have ever visited. We had small budget so we took highly discounted room but still there was no compromise on the service or any other facility. As usually I have felt at home in Le Meridian as they being one of my favourites hotels.

Room Tip: If you have small budget go for discounted room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear grace403.

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and there is always a good deal at Le Meridien KL. I am glad you we could fit your budget and without affecting your experience at all.
I trust we will remain your preferred choice of Hotels while being in KL.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the past few months and it's a nice hotel, über central to the train station.

The rooms are a little on the small side, but the pool and breakfast are huge.

Always very friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mt_Eliza_Marc

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

First of thank you for your loyalty and it is always a pleasure to read when our teams makes you feel home and deliver a consistent experience.

Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Staying more than two weeks at a hotel gives you a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. There are many strengths and few weaknesses at the Meridien KL.

The location can hardly be beat. The hotel is on top of the Sentral train station, which allows quick and safe transportation to and from the airport (RM 35, 28 minutes), the city core with its many shopping opportunities and restaurants (by monorail, about RM 2 depending on the destination), and other parts of town including the touristic sites (e.g., the Batu Caves are half an hour away by commuter rail). Given the many traffic jams, relying on various forms of rail transport is the way to go in KL. But taxis are also cheap and plentiful if this is your preferred way to get to places. Finally, for those having to go to Putrajaya, the administrative capital with all the government agencies, the Meridien's location shaves off a lot of commuting time compared to hotels near the Petronas towers.

The hotel itself made a fresh impression on us. Nothing looked worn, and we felt very comfortable. The rooms were recently refurbished and had fancy controls near the bedside for lights, air conditioning, privacy settings, etc. Lighting was perfect to do reading and working late. Wireless internet was fast and reliable; it was included in my rate, but affordable if I had to pay for it. My bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom top notch; the shower was a delight, and the toiletries offered very good. The views from my high-floor room were inspiring.

I had access to the club lounge on the 33rd floor which provided excellent breakfast and, after 6 pm, tasty snacks and drinks. Staff at the lounge were very customer-oriented. The lounge got busy at times in the evening, and on one particularly busy day the manager (I guess) took my colleagues and me down to the bar near the reception and let us order drinks and tapas there, courtesy of the Meridien. Highly professional! In general, all staff we dealt with were going out of their way to make us feel home.

The pool area seems nice, but I did not use it too much. I noticed though that it is in the shade most of the day, which in KL's warm weather is not too much of a problem unless you want to get a tan.

Finally, what are the weaknesses? They are small and few indeed. For one, the meeting room offered next to the 33rd floor lounge is an ice box, since its A/C setting needs to make sure the lounge nearby does not get too hot; we had to cut short a team meeting in that room, since many of us were shivering. And second, the key cards give access to dedicated floors only, probably for well-taken security reasons. In addition to common areas, these are your room's floor and the 33rd floor (if you have lounge access). But this being the case, the hotel could not find a solution to grant access to my colleagues to the floor where my suite was located, to have team meetings there (given the ice box meeting room); the only option offered was to give all of my team members access to my room as well--on which I passed. So we always met on the 33rd floor and I then escorted my team to my suite on another floor to have productive meetings. But apart from these minor issues, I would highly recommend the Meridien for business travelers to KL. You will be in very good hands!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear SGECHAMPION

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Well thank you for such a detailed review and despite some minor glitches (which I will be looking at) I am thrilled to that during your long journey, we were able to wow you and make your stay a memorable experience.

You certainly made my day with your delightful comments and when being away for quite an extensive period of times, it is important to feel like at home. I truly appreciate the time you took in commenting on your experience and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.