Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
$103
Trip.com
$214
$166
The Westin Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$135
$117
$95
$71
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$87
$70
$71
$101
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$86
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$59
$54
Agoda.com
2,978 results
All reviewslatest recipeklia expresskl sentral stationhilton hotelthe club loungespg memberconvenient locationairport trainswimming poolgreat poolpremier roomeasy accesscorner roomlittle indiabusiness tripbuffet breakfastpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just located few seconds away from Sentral, this is the most convenient Hotel I have ever visited. We had small budget so we took highly discounted room but still there was no compromise on the service or any other facility. As usually I have felt at home in Le Meridian as they being one of my favourites hotels.

Room Tip: If you have small budget go for discounted room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear grace403.

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and there is always a good deal at Le Meridien KL. I am glad you we could fit your budget and without affecting your experience at all.
I trust we will remain your preferred choice of Hotels while being in KL.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the past few months and it's a nice hotel, über central to the train station.

The rooms are a little on the small side, but the pool and breakfast are huge.

Always very friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mt_Eliza_Marc

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

First of thank you for your loyalty and it is always a pleasure to read when our teams makes you feel home and deliver a consistent experience.

Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Staying more than two weeks at a hotel gives you a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. There are many strengths and few weaknesses at the Meridien KL.

The location can hardly be beat. The hotel is on top of the Sentral train station, which allows quick and safe transportation to and from the airport (RM 35, 28 minutes), the city core with its many shopping opportunities and restaurants (by monorail, about RM 2 depending on the destination), and other parts of town including the touristic sites (e.g., the Batu Caves are half an hour away by commuter rail). Given the many traffic jams, relying on various forms of rail transport is the way to go in KL. But taxis are also cheap and plentiful if this is your preferred way to get to places. Finally, for those having to go to Putrajaya, the administrative capital with all the government agencies, the Meridien's location shaves off a lot of commuting time compared to hotels near the Petronas towers.

The hotel itself made a fresh impression on us. Nothing looked worn, and we felt very comfortable. The rooms were recently refurbished and had fancy controls near the bedside for lights, air conditioning, privacy settings, etc. Lighting was perfect to do reading and working late. Wireless internet was fast and reliable; it was included in my rate, but affordable if I had to pay for it. My bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom top notch; the shower was a delight, and the toiletries offered very good. The views from my high-floor room were inspiring.

I had access to the club lounge on the 33rd floor which provided excellent breakfast and, after 6 pm, tasty snacks and drinks. Staff at the lounge were very customer-oriented. The lounge got busy at times in the evening, and on one particularly busy day the manager (I guess) took my colleagues and me down to the bar near the reception and let us order drinks and tapas there, courtesy of the Meridien. Highly professional! In general, all staff we dealt with were going out of their way to make us feel home.

The pool area seems nice, but I did not use it too much. I noticed though that it is in the shade most of the day, which in KL's warm weather is not too much of a problem unless you want to get a tan.

Finally, what are the weaknesses? They are small and few indeed. For one, the meeting room offered next to the 33rd floor lounge is an ice box, since its A/C setting needs to make sure the lounge nearby does not get too hot; we had to cut short a team meeting in that room, since many of us were shivering. And second, the key cards give access to dedicated floors only, probably for well-taken security reasons. In addition to common areas, these are your room's floor and the 33rd floor (if you have lounge access). But this being the case, the hotel could not find a solution to grant access to my colleagues to the floor where my suite was located, to have team meetings there (given the ice box meeting room); the only option offered was to give all of my team members access to my room as well--on which I passed. So we always met on the 33rd floor and I then escorted my team to my suite on another floor to have productive meetings. But apart from these minor issues, I would highly recommend the Meridien for business travelers to KL. You will be in very good hands!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear SGECHAMPION

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Well thank you for such a detailed review and despite some minor glitches (which I will be looking at) I am thrilled to that during your long journey, we were able to wow you and make your stay a memorable experience.

You certainly made my day with your delightful comments and when being away for quite an extensive period of times, it is important to feel like at home. I truly appreciate the time you took in commenting on your experience and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My missus and I have stayed in numerous hotels in Kuala Lumpur (KL) and I must say that I am very, very happy with Le Meridien. First, the location is unbeatable. We dislike taking taxis in KL because of many rather unpleasant experiences of dishonesty, so the trains from the adjacent Sentral Station are just perfect. The design of the room at the 13th floor was very functional and easy-to-use. The room was very bright due to the large windows which faced the east. Waking up with the sun coming into the room is a joy. The bathroom is large enough and water pressure was good. The pool provided the ideal oasis to cool down the body after a walk in the nearby streets of Little India. The free WIFI in the pool area and in the lobby was very good.

We like Indian vegetarian food very much, so we enjoyed staying at Le Meridian because of its proximity to Little India. However, the walk from the hotel to the streets of Little India may be a bit confusing at first due to the ongoing construction works. Furthermore, the walking pavements are not properly leveled so it is advisable to be careful when walking. Heavy rainshowers in the late afternoons occur frequently in this season (November-December) such that an umbrella would be useful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HouseReefDiver
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear HouseReefDiver,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

I am very pleased that after you “have stayed in numerous hotels in Kuala Lumpur” you have discovered your new home away from home, aka Le Meridien. As you rightfully wrote, our location is equal to none others in the city. Being adjacent to the huge transport hub that is KL Sentral, it makes it a breeze to travel to any area and without having to experience the KL traffic. It is true that there are still a lot of constructions around the KL Sentral and that on occasion it can be a bit confusing. I am sure that once it is all completed KL Sentral will be more practical than now.

Lots of culinary experiences too, whether it is in the Hotel with our 150 different dishes buffet at Latest Receipe, award winning steak house, Prime, Italian delights at Favola or more casual at Gastro Sentral, there are several offerings at walking distances.

All this would not be completed without proper internet connectivity. Keeping connected is a must and we have just increased our bandwidth which will make it even faster.

Thank you once again HouseReefDiver and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back many more times this year

Warm Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being on an a very tightly scheduled inter-continental trip, I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the KL Sentral station, the terminus of the airport express. The hotel turned out to be located right next to the station, and was conveniently close to the business district.
Got a room on a high floor with brilliant views of the city's skyline. The breakfast buffet was excellent, featuring options of Malay, Chinese, Indian and western fare.
The hotel shares a common lobby with the Hilton - and the two hotels are towers next to each other! Thanks to the proximity, had a very good Chinese meal at the Hilton - just walked from one hotel to the other by opening a glass door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear FootlooseSolihull.

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Great to ready that even though you were on a tight schedule you were able to enjoy our facilities and service.

I hope you had a safe journey to your next destination and that you will keep on considering us should your travels bring you back to KL.